IGNORED

World In Action Documentary

Keepers Ball

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

I’m talking late 90s…Stockwood Green moved to Bath Spa College (Newton St Loe) before moving to Whitchurch behind where Spartak played.

Stockwood Wanderers used to play top of Sturminster Rd I think.

Is the BS14 ground still there…thought KCC were selling it for houses?

BS14 club is still there

• Like 1

I was in the enclosure for the Fulham game - I tried spotting myself when they scanned over my area of terrace, but then I remembered I'd have been under 5'5" at 13, so probably hidden by other fans :) Bloke on the sponsored walk must be in his 80's be now - is he still around? What about the 4 and a half year old who sent his 60p pocket money in?

Found it difficult to keep it together when they closed with 'one for the bristol city'.

12 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Good old Jimmy Hill and his foresight that TV was causing the Economic problems in Football?        Have you told Sky TV yet, Jimmy?

Ironically he contributed though by helping to abolish the maximum wage. And presenting Match of the Day of course! 

23 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I was in the enclosure for the Fulham game - I tried spotting myself when they scanned over my area of terrace, but then I remembered I'd have been under 5'5" at 13, so probably hidden by other fans :) Bloke on the sponsored walk must be in his 80's be now - is he still around? What about the 4 and a half year old who sent his 60p pocket money in?

Found it difficult to keep it together when they closed with 'one for the bristol city'.

I was thinking along similar lines, I wonder what happened to 4.5 year old Leslie Trott of Whitchurch? I'd love to hear his story.

The episode about people applying for jobs, and lie about having a criminal record was good.

They decided to advertise, the job as a security guard in liverpool, to test this.

I cant recall the exact figure, but of the 30 applicants, i think 28 had records!

The interviewer asks, one scouser in the interview, got any form mate?

Whats form he says?

He was worthy of a oscar, i think he had been to prison 4 times!

On 22/02/2022 at 11:56, handsofclay said:

The documentary was spot on in identifying that Gary Collier's departure on the new freedom of contract rule to Coventry City was the catalyst for the spectacular downfall.

They glossed over the fact City weren't playing the most talented centre half they've EVER had, preferring instead to continue with Rodgers once he broke into the side after Collier got crocked against Moscow Dynamo. That's why he left.

Tragedy was the move to Cov also 'broke' Collier who quickly decided to start again in The States.

For those too young to have seen him play imagine Webster, only twice as good.....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BTRFTG said:

They glossed over the fact City weren't playing the most talented centre half they've EVER had, preferring instead to continue with Rodgers once he broke into the side after Collier got crocked against Moscow Dynamo. That's why he left.

Tragedy was the move to Cov also 'broke' Collier who quickly decided to start again in The States.

For those too young to have seen him play imagine Webster, only twice as good.....

Twice as good as Webster don't know about that.

But was certainly the most cultured center back we have had the pleasure to watch in 50 years.

Hansen at Liverpool you could compare him to as he would glid forward with the ball.

Tougher than Hansen for sure.

21 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

It's difficult to imagine now that in the four years when City were in the top flight that no domestic players were selected to play for the home nations. I would class Collier as one of those worthy enough for England caps. Others who should've got a look in for England were Clive Whitehead (superior to Peter Barnes as a winger) and Norman Hunter who although a veteran still oozed class and was consistently good. Gow, Sweeney, Ritchie and Shaw should've had a few Scotland call ups. But we were an unfashionable club in the top flight, but I agree with your analysis of Collier a really classy centre back.