IGNORED

saturdays ref for Bournmouth game

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Wasn't that the game where he was the only person in the ground that didn't think we should have had a penalty?

Yep, blatant one on Scott.

Also missed Lyle Taylor’s clear handball in scoring the winner.

Shite ref, no worse than plenty of others though.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Yep, blatant one on Scott.

Also missed Lyle Taylor’s clear handball in scoring the winner.

Shite ref, no worse than plenty of others though.

In fairness Scott goes down so easily it's going to go against him at times.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Super said:

It's not every time, The crowd laugh at times with how soft the free kicks are. That was a pen the one against Forest though.

I meant from the perspective of penalties, he should have had one v QPR, too.

I agree that he goes to ground too easily on occasion but our penalty record isn’t simply explained by this.

28 minutes ago, RobintheRed Red said:

Probably right but we need to get in their penalty boxs 

21 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Bit of a myth this. You don't score as many as us this season without spending some time in the oppositions box! 

I’m not sure what we’re doing wrong but when I saw that table that put us bottom of all the professional clubs in Europe for penalties awarded it’s a bit of a shocker.

In our home game against them we were given a bit of a footballing lesson, so we could do with a change of luck on Saturday.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

Stephen Martin from Staffordshire

28 games 86 yellows and four reds

Only done us once this season 2-1 home defeat against Nottingham Forest

Reffed at B'mouth  in August when Blackpool drew 2-2. So when Mr Martin officiates, the visiting team score twice! ?

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

I’m not sure what we’re doing wrong but when I saw that table that put us bottom of all the professional clubs in Europe for penalties awarded it’s a bit of a shocker.

In our home game against them we were given a bit of a footballing lesson, so we could do with a change of luck on Saturday.

:laugh: perhaps we dont fall down like the rest of them .

7 hours ago, maxjak said:

Doesn't really matter who the ref is?  We gonna lose anyway?....................And before anyone accuses me of defeatism?.............I' m just a realist.

No you're a defeatist because you said we would lose anyway which is as close as you can get to the definition of a defeatist.

12 hours ago, The Bard said:

No you're a defeatist because you said we would lose anyway which is as close as you can get to the definition of a defeatist.

The Defintion of defeatism, is the Resignation to the prospect of defeat..........."Prospect"  being the operative word? .   I know that we will probably lose, but any other result will be a cause for delirium and happiness on my part.  So as a Pragmatist,  i am prepared for defeat, but as a long standing City supporter, I know that any result is possible in the Crazy Pheckin Championship...Ha!  

57 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Thought he reffed it pretty well, but…

…missed the penalty on his namesake following foul by Kelly.

He’s one of the better ones imho…low bar though.

Didn’t fall for Bournemouth’s histrionics, every time Solanke got tackled or dispossessed he hits the deck with his hand in the air. Other than the Pen he was ok, the linesman on that end of the pitch was ******* awful though, Solanke looked offside for his goal, and he would have had an excellent view of the Pen incident.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Thought he reffed it pretty well, but…

…missed the penalty on his namesake following foul by Kelly.

He’s one of the better ones imho…low bar though.

Agree Dave. It wasn’t the trickiest game to ref, but I thought he got most things right, and was fairly inconspicuous, always a good sign.

Hard to tell about the penalty shout from our view, and I’ve not seen a replay. What I would say though is that Martin headed into the box looking like he was losing the initiative and would settle for a pen!