IGNORED

The Semenyo Thread - Now a Bournemouth Player. Deal Confirmed

1 hour ago, johnheadbcfc said:

I'd imagine he would rather earn quadruple what he earns here 

I imagine the current contract offer we have been in talks about does that!!!

His current contract was signed in 2019. He will be on relative peanuts at the mo is my guess.

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

I don’t think Ghana is on his mind at all. What is he on 4-6k a week? Palace would be offering 30-40k a week I am sure. The difference annually is 200-300k to 1.5-2m. That would be first on anyone’s mind. He’ll be 26 next world cup if does not work out for him this year. 

My guess is he’s on less than this Joe - reasons ???

1 hour ago, UncleRed said:

Don’t think a prem move will hurt his chances of making the Ghana squad in my opinion. Plus I bet he will enjoy the big pay increase.

He will need to play though. Ghana have attracted a few more players to their squad in recent months. Competition for squad places has gone up since Antoine played in a summer game where sone of the big players were missing.

But it’s his decision to weigh up not mine. 

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

His current contract was signed in 2019. He will be on relative peanuts at the mo is my guess.

He will need to play though. Ghana have attracted a few more players to their squad in recent months. Competition for squad places has gone up since Antoine played in a summer game where sone of the big players were missing.

There is no way city would be able to compete with palace in wages !

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think a prem move will be at the top of his agenda, and the moneys a nice attraction, over playing for Ghana. These players care more for money now than they ever did

• Admin
24 minutes ago, UncleRed said:

I think a prem move will be at the top of his agenda, and the moneys a nice attraction, over playing for Ghana. These players care more for money now than they ever did

Ultimately we can all only give our opinion, only Antoine really knows what his current priority is

Don’t think a prem move will hurt his chances of making the Ghana squad in my opinion. Plus I bet he will enjoy the big pay increase.

Ghana representatives will already be keeping an eye on Palace, due to both Jordan Ayew and Jeffrey Schlupp. 

So you could argue he would be better suited there from an international perspective. 

He will get game time, Palace will not spend circa. £15m for him to not play. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, johnheadbcfc said:

There is no way city would be able to compete with palace in wages !

I was being a smart ass, e.g. he’s probably on something like £3k p.w at the mo’ (contract signed 2019)….so City could quadruple it (£12k p.w)….palace might quadruple it again though! ???

As most people do on most lines of work, it's hard to criticise and along as the club/ Semenyo are amicable he would go with our best wishes I would think

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I was being a smart ass, e.g. he’s probably on something like £3k p.w at the mo’ (contract signed 2019)….so City could quadruple it (£12k p.w)….palace might quadruple it again though! ???

We don't have to sell so could be playing for current 2019 wage for another 2 years, or could be given a new 4 year contract at your example of 4 times current wage or what ever brings him in line with the benchmark we want to now set for our top earners. Gets much better opportunity to start every week, carry on development and could still be sold on to the prem at a future date.

3 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

We don't have to sell so could be playing for current 2019 wage for another 2 years, or could be given a new 4 year contract at your example of 4 times current wage or what ever brings him in line with the benchmark we want to now set for our top earners. Gets much better opportunity to start every week, carry on development and could still be sold on to the prem at a future date.

Exactimundo SRA. ??