IGNORED

The Semenyo Thread - Now a Bournemouth Player. Deal Confirmed

I was really looking forward to him push on with us once he was back from injury after such a great season last season but seeing as teams like Watford can't hold Onto Dennis , we chance do we have when we haven't even been the top 12 of recent seasons.

Then  we also have the problem of only being  a few injuries away from being to put a bench with quality depth on it.We need some more quality players ideally a experienced CM and RCB and of course another striker. We can't afford to turn down 12-15 million especially if you compare him to Dennis going to Forest for apparently around 20 million with a proven record who can score goals in the prem. 

I would be gutted to lose him but as Pearson has said we wont'stand in the way of players going to the premier league. Hopefully its just paper talk and just bored news reporters jumping on any rumor.

52 minutes ago, Matty C said:

Bournemouth Echo reporting that they are interested in Antoine.....He could move in with Lloyd Kelly down there https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/20656890.afc-bournemouth-reportedly-keen-bristol-city-forward-antoine-semenyo/

Lloyd Kelly told someone who posts on here that Bournemouth were interested in Antoine back in the summer.

Obviously with him being out of action there was little point in anyone signing him much before the window closes.

If so let’s hope it drives the price up, Palace would seem a far better move for his career to me, but the more Prem sides interested, the higher the end fee will be.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, OliOTIB said:

If we get 15, how much becomes available? 

Need at least 5 of that to buy a decent striker, i fear that lansdown will just put that in his back pocket.

3 hours ago, OliOTIB said:

Due to the current financial situation I was just questioning how much of the money would be spent on improving the squad and what percentage Lansdown would take out of it.

Not a daft post at all, just raising an opinion.

As several have already tried to explain, Steve Lansdown (Bless him) doesn't need nor want any of the AS fee should he go; not £5M, not £10M nor even, should we be so fortunate, £15M.

Every year, for the past few years, SL has pumped in a sum considerably in excess of any potential transfer fee the sale of AS might generate.

In addition, just in case you have forgotten, SL also financed the regeneration of Ashton Gate. 

Take a step back and reconsider the logic, or lack thereof, of your posts.

• Like 6

It's inevitable that we aren't going to hold on to Semenyo and he's destined for the PL, we just need to ensure we get top dollar for him.  Real shame because he's a player who gets you out of your seat and brings a dynamic to the team that other players in the squad simply can't......but that is of course the reason he's destined for greater things!

Hopefully he'll then thrive at that higher level and we'll get extra money through a decent sell on clause.  I think the last player we sold to Palace was Bolasie (?) so a good precedent if he ends up there.

34 minutes ago, DaveF said:

He isn't a striker, they score goals!

Every time I pass the mirror, I see the idiot who said that live on the radio. How wrong I was. (Yes, and about numerous other things too)

Then those 2 goals at Fulham. Wow!

The strength, speed, poise, and brilliant finishes. That lad is a star.

We desperately need him right now.

Anyone's for £50 million. Or you can Daniel Farke off.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Monkeh said:

If we got 12 million nige would get 2 mil max, as we have ffp to contend with,

And it looks like we may have a ready made replacement in Conway 

Tommy doesn't have Semenyo's power ( although that might yet come and if he bulks up a bit) but he certainly looks quick enough and has an eye for a goal.

I also think that at 20 Tommy is possibly a better player than was Semenyo at the same age, i.e. 2 years ago. At the same age Semenyo was very direct but often seemed to run into blind alleys and didn't seem so aware of teammates. E.g would a 20 year old Semennyo have played the ball that Tommy played on Saturday for Andi's goal? 

It could be that if Semnyo goes  that a run in the first team could be the making of Conway - as it was with Semenyo.

• Like 2

If Antoine does go…the biggest problem for me is that the finances are such a mess, that we haven’t been able to succession plan for this scenario properly (at all?).

That’s where other clubs get it right, Brentford for example.

It’s all well and good having targets lined up, but getting them over the line inside 2 weeks (less if this drags on) is not easy either.

But as big a miss as Antoine will be it’s not disastrous with options of Martin, Weimann, Wells and Conway.  I would rather we recruit a CB and a CM first.  Could get Michael Hector on a free…he’s probably as good as anyone who might come here for a fee.  I’m sure others will have other names too.

• Like 1

Whilst i dont want to see Semenyo go if Everton are interested and have offer the reported £15 i would let him go if we could get Ellis Simms on loan for the season (currently at Sunderland) he is just what we need pace power but not sure if he can be called back from blunderland 

Just now, westonred said:

Whilst i dont want to see Semenyo go if Everton are interested and have offer the reported £15 i would let him go if we could get Ellis Simms on loan for the season (currently at Sunderland) he is just what we need pace power but not sure if he can be called back from blunderland 

Even if he could be recalled, why do you think Everton would do it?

16 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Tommy doesn't have Semenyo's power ( although that might yet come and if he bulks up a bit) but he certainly looks quick enough and has an eye for a goal.

I also think that at 20 Tommy is possibly a better player than was Semenyo at the same age, i.e. 2 years ago. At the same age Semenyo was very direct but often seemed to run into blind alleys and didn't seem so aware of teammates. E.g would a 20 year old Semennyo have played the ball that Tommy played on Saturday for Andi's goal? 

It could be that if Semnyo goes  that a run in the first team could be the making of Conway - as it was with Semenyo.

Semenyo never had the academy background that TC has had from a really early age and it showed. The club persevered with him and its now paying dividends for him and the club.

As for TC, I've said from a couple of seasons ago that he will come good and this season may just be the season whereby other clubs may be interested in him. I hope he gets an extended run in the team, he will score and assist goals at this level no problem.

16 minutes ago, westonred said:

He can’t be recalled before January…and only if there is a recall clause inserted in the loan agreement.

3 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

There's no one at the club like Semenyo, that can hold the ball up with his back to goal (anywhere on the pitch) and turn players, with great upper body strength and quick feet. For a great example, watch his assist for Dasilva against Stoke.

Not that many players in general who can do that!

Two things here to take into consideration.

One, with regards to the fee, it's not just what you get with Semenyo now, it also what you get down the line, so you're also paying for the potential.

Two, if this does happen, let's ensure it's not at the last minute giving us no time to bring in any new players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

As several have already tried to explain, Steve Lansdown (Bless him) doesn't need nor want any of the AS fee should he go; not £5M, not £10M nor even, should we be so fortunate, £15M.

Every year, for the past few years, SL has pumped in a sum considerably in excess of any potential transfer fee the sale of AS might generate.

In addition, just in case you have forgotten, SL also financed the regeneration of Ashton Gate. 

Take a step back and reconsider the logic, or lack thereof, of your posts.

Why do you bother answering posts like that. Bloody nonsense about trousering money makes my blood boil. The guy has so much he can’t spend it. 

The only issue is how he’s spent the football sides money. The bloke once said my money my choice, fair enough, but the responsibility sits squarely with him for where we are as a side. 

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

Everyone is replaceable. We will sell. Any sale of Semenyo is as close to being pure profit as you can get. Brought on board for a song, on low wages, sold for £££. It'll be a huge success for the accounts.

We scored goals without him last season, and we're doing the same again this season. Yes he gives us a great attacking threat, yes he's different to our other squad members, but in my opinion he's not going to be the difference between relegation and survival.

I don't enjoy it when we sell our young exciting talent, but it's something we have to do.

• Like 3
  • Hmmm 1