IGNORED

Where do we go from here

Topper 123

STEPHEN LANSDOWN what are you going to do to get people to buy season tickets - you’ve got a manager who’s happy to stand on touch line showing NO PASSION drinking coffee and a group of players who would struggle in league 1 , that was proven today against bottom of the league who played last 30 minutes with 10 men and the manager tactically changed nothing .Next season we will face relegation and we’re being told there’s no money available to strengthen this rabble of a team , when you look back to great nights like play offs v Crystal Palace and where they are and where we are it’s all a bit embarrassing and sad .So MR LANSDOWN either one of you , if your still there because we haven’t seen or heard anything from you both WHAT is happening to our club -silence speaks volumes 

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, Magger1 said:

STEPHEN LANSDOWN what are you going to do to get people to buy season tickets - you’ve got a manager who’s happy to stand on touch line showing NO PASSION drinking coffee and a group of players who would struggle in league 1 , that was proven today against bottom of the league who played last 30 minutes with 10 men and the manager tactically changed nothing .Next season we will face relegation and we’re being told there’s no money available to strengthen this rabble of a team , when you look back to great nights like play offs v Crystal Palace and where they are and where we are it’s all a bit embarrassing and sad .So MR LANSDOWN either one of you , if your still there because we haven’t seen or heard anything from you both WHAT is happening to our club -silence speaks volumes 

Steve has just released a statement. It reads as follows:

"It's my club and I'll do what I like. Get your season tickets now while stocks last."

• Like 2
  • Haha 14
  • Sad 1

Just now, Tafkarmlf said:

Nowt to do with the owner

Appreciate the sentiment 

Basics on pitch would be a start. 

That's what many are calling for. It shouldn't be this difficult 

It’s everything to do with the owner . He allowed Johnson and Ashton to piss this club to pieces . The problem is the lansdowns and will continue to be , we had loads of decent applicants after Johnson was sacked but after talking with the lansdowns none of them wanted anything to do with us .

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

Today was really poor but thinking the answer is PASSION is embarrassing.

We really are in a poor place, we were outplayed first half but the bottom team & although there was an improvement second half it looked like a League One game.

This summer is going to be tough but at the moment I’m just pleased I only have to watch 2 more games.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

It’s got everything to do with the owner. Look beyond the 90 minutes on the pitch and you realise that we are a total mess……HIS club remember.

Yepp, that's the biggest frustration for me. The club as a whole is in a dreadful state.

Unfortunately, I don't see this being resolved quickly. We spent years getting into this mess, and it'll likely take us years to get out of it - regardless of who the manager is.

9 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

Always found this a strange criticism of managers. Realistically, what's he supposed to do other than "stand on the touchline"? Run onto the pitch and join in?

• Like 9

I never like this Bristol Sport nonsense and ive never liked the Rugby wedged in with us.Or even poxy basketball.

"Ooh he's built us a stadium". No he built a stadium for us to use..along with his Egg chasing lot.

I still maintain if we had an owner that concentrated fully on football, with a Chairman that is what he is supposed to be, we'd be in a better place. Very much doubt it would be Premier League but a lot better than the Bollocks we are getting now.

• Like 11

7 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Perhaps coach them so they play better against 10 players?

Should Pearson request that the ref stops the game so that he can deliver a 20 minute training session before continuing with the match?

Choosing to criticise the manager for "just standing on the touchline" during the game is just strange. There are many problems at our club right now - how animated our manager is during the match isn't in the top 100.

Ironically, when Pearson sat in the stand to actively try to get an alternative view of the match, he was heavily criticised for that too.

• Like 7
  • Flames 1

45 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Today was really poor but thinking the answer is PASSION is embarrassing.

We really are in a poor place, we were outplayed first half but the bottom team & although there was an improvement second half it looked like a League One game.

This summer is going to be tough but at the moment I’m just pleased I only have to watch 2 more games.

All well & good but what happens next season?  As it stands it looks like we’re in for more of the same.

What a delightful prospect.

• Like 1

I was really excited by Pearson's appointment, but have increasingly become concerned by his apparent (lack of)  tactical nous. For the time being, I'm still in the 'keep him' camp because I can see that even though, in my view, he  has been underperforming with regard to results, he has been doing some positive stuff (promoting youth, clearing deadwood, etc.) under difficult circumstances that will benefit us in the long run. However, although I'm not yet ready to join the bedwetters calling for him to be sacked, I am becoming increasingly sceptical.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Respect where you are, disagree, unless he's actually picking and training the first XI

In that case would be in total agreement. 

He’s the one constant in nearly 20 years of absolute failure, with high points of bottling a play off final, beating Man United and winning a league we should have never dropped down to in the first place.

If I was Steve I’d be embarrassed that that’s all I had to show for constantly shovelling money into the club.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Still doesn't pick the team nor the tactics though. 

If he did, right with you 

And? He hires the person who does make those decisions, provides the funding for those players and sets standards. By your logic only the manager is ever responsible for anything happening at the football club. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Billionaire will have got something right at some point. 

Cant blame someone else for managers messing up.. 

Has absolutely no relevance to his ability to run a football club, as shown in his inability to achieve anything whilst owning a football club.

• Like 4

League One. Barring a miracle, realistically with no money to spend, a clear out of personnel required and just putting in the under-23’s along with a possible 12 point deduction I think that next season will be our last in the Championship and it doesn’t matter how many managers are sacked during the season. Our squad is relegation fodder….sadly.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, KegCity said:

Has absolutely no relevance to his ability to run a football club, as shown in his inability to achieve anything whilst owning a football club.

I think most people can see that Mr Lansdown is the problem. 25 years of huge underachievement  tells the story. A succession of 3rd rate managers, with the odd gem thrown in (Cotts & Gj) then dispensed of on a whim, lays it bare. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 2

1 hour ago, Magger1 said:

you’ve got a manager who’s happy to stand on touch line showing NO PASSION drinking coffee 

Alf Ramsey didn’t show any passion when managing England, but it didn’t stop him winning the World Cup. Here, everyone is going ballistic, but he’s just sitting on the bench 

A2EB156C-175A-4A60-8A02-BA7EFE49006A.jpeg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, David Brent said:

Playing against 10 men doesn’t entitle you to a win. From where I was sat they looked like they were trying. 

It’s never easy playing against 10 men for sure. Many times I’ve seen it happen at all levels but what was frustrating was City's lack of fluidity particularly the first 45. Scott was in the pocket of their full back Burrows all game. I don’t remember him getting past Burrows at all. Dasilva had the worst game that I can remember, kept  losing the ball and consequently rarely found a team mate.

The second 45 was marginally better but yet again piss poor defending cost us two points.

The booing at final whistle was expected and even when the players went to singing section to applaud them it never stopped.

Nige was spot on post match when he said we can’t wait until the end of the season.

• Like 3