IGNORED

The MMA Thread

KegCity

Apologies in advance as this isn't technically boxing but it's a combat sport and there's no MMA thread as far as I'm aware...

The UFC is coming to London this Saturday. If anyone's got BT Sport and hasn't properly watched MMA before I'd really recommend giving it a watch. Prelims start at 6 and Main Card at 8. The bill is absolutely stacked from top to bottom, the best British fighters from a variety of disciplines going at it in the O2. I'll be there and I can't wait. Really recommend watching Paul Craig and Jack Shore, one of the best submission artists about and someone who will probably get the Bantamweight belt respectively. If you're interested, there's a great preview below and apologies to any boxing purists I may upset by sullying this thread with MMA.

• Like 1

On 16/03/2022 at 09:13, KegCity said:

Apologies in advance as this isn't technically boxing but it's a combat sport and there's no MMA thread as far as I'm aware...

The UFC is coming to London this Saturday. If anyone's got BT Sport and hasn't properly watched MMA before I'd really recommend giving it a watch. Prelims start at 6 and Main Card at 8. The bill is absolutely stacked from top to bottom, the best British fighters from a variety of disciplines going at it in the O2. I'll be there and I can't wait. Really recommend watching Paul Craig and Jack Shore, one of the best submission artists about and someone who will probably get the Bantamweight belt respectively. If you're interested, there's a great preview below and apologies to any boxing purists I may upset by sullying this thread with MMA.

I'm very much a casual where the UFC is concerned. I've watched all the big events for the last few years and know the fighters on the card this Saturday, but I claim no massive understanding of MMA.

As I said in the now vanished comments on the other thread, though- I know enough to guarantee that Allen Hooker is going to be a banger!

It's going to be absolutely rocking in the O2 tomorrow for sure. Great to get a very decent card at such a reasonable hour.

2 hours ago, Stortz said:

Wow. Fair play Molly.

Her mentality during the whole build up was top notch. Absolutely battered her opponent in her last fight, won a new contract and gone and put that display on.

She’ll go on a tear now. Won’t touch gold but should sit at the bottom of the top 10.

One of the best cards in a while tonight. Can’t call Volk and Holloway, can see it going the distance either way but fancy Volk. Can’t see past Izzy as usual, but who knows what Cannonier could bring power wise given the natural size difference. Can’t wait