IGNORED

Players of value finally

Top Robin

Id say Scott, Semenyo, Massengo, Weimann, Pring, Williams, Bentley and Kalas are players capable of playing in a side pushing for top 6. Personally I'd cash in on Massengo for £10m or so and build a lot of the squad with that cash and any scraps we can get for the likes of Wells and the other deadwood.

Edited by RedNachos

9 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

I can't remember the last time we had so much value in the team.

With Semenyo, Scott, Massengo, Weimann and Williams surely worth at least £10 -£20 million each, it's a great position to be in.

Just hope we can keep hold of them and they help us get to the promised land ?

Well if Williams is worth 10mil after 10 games in two years were quids in.

He may well turn out to be a real player but have a think mate.

• Haha 1

I think we’ll lose one, probably Antoine. But IMO this is the best crop we’ve had coming through at once, and if you think Scott, Pring, Benarous, they are all gonna be in year 2 of championship starts next year, and are likely to keep improving? That’s before we consider Bell, Pearson and Edwards…

We’ve got some talent on our hands peeps.

We certainly have some talent on our hands currently. We seem to currently have a good crop in the first team, but also a good crop in or on the fringes of the first team squad. Bigger teams will definitely be sniffing around in the very near future if not already. I noticed Rob ‘ Biff ‘ Newman was in the Lansdown stand today making a few notes with pen & pad, he is currently I believe, West Ham’s head of recruitment! I can definitely see them looking at Semenyo, would be a good back up for Antonio imo. COYR 

For Semenyo surely a good comparison is the Eze deal between QPR and Palace.

22 year old, England U21, had 14 goals in 46 games in 19/20. Went for a deal reported to be worth up to £20m in the summer. 

On that basis I'd say Semenyo wouldn't go for the same. He's not got the U21 caps, he's not gunna get 14 goals.

£15m tops I reckon. Especially post covid.

Edited by ExiledAjax

9 hours ago, VT05763 said:

Pring and Benerous will improve greatly too.

Academy with more to come in next couple of years also.

Not all doom and gloom.

Nice to hear NP give the Academy a decent mention in the Thursday press conference.

Absolutely I accept Pearson is constrained somewhat by our financial predicament, but i believe he’s just what our academy lads need. He’s sets a great example in work ethic, he’s seems honest with them and is garnering loyalty and respect. He also shows through interaction with others, what isn’t acceptable.

Interesting couple of years ahead.

3 hours ago, 054123 said:

Absolutely I accept Pearson is constrained somewhat by our financial predicament, but i believe he’s just what our academy lads need. He’s sets a great example in work ethic, he’s seems honest with them and is garnering loyalty and respect. He also shows through interaction with others, what isn’t acceptable.

Interesting couple of years ahead.

Also supportive of the Women’s team (staff and players).  I’ve heard that he’s been very helpful to Lauren Smith (Manager) and the players get a bit of a lift when he watches games.

Back to Academy, the more players he selects and prove ready, the less he needs to “buy in” from outside and cost base reduces.  That’s Sustainability in my eyes, not what we did previously.

• Like 3

@Davefevs getting near the time for one of your squad break down threads. This post highlights the stand out "Young 'Uns'" , but I am genuinely excited with the base squad. Not sure who is OOC this summer , but I think we are in decent shape. If we have to lose Massengo, then we will get some much needed money in. The rest are under contract long enough to give us building time. 

12 hours ago, Top Robin said:

I can't remember the last time we had so much value in the team.

Totally agree.

Mostly down to the Academy, but also I'm optimistic with the players, or type of players, that Nige has brought in.
The obvious ones you've mentioned. HNM, Semenyo & Scott would all demand a good fee, Williams will after a run of games, and to the right club maybe even Weimann.
Then there are the next level that will get better and prove themselves. Pring, Tanner, Atkinson , all showed promise.
Then the next ones from the Academy. Benarous, Conway & Cundy ? Even Owers , Idehen & Pearson.

I think we need to capitalise on this crop of talent, it's a real shame it's coincided with no room to add that bit of quality. Big onus on Pearson and our scouting team to find this extra bits at the right price.