IGNORED

The Semenyo Thread - Now a Bournemouth Player. Deal Confirmed

5 hours ago, KegCity said:

Wouldn’t have thought so unless it affects them financially. Danjuma will walk into their starting XI whilst Semenyo wouldn’t be a first choice player.

Idk Danjuma a similar player who can play across all the attacking positions like Semenyo. With this they would be in the 70-80m range spent this window. I get the impression Danjuma would be more of a top target for them while Semenyo may be an option further down their list. Just my view from afar. 

From today's Guardian:

West Ham are stepping up efforts to sign Jesse Lingard after their move for Villarreal’s Arnaut Danjuma ran into difficulties.

The club have held talks with Villarreal about Danjuma, with €40m (£34.5m) plus add-ons potentially enough to land the Dutch winger, but the deal is now in doubt. West Ham have not agreed personal terms with the 25-year-old and various complications mean they are ready to move on to other attacking targets.

15 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Idk Danjuma a similar player who can play across all the attacking positions like Semenyo. With this they would be in the 70-80m range spent this window. I get the impression Danjuma would be more of a top target for them while Semenyo may be an option further down their list. Just my view from afar. 

Yes, so it might affect them financially but from a footballing perspective it doesn't matter.

I don't think it'll happen at the fee we'll be demanding.

• Like 1

From a West Ham / David Moyes / Rob Newman perspective signing Semenyo for circa £20 million, would, imo, be a massive gamble that could ultimately cost them their jobs. West Ham fans were pi**ed off with the lack of activity in the January window. I can't see it going down too well if they splash a large portion of their transfer budget on a (possible) 4th choice striker behind Bowen, Antonio, Danjuma (or a n other international striker). Moyes likes shopping in the Championship but can't see the fans being too happy with that now that they have had a taste of Europe.

Maybe January if they still need goals, which was their main problem last season when Antonio was out.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

From a West Ham / David Moyes / Rob Newman perspective signing Semenyo for circa £20 million, would, imo, be a massive gamble that could ultimately cost them their jobs. West Ham fans were pi**ed off with the lack of activity in the January window. I can't see it going down too well if they splash a large portion of their transfer budget on a (possible) 4th choice striker behind Bowen, Antonio, Danjuma (or a n other international striker). Moyes likes shopping in the Championship but can't see the fans being too happy with that now that they have had a taste of Europe.

Maybe January if they still need goals, which was their main problem last season when Antonio was out.

It’s a gamble they’ve been willing to take before with Bowen and Benrahma. Just depends on how it would impact their other transfer plans.

Forest have already added a striker from Union Berlin, so my hunch is that if Antoine was to leave this window for The Prem it would be to one of the 2 other promoted sides, Bournemouth or Fulham.

Obviously brave to sign someone recovering from injury but they seem the right profile to me.

53 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Forest have already added a striker from Union Berlin, so my hunch is that if Antoine was to leave this window for The Prem it would be to one of the 2 other promoted sides, Bournemouth or Fulham.

Obviously brave to sign someone recovering from injury but they seem the right profile to me.

Broke their transfer record to sign him, and I think the total value of the deal was around £18m.

They also want Gibbs-white (Wolves) and Williams (Liverpool). Rumoured to be around £15m-£20m each. 

So I can't see them paying our asking price for Semenyo as they have other higher priority positions. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

Is it more or less of a gamble then the signing of bowen from Hull or Cresswell many moons ago, or even cash from forest,

West ham have a documented history if these sort of signings 

29 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Probably among the promotion favourites and have the Spence money to spend, can see why they would chance their arm

Exactly this. £12m from Spurs for Spence and they could probably offer that straight away…. Maybe more. It wouldn't be a derisory offer…. But you’d hope we’d say no. 
The point about them being promotion contenders is well made. We aren’t likely to be. 

Edited by Mendip City

1 hour ago, Mendip City said:

Exactly this. £12m from Spurs for Spence and they could probably offer that straight away…. Maybe more. It wouldn't be a derisory offer…. But you’d hope we’d say no. 
The point about them being promotion contenders is well made. We aren’t likely to be. 

