IGNORED

Stoke away/Payment System

Riaz

Just tried to purchase tickets for stoke away and it would not work.

Rang up and the club said theres an issue with their payment system - they cant take any 2 step authorisation ?‍♂️

So i dont think anyone can buy tickets at the moment. Ridiculous.

• Like 1

I went to buy online and was met with an error message saying they’ll decline any transaction with Visa or Mastercard as they are updating the authentication of their payment system. I then called Supporter Services and was 12th in the queue. Finally got through after 25 minutes then was told they couldn’t process it because they’re having issues with cards belonging to Halifax and Lloyds. Managed to sort it online in the end using a friends card not linked to Halifax or Lloyds. Absolute piss take. 

45 minutes ago, GeoTheCiderHead said:

I went to buy online and was met with an error message saying they’ll decline any transaction with Visa or Mastercard as they are updating the authentication of their payment system. I then called Supporter Services and was 12th in the queue. Finally got through after 25 minutes then was told they couldn’t process it because they’re having issues with cards belonging to Halifax and Lloyds. Managed to sort it online in the end using a friends card not linked to Halifax or Lloyds. Absolute piss take. 

I've had the same issue ....

Easier to give it a sidestep but my grandson won't be happy...

• Like 1

If any of you would like Stoke tickets reserved which you could collect and pay via chip and pin at the ticket office when you come down to the Peterborough game drop me an email slo@bcfc.co.uk 

Appreciate how frustrating it is for supporters when they can't buy I know colleagues in the finance teams throughout the Bristol Sport Group are in constant conversations with Worldpay about the problem and we have been told that the issue will be rectified in time for Monday.  Only time will tell.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, JerrySLO said:

If any of you would like Stoke tickets reserved which you could collect and pay via chip and pin at the ticket office when you come down to the Peterborough game drop me an email slo@bcfc.co.uk 

Appreciate how frustrating it is for supporters when they can't buy I know colleagues in the finance teams throughout the Bristol Sport Group are in constant conversations with Worldpay about the problem and we have been told that the issue will be rectified in time for Monday.  Only time will tell.

Jerry - I know this won’t be your domain, but PSD2 / SCA (Strong Customer Authentication / 2-Factor Authentication) is primarily for “Online purchases”.  If someone phones up, that is exempt (MOTO - mobile orders / telephony orders).  Are you taking a phone call and then processing as an online txn?  You shouldn’t, Worldpay should know that it is MOTO and not require SCA!

The Yespay platform is a disaster @Davefevs and good luck to City in getting an answer from Worldpay about it, I've told them multiple times for years, even had acknowledgement (no fixes).

As you say this issue is new but if people are desperate to go to Stoke just buy one or two tickets at a time - assuming you're not done too many "low value" purchases since your last authentication, they will all go through without need to authenticate.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Olé said:

The Yespay platform is a disaster @Davefevs and good luck to City in getting an answer from Worldpay about it, I've told them multiple times for years, even had acknowledgement (no fixes).

As you say this issue is new but if people are desperate to go to Stoke just buy one or two tickets at a time - assuming you're not done too many "low value" purchases since your last authentication, they will all go through without need to authenticate.

£30 low value exemption….unless your bank’s fraud rates are crap!!!!

23 minutes ago, Olé said:

Will give that a go!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Riaz said:

Is it defo £30? Cos that’s 5 transactions I’ll have to make ??‍♂️

image.thumb.png.56987861d226be5ddf721fa9a4a7c3ed.png
From Visa’s website. Pg8.

https://www.visa.co.uk/dam/VCOM/regional/ve/unitedkingdom/PDF/visa-preparing-for-psd2-sca-publication-version-1-1-05-12-18-002-final.pdf

If you’ve got more than one card, eg, debit and credit, I’d spread them across each.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

still cant believe that the clubshop or ticket office dont sell tickets anymore ....so much simpler back then....if you didnt have a ticket you went down the ground sometime during the opening hours no problems at all back then

That’s one way of looking at things.  I quite like not having to take time off work, not queuing, etc, etc.  ???

• Hmmm 1