IGNORED

Today's Ref, game of 2 halves ?

1960maaan

I don't like moaning about Refs after a defeat, just sounds like typical sour grapes. so I feel better about moaning after a win.
TBF I thought first half the guy was good, in fact , into the 2nd half he was decent. I don't know what happened, but suddenly he gave every bit of contact as a foul against us. I thought the earlier booking were harsh, but I gave him that. But the last half an hour felt so one sided from him, I honestly thought he was just waiting for them to score.  Just glad it didn't cost us.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Seemed to admit his own mistake on two separate occasions in the first half. One for blowing the whistle on our advantage and again when their player was on the floor. 

Was also odd that he was like an opposition player leaning over the player on the floor; assuming he was also telling him to get up.

Didn't help with the amount of driving/gamesmanship from 'Boro. Probably the worst I've seen since Dirty Leeds a few good years back pre Bielsa.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pickle Rick said:

Seemed to admit his own mistake on two separate occasions in the first half. One for blowing the whistle on our advantage and again when their player was on the floor. 

That free kick he gave as Weimann was away was one of the reasons I thought he was good. He noticed AW would have had a break on, and apologised straight away. Later he seemed intent on giving them everything.

Thought he was really poor & always feel more comfortable saying that when we have won.

Every time Martin & Semenyo put in a challenge their defenders went to ground & he bought it.

However he let their defenders shirt pull Martin & foul Semenyo & gave very little.

Crap.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Crackers Corner said:

Don't think he had much help from linesmen who were not great either

They didn’t seem to communicate with each other effectively at all.

There was a Boro player obviously offside in the first half - I’m sure the linesman was waiting for a signal from the ref as to whether the player was interfering because the player was right over the other side of the field and the ref had a better view. He went to play the ball, but the ref just looked at the lino and gave no signal at all so play just carried on.

And the foul for Martin’s shoulder to shoulder challenge near the end was ridiculous. 

But, have to say I thought he did us a favour by adding only 3 mins at the end - and then adding very little onto that.

Edited by italian dave
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, VT05763 said:

Only talking about this with my son on the way home. Thought he was really good for the first half hour and then "spiralled" down into shocking.

really weird.

First 20 mins was ok…then between him and his assistant on the LS side, they missed lots and got lots wrong.

Ask @TDarwallwho the gobby shit sat a couple of rows behind him, shouting at them both all game, was? ???

The ref’s performance was embarrassing.  Like situations, no foul given against them, but foul against us.

• Haha 1

The ref went from bad first half to a total joke seconed half. The linesman (in front of Williams) was just taking bad linesmen decision to another level. And if regs and linesmen don't improve Doon I am going to start getting thrown out for the amount of abuse they deserve to shouted at them.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

The ref went from bad first half to a total joke seconed half. The linesman (in front of Williams) was just taking bad linesmen decision to another level. And if regs and linesmen don't improve Doon I am going to start getting thrown out for the amount of abuse they deserve to shouted at them.

Me too.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Me too.

I mean I take my 11 year old twin grandsons. So I try and keep the shouting and cheering within excepted lines. But for **** sake when cheating northern ****** start diving and refs are blind ***** And ******* linesmen are blind *****.

What is one supposed to shout 

COYR

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Thought he was really poor & always feel more comfortable saying that when we have won.

Every time Martin & Semenyo put in a challenge their defenders went to ground & he bought it.

However he let their defenders shirt pull Martin & foul Semenyo & gave very little.

Crap.

I think that’s just the way it is with modern refereeing unfortunately. The defenders and keepers get the protection…

It really boils my piss when a defender goes into his corner and flops to the floor. The referees buy it all the time.

My problem with the refs recently is their inability to see when a defender Sheilds  a ball and readies himself to fall forward the moment an opposition players is within 1 foot of them. 

It’s a dive. Stop falling for it!

To give a different view, if we allow a team 2/3 of possession, would you not expect them to have more fouls?

There’s got to be some new rules or training brought in that makes the assistant refs have to make decisions if they’ve got the clearest view.

Its ridiculous when they just stand there looking gormless when an incident has happened right in front of them and they’re just looking at what the ref is going to give and he’s 30 yards away.

Shame Boro felt the need to go over so easily, they were a very good team and didn’t need to do that. 

As an ex-bastard in black and who was sat along a current bastard in black we both thought he was pretty good.

First half better than second but he seemed to have a good rapport with the players. Didn’t he congratulate AS when he scored.

The linesman with an Adolfesque slicked down haircut on the dugout side mind was shit.

Funny how we all see things differently. Bit like all officials I guess….. ?

5 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

There’s got to be some new rules or training brought in that makes the assistant refs have to make decisions if they’ve got the clearest view.

Its ridiculous when they just stand there looking gormless when an incident has happened right in front of them and they’re just looking at what the ref is going to give and he’s 30 yards away.

Shame Boro felt the need to go over so easily, they were a very good team and didn’t need to do that. 

I’m not certain it works like that anymore.

With £2k worth of communication kit strapped to their heads I think you’ll find the use of the flag is now no longer as important as it once was…..

From the Lansdown side - I thought he had a good first half - unusually like many he was not afraid to get his card out when needed and couldn’t argue with any bookings.

With the free kick he gave us when Weimann broke - he was parallel with me and is body was slightly turned against Weimann and I could see what he was trying to do - but annoyingly Weimann broke slightly on his blind side and when he realised instantly apologised.

I happened to say to those I sit with how much better I thought he was just as he have a free kick against J D-S in front of the South Stand which was totally shocking - and from then on he seemed to lose all the confidence he’d had before to make his own decisions and was constantly tricked by Boro players falling all over the place.

The free kick against Martin (shoulder barge) in the second half was laughable.

I only hope he watches his performance back and sees his mistakes!  At least he didn’t get a second yellow out for Alex Scott - which I’m sure a few may have been tempted!