IGNORED

Season ticket direct debt’s

BCFC1512

It’s getting close to the time when next season’s prices get announced and go on sale.

I’m guessing there’ll be a price freeze or small increase, a lot of people will be facing hard times financially in the coming year and that could effect renewals but I can’t see the club reducing prices. 

On 02/03/2022 at 22:17, ralphindevon said:

It’s getting close to the time when next season’s prices get announced and go on sale.

I’m guessing there’ll be a price freeze or small increase, a lot of people will be facing hard times financially in the coming year and that could effect renewals but I can’t see the club reducing prices. 

I am unable to afford a season ticket these days as I did back In the day. And I know the club are losing unacceptable weekly loses. But if we consider the club is the 'Fans'. Should they not really try to keep them as cheap as possible. More fans , more atmosphere, more successful team. Therefore bringing better sponsors, financial backers and the premier League glory money, one day , Maybe.

I feel a price cut would be a huge gesture to the fans in already difficult and likely worsening times. And major discounts for those less able to pay.

I would love to afford a season ticket again ticket . But have been off work long term  with ill health.  

COYR

Sits patiently with tin hat on ?☕?

• Like 2

It amazes me how small a part of our turnover Season Tickets are, it must be in the region of £4million a year, and compared to £36million losses it's a fairly small portion.

Having said that, any change made to the price will result in hundreds of thousands increased or reduced income, which is still a fuckload of money.

They need to walk a fine line on prices between making sure they sell enough to get decent crowds, whilst not giving them away too cheaply. A sold out ground every week would result in increased food and drink income for sure, but could also end up hitting the longstanding fan on a limited budget that suddenly finds there are no tickets available when they have the funds to go!

• Like 1

With prices going up on food and other goods it would be nice to think that a season ticket is immune to that sort of cost of living increase at the moment, and that the club would appreciate that. Going to the game next season will likely be a more expensive experience so having bums on seats would be important to the club you would think.

Saying that, I’m not sure the club gets a lot right commercially and takes for granted the fans who will renew each year regardless  

• Like 2

I would have to think twice if they went up at the rate a lot of stuff is going up at the moment.

I just don’t make it to every game, night games are difficult, in school holidays the M5 is just too packed and trains at the moment are very unreliable and expensive and not an option for night games. I usually miss a couple games due to holidays and other commitments.

So when I break it down I already probably pay more than if I paid on the day, especially with mates rates etc. But I’m happy, atm., to do that to secure the seat I really like but a big increase would have me, like many others I’m sure, thinking twice. 

• Like 1

It would be tone deff and a pr disaster if the club ticket prices up,

With food going up energy going up (mines gone up by 900 quid) council tax going up and only MP wages going up to cover for this crisis, its madness not reducing prices imo

• Like 2

I think this season will be my last with a ST. I`ve only been half a dozen times and can`t see me doing too many more before May TBH. I`d already pretty much blown out night games but even Saturdays are becoming too much of a chore - it`s the whole day for me living where I do and I`m finding I`m enjoying/relieved at not having to do it. Cost isn`t the driving factor (although I appreciate it is for a lot of fans and it`s only going to get worse), it`s just the hassle of it all really.

I`ll always love City, that will never change - I`ve been through too many emotional ups and downs over the last 50 years to stop that - but I think I`m falling out of love with the `match day experience`.

Perhaps it`s an age thing, who knows?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Monkeh said:

It would be tone deff and a pr disaster if the club ticket prices up,

With food going up energy going up (mines gone up by 900 quid) council tax going up and only MP wages going up to cover for this crisis, its madness not reducing prices imo

Spot on

Theres not going to be a lot of spare cash around going forward the way the energy and fuel prices are going.

Increase or no increase, I fear that there may be a lot who don't renew for next season as a result of the lack of performances and entertainment we have suffered this year.  Add to those, people who may have health or affordability issues and we have lost a few due to the pandemic.

TBH, even if we halved the price of tickets, I doubt that we would be able to fill the ground as things stand.

If the club increases prices, I think they would be shooting themselves in the foot at the moment even though the losses need to be covered somehow.  

I do miss the 20k plus crowds we were getting every game not so long ago and the atmosphere that created.

28 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Increase or no increase, I fear that there may be a lot who don't renew for next season as a result of the lack of performances and entertainment we have suffered this year.  Add to those, people who may have health or affordability issues and we have lost a few due to the pandemic.

TBH, even if we halved the price of tickets, I doubt that we would be able to fill the ground as things stand.

If the club increases prices, I think they would be shooting themselves in the foot at the moment even though the losses need to be covered somehow.  

I do miss the 20k plus crowds we were getting every game not so long ago and the atmosphere that created.

If you renewed this season after the previous two then lack of entertainment isn't going to be your issue.

Home matches this season are at a 3-4 year high for the enjoyment factor! 

• Like 2