IGNORED

Warnock Retires

Super

As others have said Warnock has certainly been a real character who wore his heart on his sleeve too often which must have cost him thousands in fines.

He’d make an interesting pundit with his vast experience in the game as a player and a manager. I daresay he’ll get offers from various broadcasters. 

Good luck to him.

• Like 8

Heard him on soccer Saturday. He is going to do after dinner speaking. Said that he had bookings for Cardiff & Sheffield. Then said really I should be doing places like Bristol. I think he really enjoyed his rivalry with us. Happy retirement to him, in my opinion one of footballs great characters, far too few of them around these days.

• Like 14

11 minutes ago, Robbored said:

As others have said Warnock has certainly been a real character who wore his heart on his sleeve too often which must have cost him thousands in fines.

He’d make an interesting pundit with his vast experience in the game as a player and a manager. I daresay he’ll get offers from various broadcasters. 

Good luck to him.

I think you are right that he could be an interesting commentator.He is also definitely a character. However the negativaty of some of his teams,blatant cheating and repeatedly getting away with it,and sometimes shocking lack of class in defeat when he didn't get his way will always leave a sour taste with me.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Slacker said:

I think you are right that he could be an interesting commentator.He is also definitely a character. However the negativaty of some of his teams,blatant cheating and repeatedly getting away with it,and sometimes shocking lack of class in defeat when he didn't get his way will always leave a sour taste with me.

The only time that bothered me was when we were playing one of his teams……….…..:facepalm:

I used to find his post match rants about the officials really amusing and at the same time glad that he wasn’t managing us.

• Like 2

Derby next year in League 1 where he can sign all the old bruisers he wants.

Seriously, I hope he means it this time - it can`t be doing his health any good these days and, I don`t know if he`s ever mentioned it, but he`s 73 you know. 

I saw him last week sitting on the quay in Looe in the sunshine looking contemplative so now I know why.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Heard him on soccer Saturday. He is going to do after dinner speaking. Said that he had bookings for Cardiff & Sheffield. Then said really I should be doing places like Bristol. I think he really enjoyed his rivalry with us. Happy retirement to him, in my opinion one of footballs great characters, far too few of them around these days.

I would def go if its in Bristol

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

I honestly believe that he wanted to manage us at some stage in his career and that he loved coming to Ashton Gate. Great character in the game and love him or loathe him he will be sorely missed. Affectionately known in our house as “the eyebrowless one”
have seen the Cardiff /,wolves game on Sky recently from a couple of years ago when he kept telling Nuno to fark off after the final whistle as Nuno followed him around to shake hands?

Edited by Wealwayseatcheese
  • Like 3

Warnock was brilliant. People forever slagging him off over his antics and often accusing him as a "Bad Sportsman"

but i'll tell you what.He has worn that tracksuit, with that clubs crest on his chest at every club he's managed. The man cares

I'll miss him and i'd have loved to have seen him with us because he was a determined winner

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I've always liked him. His book is worth a read, shows that he's a good man.

Lots of his persona is to deflect attention from his players, and he's very good at it. 

Said on radio this morning that he used to try and wind our fans up as he loved the banter and stick he got

Football will be a worse place without him IMHO

• Like 3