IGNORED

Darren Ferguson Resigns

Silvio Dante

3 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Thats great to know emission,

Take a look who runs the show at that joint.

Holden would suit them more.

Although odds aren’t everything, Holden doesn’t even feature in the betting. LJ is joint second favourite, with Evans and Warnock at 8/1. Grant McCann 6/4 favourite.

If it’s Holden, I’d give you the money myself.

Just now, Oh Louie louie said:

Yes. silv, judge the faves in this market.

They always get the job....

Lj was fave for the bradford job last week....

Thats more his level.

Whats the price on him there now silv,?

I’m not sure why you’re trying to start an argument here? My first shout (yesterday) was Grant McCann, he’s the favourite and rightly so. Johnson is a realistic shout for them (he isn’t for Bradford - see the Sunderland thread for thoughts on that) and the price reflects that. 

The fact that Holdens not in the betting despite the bookies knowing, as both you and I know, that MacAnthony likes people with existing club connections, probably iterates that it’s only you who thinks it’s a good shout. I’d disagree entirely with the shout, and wouldn’t think Posh fans would be that enamoured either.

I think you’re way off beam with the shout, and again, if he’s appointed I’ll give you the money myself.

Jeez, this is hard work:

- MacAnthony will likely appoint McCann. He’s worked there before and is available

- Lee Johnson is however a viable candidate at Peterborough. He’s just been subject to an insane sacking at Sunderland, a job he held for more than 6 months, delivering a trophy and the best winning percentage of any manager they’ve had since hitting that level

- Because of that record, his next job will be better than mid table league two, which is where Bradford are. Doesn’t matter what his odds were there - he was never going there, hence he’s drifted (you see this all the time - the odds for unrealistic candidates are short at the start as fans put money on in hope and the odds are a function of that, not likelihood of appointment)

- Dean Holden is not a viable candidate at Peterborough. Despite him having club connections, there are no whispers of him being in the running, and he was a car crash in his only job at this level. Hence he’s not in the odds at all (whereas people like Holloway are!)

- So, in summary, Johnson wasn’t sacked in six months at Sunderland and has a stock in the game which means he’s viable for Peterborough but unviable for Bradford. Holden has no stock in the game for a managerial job at this level 

Dean Holden will not be the next Peterborough manager. I know you think it’s worth a bet, but save your money.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Hard work for me too.

Asked you a perfectly respectful question.

You made out i wanted a row.

If im hard work, dont speak to me.

Simple as.

Anyone on here got the odds, for lj as bradford manager by the way?

Silv wont tell me, ive no ideal why?

Perhaps some kind hearted soul will?

10/1

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Midred said:

I thought he'd retired, again!

Frank Sinatra retired more times than Warnock, yet still made endless farewell concerts and comebacks.   (I don’t think Frank is going to be the next manager at Peterborough) 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Listen to this, so im summary lee johnstone wasnt sacked at sunderland. and has stock in the game!

Ive heard some crap in my time, but that pearl of wisdom wow,

Yes, you are so right!

I love reading these sort of arguments, Please keep it up.

Before your next post, though, just consider these unfortunate ‘pearls of wisdom’, or ‘crap’ as you like to describe it.

Your adversary didn’t state that LJ wasn’t sacked, rather that he wasn’t sacked in six months: LJ joined Sunderland in December 2020 and was sacked in January 2022, i.e. 13 months (not 6) later.

During his time at Sunderland, LJ managed them to an EFL Cup win and oversaw their best ever spell at that level; quite an impressive record by any account, so I would suggest he has some stock in the game.

8 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Phil with all due respect, how can someone go from our leauge to being linked to bradford?

And someone suggest his stocks good!

Its just not logical.

Its frankly daft.

Is it? 2pts off top when LJ got sacked, lost 4 out of 5 since his departure, out of the playoffs. Won the EFL trophy, highest win % for many a year of any manager there. He might have baffled some of the Mackems with his BS managerial talk, but no disputing the facts. But let's face it, he's better than Bradford. He's only in the betting because he's fresh out of a job. Young, keen, up and coming, reasonable record behind him, certainly at Sunderland.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Phil with all due respect, how can someone go from our leauge to being linked to bradford?

And someone suggest his stocks good!

Its just not logical.

Its frankly daft.

For the record, I was never over keen on LJ as City’s manager.

I am sure he is a very good coach, especially with the younger players, but I didn’t like his jargon or excuses, both pre and post match, and I used to wince when he would criticise publicly and even blame some of his younger players for defeats: we have all seen the match, witnessed the mistakes so there is absolutely no need to shame a teenager in public to absolve yourself from blame!

Nevertheless, his record whilst our manager speaks for itself for, notwithstanding the funds he had available to him, his league positions were impressive and, of course, there was that wonderful League Cup run.

I don’t think anybody could justifiably say he left Sunderland in a poor position - their results since he left suggest he must have been doing something right - so I would suggest that, amongst his fellow professionals his stock is high; not, necessarily, to be considered for a higher end Championship role, but certainly lower end or League One.

Why, then, would he consider dropping to League Two, especially when, notwithstanding the fact Bradford were in the Premier League not so long ago, they do not appear to be realistic promotion candidates this season?

You know as well as I do that the betting odds are a joke at League One and Two level, and I really don’t think that LJ was linked realistically with Bradford, rather that somebody placed a speculative £10 bet and he immediately became favourite for the job.

We shall see what transpires in the next few weeks, but I don’t foresee LJ managing in League Two any time soon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomF said:

Looking forward to him leaving by mutual consent in 18 months time and Darren Ferguson returning. 

I wonder what the record is for most managerial stints at a football club?  Howard Kendal did 4 at Everton I think?  Jim Gannon same at Stockport?

John Sheridan also 4 at Oldham.