IGNORED

Drop Massengo, Semenyo, Weimann on Saturday against Birmingham

1 minute ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

Lees philosophy was very different to Nige though, big squad lots of rotation and setting up differently to exploit the other team's weaknesses.   Nige is more a lean fit squad small amounts of rotation and playing a similar way week in week out.  I like both philosophies to be honest but I know what is more affordable and consistent ?

It also helps by having staff who have an eye for a player, nige has a pretty decent track record of that,

What's important and probably the most important is getting the support staff correct,

I dont recall a time where we've actually done that, even under cotts I don't think we had the correct support staff and was more an old boys club,

1 hour ago, The Bard said:

Yep.  The issues with Martin being overplayed are less relevant with just 1 midweek game left.  He did look really leggy earlier in the season when there were a lot more midweek games though and surely we'll be signing another striker who can play the target man role when Wells leaves?

I'm looking forward to seeing Cundy start.  He was on a very good upward trajectory before injury and must be fully imbedded into the squad.  Be surprised if we don't offer him a contract. 

You would guess so re Cundy, likely to be on a very low wage & at 25 in May it is now or never.

Lots of sorting out to do defensively this summer & arguable that only Atkinson of the numerous Centre Backs is certain to still be here by next summer;

Moore is completely out of favour, Vyner looking like he is also heading that way, Baker we know all about, Kalas is into the last year of his deal & both Klose & Cundy are out of contract.

5 hours ago, westonred said:

With at least 3 Premiership clubs currently interested in Scott with maybe more to show interest this will only drive the price up. if we could get anything over £20m for the lad we would have to sell and hopefully sell ons for Webster Brownhill or Kelly should help our finances and give us a summer transfer kitty

No we wouldn't. Not going to hijack another thread over it but Scott is the most likely to stay at the club of the three. 

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

You would guess so re Cundy, likely to be on a very low wage & at 25 in May it is now or never.

Lots of sorting out to do defensively this summer & arguable that only Atkinson of the numerous Centre Backs is certain to still be here by next summer;

Moore is completely out of favour, Vyner looking like he is also heading that way, Baker we know all about, Kalas is into the last year of his deal & both Klose & Cundy are out of contract.

Think Klose and Cundy will be offered new deals as of right now. Aside from them and Atkinson I think everyone else will make way in the summer.

1 minute ago, KegCity said:

Think Klose and Cundy will be offered new deals as of right now. Aside from them and Atkinson I think everyone else will make way in the summer.

Going to sound like a broken record, but someone has to want the players under contract, whether that is Kalas, Moore or Vyner for them to leave.

Baker might be an exception if he is insured, because it seems likely he won’t play again but we are not in control of the situation with regards to the others.