Davefevs

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Collective errors….again. Just pics!

EEEC2311-5F03-4D0A-8D7C-9C819877FDED.jpeg

EBA1D0EF-1568-4C50-9159-DB58A3D8855B.jpeg

B0D32237-9442-4AAC-A8EF-F9DC0812A69E.jpeg

DA2BEE20-2C3A-4C1E-B606-4DBD34DC9AE8.jpeg

72F49DD2-BFF8-4C4E-91CB-C9E8B0507335.jpeg

when I saw the highlights I was slightly less critical of HNM's initial mistake, and surprised Williams don't win the tackle straight after. And I'd like 10,000 words from HNM on why he should be giving Hamer a practical lesson on gravitational effects. He can use French if he prefers.

Edited by Sleepy1968

At the time I felt that Williams was the one who was “just not at the party” and lost possession too easily. 

But totally agree we are often too soft in these circumstances and need to take one for the team and accept a Yellow card for taking down a player!

Too often are we too easy to get past!

It certainly was a series of individual errors rather than one person's fault, as is usually the case.

Gyokeres is nowhere near as fast as many of his midfield support, indeed he seemed to be slightly podgy to me.  But he's left in enough space that no one could catch him. 

20 minutes ago, headhunter said:

wtf is Kalas doing!!! Last but one picture - no need for him to move left

Kalas all at sea yet again. I know many rave about him on here but I’ve always struggled to warm to him to be honest.

Obviously HNM mistakes starts the move off for them but christ for an £8 mill defender to have such bad awareness is shocking.

Edited by bris red
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Not sure Kalas made the right movement there at all, leave the ball carrier to Massengo and Klose, he needed to track the goalscorer. Kalas' positioning in the third pic is perfect but well off in the fourth pic

Not saying he covers himself in glory but if he moves decisively to his right then the guy on the outside is free if Klose engages the man with the ball. We stop this by HNM bringing the guy down a long time before we get to this point, he never gets into a position to challenge or fouls him, really poor.

18 minutes ago, headhunter said:

The new Weimann?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bris red said:

Kalas all at sea yet again. I know many rave about him on here but I’ve always struggled to warm to him to be honest.

Obviously HNM mistakes starts the move off for them but christ for an £8 mill defender to have such bad awareness is shocking.

That is such utter horseshit, I don’t know how many blocks & towering headers he won last night.

Klose could barely run in the last 10 minutes, he was covering him as well.

Absolutely clueless.

• Like 9
  • Confused 1
  • Robin 1

18 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Watching lots of football like I do from local to international football and city ? I must say we are the worse team bar NONE! At taking a man out, getting a yellow card for the team, to stop a counter attack from the opposition that leads to a goal scoring opportunity.

That has been the case for a very long time.

On and off the pitch we are nice club/team, that plays by the rules ( I fancy this mirrors our owner’s way of doing things). How many times have City fans bemoaned opposition teams for professional fouls, cynical tackling, shirt pulling  and time wasting - invariably after a defeat?

I’m sure we would all want the club to be thought of highly in terms of our on field attitude and the number red and yellow cards, but equally I think we’ve long needed our players to be more “street wise” and sometimes being prepared to do what is needed. 

Had the roles been reversed and HNM been the one to win the ball and break away into Coventry’s half, do any of us think the Coventry player would have left him on his feet to make a goalscoring pass?

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

50 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

problem with that being the refs in the past few games have been so clueless they might give a red

Personally I think we should be prepared to risk a red if it means preventing a winning/equalising goal on the 90 min mark.

Edited by Malago
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, headhunter said:

Nope, he gave Hamer a easy choice. Worst case Kalas blocks that path, they take a shot from distance.

I guess it’s all easy to say in pictures rather than in a blink of second. But it’s still pretty poor.

56 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

It certainly was a series of individual errors rather than one person's fault, as is usually the case.

Gyokeres is nowhere near as fast as many of his midfield support, indeed he seemed to be slightly podgy to me.  But he's left in enough space that no one could catch him. 

Good to hear everyone’s views from just posting pics rather than putting my own bias in the opening post (other than a couple of blobs and arrows).

I think it creates good debate, and allows each poster to express their view of the situation.

Of course last night we don’t have the benefit of replays / screenshots, but even at the time, listening to the radio on the way home, I thought Massengo got 99% of the blame.  Shows it’s not always what it seems.

Nobody talking about their first goal last night, either.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Collective errors….again. Just pics!

EEEC2311-5F03-4D0A-8D7C-9C819877FDED.jpeg

EBA1D0EF-1568-4C50-9159-DB58A3D8855B.jpeg

B0D32237-9442-4AAC-A8EF-F9DC0812A69E.jpeg

DA2BEE20-2C3A-4C1E-B606-4DBD34DC9AE8.jpeg

72F49DD2-BFF8-4C4E-91CB-C9E8B0507335.jpeg

Spot on Dave.