IT may not be derisory?  But 12m is not realistic.........  personally i believe Antoine's next move will eventually be the Prem, not for a while hopefully?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Premiership I can handle. A team in our own league will be a kick in the coconuts. 

All depends on how desperate we are for money…. £12-15m with another £5m+ if they get promoted starts to get close….

By the way, I hope he stays as I think he’s our most important player - but who knows how much cash we need (zero fees so far this summer) or how keen he might be to get to the prem with a team who are more likely to knock on the door than we are? 

6 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

All depends on how desperate we are for money…. £12-15m with another £5m+ if they get promoted starts to get close….

By the way, I hope he stays as I think he’s our most important player - but who knows how much cash we need (zero fees so far this summer) or how keen he might be to get to the prem with a team who are more likely to knock on the door than we are? 

I agree with this, I don't want to lose him but is actually a move I could see happening

Have no idea if the player would be interested at all but think this is much more likely than other teams linked such as West Ham

1 minute ago, Mendip City said:

Totally get that MC and agree. But going from what our Nige said. We have our own aspirations and don’t want to lose our best players. He said it will take a lot of money to get him and wouldn’t stand in his way if a premiership club come calling. If AS is in his last year of his contract I could see us selling to a championship side. 

Of course it isn’t down to Nige and we are not doing well financially, but IMO in more ways than one if we sold him to Middlesbrough it would speak volumes about us

26 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Totally get that MC and agree. But going from what our Nige said. We have our own aspirations and don’t want to lose our best players. He said it will take a lot of money to get him and wouldn’t stand in his way if a premiership club come calling. If AS is in his last year of his contract I could see us selling to a championship side. 

Of course it isn’t down to Nige and we are not doing well financially, but IMO in more ways than one if we sold him to Middlesbrough it would speak volumes about us

Completely get all of that and I hope that’s how things pan out. Nige has to say that but I’d be a little concerned that the club may have planned to cash in on at least one of our assets (I really hope not) this summer… to nudge the accounts back into a bette state. 

Your final point is spot on, it would say everything about where we are should AS be sold to a Champ club and maybe about how willing Boro would be to gamble on promotion.  

Bottom line - I don’t reckon it’s likely and don’t want it to happen! 

• Robin 1

1 minute ago, robin for life said:

All depends on the offer, and lets not forget, he's just had an injury. If it was 10-14m and add ons, I would not be surprised to see him sold. 

He'll never go for as low as 10m, if it was this time next summer then maybe (as he'll only have a year left I think)

4 minutes ago, Mendip City said:

Completely get all of that and I hope that’s how things pan out. Nige has to say that but I’d be a little concerned that the club may have planned to cash in on at least one of our assets (I really hope not) this summer… to nudge the accounts back into a bette state. 

Your final point is spot on, it would say everything about where we are should AS be sold to a Champ club and maybe about how willing Boro would be to gamble on promotion.  

Bottom line - I don’t reckon it’s likely and don’t want it to happen! 

I believe we are in a situation where we can avoid selling. That’s why we’ve taken the free transfer approach and offloaded O’Dowda and Palmer. When a few contracts are negotiated or potentially moved on because they won’t sign, then everything is sorted. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I just can’t see it appealing to him. Fulham, Palace, West Ham, Brentford or Bournemouth then of course but moving up north to Boro, not being on the type of wages he could command and all in the hope they get promoted? 
I think he’s destined for great things and those great things are much, much greater than Middlesbrough, at the moment.  

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I believe we are in a situation where we can avoid selling. That’s why we’ve taken the free transfer approach and offloaded O’Dowda and Palmer. When a few contracts are negotiated or potentially moved on because they won’t sign, then everything is sorted. 

That’s probably how it will play out but we’re vulnerable to any decent offer especially while a couple of big earners remain. IMO we could really do with getting Kalas off the wage bill. The fact there never seems any interest in him makes me wonder just how much we are paying him! Or he’s just determined to see out his deal…. 
anyway it’s all academic as both Senenyo  and Kalas are injured, so highly unlikely to be going anywhere this side of January! 

Edited by Mendip City