IGNORED

James Tavernier and Ryan Kent!

Tinmans Love Child

Just watched some of the highlights of Rangers European cup run and was nice to see 2 City ex Loanee’s playing a big part (we taught them all they know ?).

I know Kent was rubbish for us but he played great in the 1st leg v Dortmund and Tavernier scored the pen last night in front of an amazing crowd at Ibrox, what an atmosphere, I guess they don’t miss their time with us anymore than we miss them!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Just watched some of the highlights of Rangers European cup run and was nice to see 2 City ex Loanee’s playing a big part (we taught them all they know ?).

I know Kent was rubbish for us but he played great in the 1st leg v Dortmund and Tavernier scored the pen last night in front of an amazing crowd at Ibrox, what an atmosphere, I guess they don’t miss their time with us anymore than we miss them!

It wasn't that Kent couldn't play, it was that he didn't want to. He just didn't want to be here.

I guess it's the flipside of the loan successes of Tammy Abraham and Steven Caulker here, that you might get a Ryan Kent or Danny Rose who think they are already too important to be at "little" Bristol City. 

It's one factor in why Pearson doesn't like loans in, I suppose. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, tin said:

I was disappointed at the time that we didn't make Tavernier's loan with us permanent. I thought he was class in the second half of our double-winning season and was a good age at the time (23) with scope for improvement, and so it's proved. Good on him. 

Completely agree. Would've been a great signing of we'd pulled it off. Not sure if we tried to or not, mind.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Steve Watts said:

Completely agree. Would've been a great signing of we'd pulled it off. Not sure if we tried to or not, mind.

Me neither, and the irony is that we've struggled to have decent RBs throughout my three decades of supporting City. At that time, we had both Tavernier and Ayling. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, tin said:

I was disappointed at the time that we didn't make Tavernier's loan with us permanent. I thought he was class in the second half of our double-winning season and was a good age at the time (23) with scope for improvement, and so it's proved. Good on him. 

It seemed a no-brainer to go for him. I wonder if we tried and he wasn't interested. 

Had the conversation about Kent the other night. He plays for a team that dominates the ball now, so he gets it and can have as many touches as he wants. When he came here, we played a quick passing style moving the ball around at pace. When he got the ball he slowed everything down, completely the wrong sort of player for us at that time. Bad scouting IMO.

Tavernier was good for us, I would have liked to keep him, but I must admit I wasn't impressed what I saw when he first went to Rangers. He has improved a lot, his levels of performance have been brilliant.
For a while, the easy bet was Rangers to win & Taverier to score, got 14 in 18/19. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tin said:

We did sign a half decent RB in Fredericks! Mark Little just didn't take to him much...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Tavernier - watched him last night and they mentioned something like 50 goals, plus numerous assists from wing back. Think they bought him and Waghorn for 200k!!! 

How do we let players like this slip through our hands?

Taverner didn't want to stay

It was an odd game Dortmund looked levels above them 1st half and Bellingham was the best player on the pitch but 2nd half they were awful. Credit to Rangers but you would think its a different outcome with a fit Haaland for Dortmund.

12 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Yeh but Nicky Hunt “IS” the worst player!*

*appreciate he’s now spoken about the issues he had at the time

Also inviting Ryan Taylor, Peter Styvar, Danny Rose and permanent signing-Tony Dinning to the party.

Edited by TBW

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

Had the conversation about Kent the other night. He plays for a team that dominates the ball now, so he gets it and can have as many touches as he wants. When he came here, we played a quick passing style moving the ball around at pace. When he got the ball he slowed everything down, completely the wrong sort of player for us at that time. Bad scouting IMO.

Tavernier was good for us, I would have liked to keep him, but I must admit I wasn't impressed what I saw when he first went to Rangers. He has improved a lot, his levels of performance have been brilliant.
For a while, the easy bet was Rangers to win & Taverier to score, got 14 in 18/19. 

Regarding Kent, we were awful when he joined 

7 hours ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Regarding Kent, we were awful when he joined 

We weren’t ‘awful’, we’d not long given Man City a run for their money and injury’s may have caught up with us after a busy Christmas period but he was genuinely ******* shit for us.

The only thing I remember about him was the Dolman lighting reflecting off his massive ear stud as he did bugger all on the pitch.

Complete waste of time.

Tavernier was ok.

17 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

You can say what you want about the standard of Scottish football, but playing against Dortmund in front of 40k fans and that atmosphere and doing the business has to be respected

I am with you on the low standard of Scottish football.

Beating Dortmund isn't exactly impressive. I don't even know where Dortmund is. Somewhere in the Highlands?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1