Several opportunites to prevent the goal. None taken,

Surprised Williams lost out in that challenge.

Amazed Massengo didn't take one for the team.

An then. Kalas (who should know better) got sucked out of position, moving, needlessly, towards the ball.

As you say "collective errors".

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, Super said:

I didn't notice that last night but that's poor from an International Defender.

I know its not a popular opinion but I dont think TK is as good as others seem to think he is. Boro last minute goal on weekend down to him too.

Don't get me wrong, he is by no means a bad defender. But seems to make a lot of positional errors. Sacrilege to say, but I wouldn't be too gutted if he moved on in summer or even if, once definitely safe, we maybe start giving other options a bit more of a go. Would really like to see more of Cundy.  Maybe even Idehen. And have Atkinson and Towler to come back in at some point. 

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

2 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Judging by the water bottle destruction , Nige was frustrated with HNM for that one . Comes with the territory when playing such young players . HNM is not  Prem or higher just yet . It’s how he learns the next couple of years that counts . Potential is vast . Learning opportunities even greater . He needs to sign up and keep developing. 

ps the NP touch line antics are very entertaining . Last night he was very very pleased with JD . Finally getting back to his expressive and dangerous self from pre injury . He was applauding a lot of the teams work last night . 

It’s things like this that is another reason why I think Han will still be here next season (and will sign a contract).

If you were a scout for another club, how would you “sell him” to the prospective manager / recruitment team? Especially if you need to pay £10m plus for him (assuming he’s worth more than last summer’s £8m).

I rate him, he’s plenty good enough for our level, but there are things in his game he needs to improve.  He needs another season of growth - with us.  Nige is handling his “inconsistent form” well, he’s a bit up and down, partly due to the slightly frenetic way he plays”, and that must count for a lot, to be trusted by the manager.

I might be wrong, just my view.

• Like 3
  • Robin 1

2 minutes ago, the1stknowle said:

I know its not a popular opinion but I dont think TK is as good as others seem to think he is. Boro last minute goal on weekend down to him too.

Don't get me wrong, he is by no means a bad defender. But seems to make a lot of positional errors. Sacrilege to say, but I wouldn't be too gutted if he moved on in summer or even if, once definitely safe, we maybe start giving other options a bit more of a go. Would really like to see more of Cundy.  Maybe even Idehen. And have Atkinson and Towler to come back in at some point. 

Pains me to say it, but if we could get £4-5m for Kalas and keep the other 3, I think you can replace a CB easier.  He does some brilliant, brave stuff, but not without a mistake either.  Still rate him though.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1

4 minutes ago, the1stknowle said:

He’s playing with a rookie full back and is too often caught trying to cover two  positions at the same time.  Put TK in an experienced back line and the errors/hesitancy will disappear.

Edited by Malago
  • Hmmm 1

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Good to hear everyone’s views from just posting pics rather than putting my own bias in the opening post (other than a couple of blobs and arrows).

I think it creates good debate, and allows each poster to express their view of the situation.

Of course last night we don’t have the benefit of replays / screenshots, but even at the time, listening to the radio on the way home, I thought Massengo got 99% of the blame.  Shows it’s not always what it seems.

Nobody talking about their first goal last night, either.

As you know, Dave, it's a pet hate of mine. The idea that a loss is 'one person's fault'.

I always think "what about the forwards who didn't score?", "the poor passing wasting a potentially good move", "the over-slow, over-cautious build-up allowing the opponents time to regroup", "the wasted corners and free kicks", "players switching off and drifting out of the game" etc etc etc.

At the end of the day, two killer passes and one excellent instinctive finish undid us last night. Other than that, there was not much between the sides. They looked marginally on top first half, we looked the better side second half.

We'd be better analysing these errors as Pearson does - what could we do better? - than trying the endless search for a scapegoat.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It’s things like this that is another reason why I think Han will still be here next season (and will sign a contract).

If you were a scout for another club, how would you “sell him” to the prospective manager / recruitment team? Especially if you need to pay £10m plus for him (assuming he’s worth more than last summer’s £8m).

I rate him, he’s plenty good enough for our level, but there are things in his game he needs to improve.  He needs another season of growth - with us.  Nige is handling his “inconsistent form” well, he’s a bit up and down, partly due to the slightly frenetic way he plays”, and that must count for a lot, to be trusted by the manager.

I might be wrong, just my view.

The odd mistake by HNM is no bad thing IMHO (Not that he is entirely to blame for 2nd goal, Dasilva should have clipped it forward, and Williams tackle was lame) as he is till a young lad, with loads of talent, prone to the occasional error?  I am  hopeful that potential suitors will look at him as a work in progress, and will hold back with large bids until they see him continue to play Championship football, and show consistency?   If we can hold onto our triumverate of exceptional talent, and add to it in the summer, I can see an entertaining season on the horizon in 2022/23?    Here's  to HNM - Antione and Alex making a few more cock ups in the coming months  Ha!!

• Like 1