IGNORED

Semenyo - Impact

Wiltsred14

Looking at the assists table to date shows that Semenyo has had a significant impact in terms of goals/assists per game, when compared to higher profile Championship players. 

Happy to be challenged, but he’s like looking like one of the most productive forwards in the Championship. 

What level do you think he could get to?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/championship/top-scorers/assists

Edited by Wiltsred14

33 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

Def agree - don't think you'll get any disagreement - but this is also in multiple other threads:

I know this has been widely referenced before, but it feels like his development is progressing at an exponential rate. I can’t think of anyone in recent times who has made such an impact at championship level, with the potential to perform higher. 

2 hours ago, Wiltsred14 said:

Happy to be challenged, but he’s like looking like one of the most productive forwards in the Championship. 

What level do you think he could get to?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/championship/top-scorers/assists

Well, Premier League for sure. 

If you look at one of the teams rumoured (are) interested in him, Palace. They currently have Jordan Ayew playing in a very similar position. Ayew has scored once this season, in 28 appearances (mostly starts) for Palace. 

Semenyo is 8 years younger than him, quicker than him, bigger than him, can score with both feet (with power) and can turn his man on a sixpence with his back to goal. He also contributes massively in the assists department.

He is arguably already a better player than Ayew at 22, and Ayew has had a very decent career with well over 150 Premier League appearances. 

Hopefully this indicates where the kid is and why City will be holding out for £20m + for him. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

If you look at one of the teams rumoured (are) interested in him, Palace. They currently have Jordan Ayew playing in a very similar position. Ayew has scored once this season, in 28 appearances (mostly starts) for Palace. 

Semenyo is 8 years younger than him, quicker than him, bigger than him, can score with both feet (with power) and can turn his man on a sixpence with his back to goal. He also contributes massively in the assists department.

He is arguably already a better player than Ayew at 22, and Ayew has had a very decent career with well over 150 Premier League appearances. 

Hopefully this indicates where the kid is and why City will be holding out for £20m + for him. 

Out of interest, watching the u23s earlier….Ollie Thomas came on and looked like he might be the next Antoine.  Anyone sen much of him in the u18s.  Think he came on v Charlton for the u23s recently.

8 hours ago, tin said:

I thought he was below par tonight, partly due to the exceptionally high standards he’s set himself recently. I still can’t get my head around why he didn’t square it for Weimann to tap in. That said, his rate of development is extraordinary. 

Coventry wouldn’t let him breath & were very physical with him. That’ll be his next challenge . Teams know about him & will target him now. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Decent comparison - although I think Ayew has only participated in 22 league games and one cup game this season, including sub appearances - not that it matters much

10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Semenyo, pulled, grabbed, pushed all night by Hyam and McFadzean. Ref missed so many fouls.

Still did fine.

Ref was very poor , again.
Not his best night, but he was still a handful. I said elsewhere, was calling for balls over the top, he would have murdered the CB's given space to run into and an early ball. Just never came.
Got to add, what a header :bounce: up so high and smashed the bar. Won a good few flicks too.

10 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

He showed in a cameo at Preston that he could do it, I always thought he needed to be consistent and to learn the subtleties . He seems a little more relaxed, and if he can take that further he will get better again. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Semenyo, pulled, grabbed, pushed all night by Hyam and McFadzean. Ref missed so many fouls.

Still did fine.

There was one in particular I recall 2nd half that was so clear cut near their box, could not be anything other than a free kick- yet it wasn't! Same phase of play that there was a possible penalty- depends on whether handball or ball to hand- from a shot by Massengo.