IGNORED

Fulham v Luton

Lanterne Rouge

3 hours ago, The Gasbuster said:

Notts to beat Bournemouth tomorrow; then Bournemouth to bottle it in the play offs.

With all due respect mate - Notts Forest doesn’t exist and Nottm County doesn’t exist - it’s Notts County and Nottingham Forest - I know people don’t really care about that differentiation but having spent a huge part of my working life in Nottingham I can assure you that those guys n gals care, and they care big time - the rivalry may not be as openly acknowledged in the media as other more high profile and aggressive ones are, but it is certainly there - and they both hate the misuse of ‘Notts’ - especially as it’s so easy to get right - Notts County represent the county of Nottinghamshire and Nottingham Forest represent the city of Nottingham - easy!

• Like 1

Oh FFS ! talk about a whoosh moment ! Thanks  for the chapter and verse reply !

II know damn well that they don’t like being called Notts; that’s why I do it !

Forest fans are amongst the worst sets of fans known for callling us “Bristol”, and refuse to change.

I therefore will continue to call them “Notts” whether you or they liked it or not !

OK ?

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Brilliant - cheers AIS - I hate the ‘modern’ records that forget history - like when Jamie Vardy scored in a fair few consecutive games in the premier league not so long ago - the pathetic media etc spouted about this ‘amazing’ achievement non stop - conveniently forgetting a striker for Sheffield Utd scored in more consecutive games in the top tier of English football about 90 years before - what are they scared of?!

Like the debacle of tearing down the Edward Colston statue, you can’t rewrite history ...

Comment liked if I ignore the last sentence!  Pulling it down is now also part of history but probably best not to get into that on this thread!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

With all due respect mate - Notts Forest doesn’t exist and Nottm County doesn’t exist - it’s Notts County and Nottingham Forest - I know people don’t really care about that differentiation but having spent a huge part of my working life in Nottingham I can assure you that those guys n gals care, and they care big time - the rivalry may not be as openly acknowledged in the media as other more high profile and aggressive ones are, but it is certainly there - and they both hate the misuse of ‘Notts’ - especially as it’s so easy to get right - Notts County represent the county of Nottinghamshire and Nottingham Forest represent the city of Nottingham - easy!

I know damn well that they don’t like being called Notts; that’s why I do it !

Forest fans are amongst the worst sets of fans known for calling us “Bristol”, which is something that bothers me (and some others).

I therefore will continue to call them “Notts” whether you or they like it or not !

OK ?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, The Gasbuster said:

I know damn well that they don’t like being called Notts; that’s why I do it !

Forest fans are amongst the worst sets of fans known for calling us “Bristol”, which is something that bothers me (and some others).

I therefore will continue to call them “Notts” whether you or they like it or not !

That irritates most of us! The fans of both Sheffield clubs are the same.

8 hours ago, The Gasbuster said:

II know damn well that they don’t like being called Notts; that’s why I do it !

Forest fans are amongst the worst sets of fans known for callling us “Bristol”, and refuse to change.

I therefore will continue to call them “Notts” whether you or they liked it or not !

OK ?

How strange - but fair enough although I’m not sure how you will annoy any Forest fans by calling them Notts on here ... and I don’t think it was a ‘whoosh’ moment because plenty of posters on here call them Notts Forest - obviously in error rather than trying to annoy Forest fans ... it’s a common misconception throughout football

Edited by BS4 on Tour...

17 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

We don't hear "Sheffield" very often though, when people speak of either Sheffield club. Same with Manchester.

To me, it seems to be only us / the fewers

It’s because people know the two clubs from those Cities. It annoys me, but the comments always are well I don’t know Bristol Rovers (from people who support Prem teams). Fair point, but still annoying. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, And Its Smith said:

Not sure of the relevance really.  His goals have taken Fulham up twice so for a £22m outlay he has greatly assisted £250-300m coming into the club. 

The relevance is, how much he cost, how much his wages are, and how could any other championship club afford him without regular parachute payments.

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

But what is the relevance of that to what I posted originally ?

You're right actually, it's not particularly relevant to your post. I guess I was posting about Mitrovic being too good and very expensive for this division, and I can't get enthused about him scoring loads of goals in it! 

It'll be interesting to see if he's able to up his game for the Prem, unlike last time.

17 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well put -  this winds me up, and I don't like either team!

• Flames 1