IGNORED

Deflection?

firstdivision

The Messiah said the first goal was a deflection in his post-match interview. Was it? I’ve watched it back about ten times and I just can’t see one. It looked like a really really poor piece of goalkeeping from DB who otherwise made some excellent saves. It looked the softest goal imaginable, which is very unlike us.

That apart, it was a 2-0 thrashing. 

• Haha 6

10 minutes ago, Simon79 said:

Hope they’re doing buy one get one free down Specsavers, cause I’ve seen the highlights (poor angle for the first ) & I can’t see anything obvious! COYR 

Camera Angle from Bentley’s far post looking back towards Johnson shows it clearly.  What angle are you seeing, zoomed in from half way line camera.  I doubt you’d pick it up from that.

Just watched Sky highlights….yeah, you won’t pick it up from their camera angles, unless you look really carefully at the change in spin on the ball.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/12552415/nottm-forest-2-0-bristol-city-championship-highlights

Robinstv showed a camera angle from beyond the far post…and it was clear on that.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, firstdivision said:

Really, Dave. I was at the game and I’ve see it many times back and I can’t see anything obvious. 

If you see it from the reverse angle , or whatever you want to call it, sit's clear.
I must admit I had been disappointed, thought he'd been beaten at his near post. Big nick that takes it just inside the post. 

Someone said the 2nd was, couldn't be arsed to watch the replay of that one.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Camera Angle from Bentley’s far post looking back towards Johnson shows it clearly.  What angle are you seeing, zoomed in from half way line camera.  I doubt you’d pick it up from that.

Just watched Sky highlights….yeah, you won’t pick it up from their camera angles, unless you look really carefully at the change in spin on the ball.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/12552415/nottm-forest-2-0-bristol-city-championship-highlights

Robinstv showed a camera angle from beyond the far post…and it was clear on that.

Cheers @Davefevs, have watched it on my phone via the Sky sports app. Makes me feel a bit better! COYR 

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

It’s weird how Sky’s halfway-line camera gives little indication of a deflection, albeit I was viewing it on my phone on the way back. Even at the ground, albeit from the opposite end, we had no sense of a deflection. Just looked a really weird goal. Bentley’s body reaction doesn’t suggest he was wrong-footed either. But I’m happy to take your word for it. Going to watch in HD on Quest.

The bottom line is we were dreadful, though. 2-0 was a very conservative score line.
Forest second match of the week (with postponement at Bournemouth); our third. Might have made a difference. We looked leaden. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, firstdivision said:

The Messiah said the first goal was a deflection in his post-match interview. Was it? I’ve watched it back about ten times and I just can’t see one. It looked like a really really poor piece of goalkeeping from DB who otherwise made some excellent saves. It looked the softest goal imaginable, which is very unlike us.

That apart, it was a 2-0 thrashing. 

You see it from the angle behind the goal, 100% a deflection

3 hours ago, firstdivision said:

It’s weird how Sky’s halfway-line camera gives little indication of a deflection, albeit I was viewing it on my phone on the way back. Even at the ground, albeit from the opposite end, we had no sense of a deflection. Just looked a really weird goal. Bentley’s body reaction doesn’t suggest he was wrong-footed either. But I’m happy to take your word for it. Going to watch in HD on Quest.

The bottom line is we were dreadful, though. 2-0 was a very conservative score line.
Forest second match of the week (with postponement at Bournemouth); our third. Might have made a difference. We looked leaden. 

Agree, we weren’t very good today.

8 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

No but it stops people blaming a blameless goalkeeper. 

OK- That makes more sense although how anyone could blame DB for yesterday is beyond me. I think he is a really good goalkeeper and ,imo, superior to Max.

What happened between him and Nige is unknown but I'm glad that Dan who is club captain and last seasons player of the year (from memory?) is back. No goal keeper can single handedly prevent goals if your defence is all over the place but DB did make the difference between 2-0 and 4or 5-0

• Like 3
  • Hmmm 1