IGNORED

Worst team In 40 years

Topper 123

Regarding our worst ever team I had to endure watching. I had to borrow that pen from M.I.B. so that part of my memory could be erased. I keep getting flashbacks, however, and whilst I can't remember any names, I think the manager might have played for Rovers. I think he is Welsh as well.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, HoldenBall said:

Not the worst by any stretch but one of the most gutless teams in recent years and the amount of last minute goals show that.. they go a goal down we might as well just pack up and stop the game as everyone knows exactly what’s going to happen for the rest of the game 

Six times this season we’ve came from behind to get something from the game. And four of those were victories after conceding first. I don’t think our players are gutless, they just simply aren’t very good.

• Like 1

Well, as I said at the time on the match day thread, I can't remember being as angry with a City team as I was when that second soft corner went in last night.  Schoolboy defending.     

What is so annoying is that they are capable of better.   It's as if they can't be bothered and it feels like the end of last season all over again.

• Like 2

What a bunch of happy clappers we have as supporters happy with any old shit served up , we got kids playing who are not championship quality ,attacking midfielders at wing back, left backs at right backs  30 million pound strikers sat in stand every week even though we can’t score , semenyo who’s only scored 6 in 3 years can’t trap a bag of cement , Massengo who fans piss their pants about who has no direction at all headless chicken ( I assign and no goals ) in 3 seasons but this isn’t a bad team :laugh: carry on u idiots oh not to forget our injury prone midfielders who aren’t worth a mention but I will james , king and Williams worth sweet FA 

Edited by Magger1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, robin for life said:

You clearly don't remember the strike force of Andy Smith and Phil Jevons. Have they scored a goal yet?

Belinda Carlisle wrote a song about Phil

Ooh Gary do you know what Phil's worth?

Ooh Jevons scores a brace on turf

We say that Jevons must start first 

Ooh Jevons scores a brace on turf

It was number one in Lapland for 16 weeks apparently.

34 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

What a bunch of happy clappers we have as supporters happy with any old shit served up , we got kids playing who are not championship quality ,attacking midfielders at wing back, left backs at right backs  30 million pound strikers sat in stand every week even though we can’t score , semenyo who’s only scored 6 in 3 years can’t trap a bag of cement , Massengo who fans piss their pants about who has no direction at all headless chicken ( I assign and no goals ) in 3 seasons but this isn’t a bad team :laugh: carry on u idiots oh not to forget our injury prone midfielders who aren’t worth a mention but I will james , king and Williams worth sweet FA 

I’m sensing you’re not the happiest bunny in the hutch at the moment?

45 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

1. Posters are disagreeing with the statement "worst team in 40 years" 

2. By doing so, no-one's saying they're happy 

3. No-one's saying we're any good, most rational supporters understand why we're 18th

4. I don't disagree with some of your points but most of the negatives you list are not of Pearson's making

5. Yes progress is slow but anyone with a brain can work out this summer will be the manager's opportunity to straighten us out

6. In doing so, he might have to sell some of those youngsters you clearly don't rate - so happy days for you, eh?

7. In the meantime, enjoy the bed wetting     

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Bedred31 said:

Post Covid finances have propelled the team backwards- arguably our league position has taken less of a hit than the squad. Which is, I guess, an achievement of sorts. But I agree that it doesn’t feel like it.

Didn't every team experience the Covid restrictions? You could argue the Welsh teams were affected more due to having more matches with no crowd.

Whatever we have got wrong, and there are numerous things, it's not down to Covid on its own.

4 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

Sorry 30 thousand :laugh: I wish 

Come on wells 30 grand a week sat in stand , you don’t pay someone that sort of money and don’t play him you don’t command those wages if your shite and what does that do for the players on 12 grand a week playing every week ? And who sanctioned it , I personally have not seen a team in those 40 years that couldn’t string back to back wins or throw away points so regular in the last 10 minutes of matches on regular basis but if you all happy , happy days NP ain’t going to sort this out as we cannot spend anything in summer , point deduction a possibility not looking great is it , as someone said youngsters may leave but I think paper talk gets in your heads , I personally don’t see many teams taking a punt and that’s all I think it will be none of these so called super stars can hold down a place in a struggling side and if u can’t look good in this team well , end off 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grifty said:

I do like the fact that some drunk idiot comes on here claiming this is the worst team in 40 years, only for almost every poster after to name a team that is significantly worse!

Shows how bad we are in general!

I must admit mate I should read before post , I do sound drunk but it boils your piss don’t it 

• Like 1