IGNORED

Coventry’s Winner

Davefevs

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Was he (Bentley) being impeded at all- I watched it on the highlights a couple of times and couldn't make my mind up, If he was impeded of course, shouldn't have been a goal.

Or am I clutching- appealing for something, looking for something that wasn't there.

Bents is not comfortable off his line I think it was around 6 ft off the line which is his area  ,he doesn't set himself to come out he sets himself to stay so it will keep happening. 

2 hours ago, Mad Cyril said:

I was disappointed by our bench at the point leading up to conceding the late goal.

Why the hell didn't Vyner sprint on to the pitch and clothesline their striker? Yes a straight red  but we are still left with 11 men on the field.

Basics.

Mate, I haven't laughed out loud at something on here for a long time .. kudos to you my friend

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, red colin said:

Bents is not comfortable off his line I think it was around 6 ft off the line which is his area  ,he doesn't set himself to come out he sets himself to stay so it will keep happening. 

Are we talking the Middlesbrough game? Corner towards the end that they scored from.

Nothing like 6 foot off his line, if we mean Saturday. We could be cross purposes.

1. Corner set to be taken taken. Reasonable but not major distance.

image.thumb.png.5baf8658875025dc63a64d94995b281a.png

2. Ball/delivery into the box...it's always a fine line and the game does have physical contact but I wonder a bit? Is it a fair attempt to win the ball or borderline obstruction?

image.thumb.png.f4c7eeb8d836d837b0a56dc208e9a0ab.png

3. Ball delivered- he literally appears to be being held in place, or perhaps it's on him to come out and claim/punch whatever. Bentley is certainly hemmed in at this stage.

image.thumb.png.44a4d2998404f572f258746cf933a1ad.png

4. Goal- the guy in front of Bentley was serving no purpose but to impede him it seemed- literally pulled away in the opposite direction.

image.thumb.png.33064061b06ddac5a23951ac608f6e51.png

Now it's entirely possible that I am the fussy one here, do they even bother that much with the impeding and obstruction rules but if not then the rule dictates a free kick to the defending side...can be argued either way but am wondering a bit still.

Just looks like less than 6 Dave but yeah true...maybe different on screen to in reality.

Anyway yeah, am I clutching with my possible argument on an indirect free kick/impeding etc?

Back to the topic, I think Massengo or Williams- if either of them cut it out a bit better at source and we get a draw. Unsure we deserved to win the game, but we certainly shouldn't have lost it- for the improvements we have seen we still concede far too many shots and that perhaps is linked to since injuries forced a back 3, that part of our shape and the midfield not always relieving the pressure on the defence as they should.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Just looks like less than 6 Dave but yeah true...maybe different on screen to in reality.

Anyway yeah, am I clutching with my possible argument on an indirect free kick/impeding etc?

Back to the topic, I think Massengo or Williams- if either of them cut it out a bit better at source and we get a draw. Unsure we deserved to win the game, but we certainly shouldn't have lost it- for the improvements we have seen we still concede far too many shots and that perhaps is linked to since injuries forced a back 3, that part of our shape and the midfield not always relieving the pressure on the defence as they should.

I've watched it a few times, I think he's impeding, but not fouling. Not enough anyway. I want Bentley to be stronger there, I think he falls hoping to get the free kick. 

As for Cov's winner. Mistake by Massengo, Williams is a bit flat footed and can't react. Neither great. There are a couple of occasions to foul, but it looks like HNM could actually get a slide tackle in, to either block the pass or make an attempt to win the ball. He does neither. 

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

I've watched it a few times, I think he's impeding, but not fouling. Not enough anyway. I want Bentley to be stronger there, I think he falls hoping to get the free kick. 

As for Cov's winner. Mistake by Massengo, Williams is a bit flat footed and can't react. Neither great. There are a couple of occasions to foul, but it looks like HNM could actually get a slide tackle in, to either block the pass or make an attempt to win the ball. He does neither. 

Do you think maenappa,my favourite keeper from recent times would have  concided Coventrys second  no never  .Bents is a line keeper not a box keeper .we end up stuck too close to our goal on crosses as bently doesn 'know how to claim his area even with all advantages keeper's get. He seems a small presence 

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Each to their own on that bit, ie Bentley v Middlesbrough, think it can be argued either way tbh certainly not clear and obvious- keepers can get quite a bit of- at times excessive- protection these days so I wonder if this shouldn't have been one example- bit hemmed in but it's perhaps borderline.

Impeding in of itself can lead to a free kick to the defending side?

Bit of both I think about Tuesday, Massengo could have been stronger but neither seemed fantastic.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

9 hours ago, red colin said:

Do you think maenappa,my favourite keeper from recent times would have  concided Coventrys second  no never  .Bents is a line keeper not a box keeper .we end up stuck too close to our goal on crosses as bently doesn 'know how to claim his area even with all advantages keeper's get. He seems a small presence 

IMO , Bentley is the best 1 v 1 keeper I've seen . Crosses I have many, many doubts about him, but coming off his line  1v1 , he is very good.

9 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Each to their own on that bit, ie Bentley v Middlesbrough, think it can be argued either way tbh certainly not clear and obvious- keepers can get quite a bit of- at times excessive- protection these days so I wonder if this shouldn't have been one example- bit hemmed in but it's perhaps borderline.

Impeding in of itself can lead to a free kick to the defending side?

Bit of both I think about Tuesday, Massengo could have been stronger but neither seemed fantastic.

Not disagreeing at all. Either by letter of the law, or how keepers have been protected , it could be a free kick.
I try and look at it as if it was our goal, I would be a little disappointed if it's disallowed.

• Like 1