IGNORED

The Semenyo Thread - Now a Bournemouth Player. Deal Confirmed

What Pearson/Gregor/Gould says means nothing untill its all over. 

No manager will publicly come out saying someone can leave (unless they want them to) as clubs will make lower offers - hence the "£30 million" remark made by Pearson the other day was simply just him playing hardball with any potential suitors.

Semenyo like any player, will have a value the club will see as "acceptable" and if this is met by a club then he will be sold. Multi million pounds deals are done right up to the last hour, and i have no doubt City will be prepared for every eventuality

• Like 4

12 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Remember David Cotterill?  He had a great game on TV one night and was sold to Wigan (then a Premier League club) the following day. Tonight’s match wasn’t on TV but a lot of people must have seen Somenyo’s goal. Thought I’d just throw in a cheerful comment 

Great shout.  I said exactly the same to my son last night ten seconds after Semenyo’s goal went in…

1 hour ago, brad blit said:

What Pearson/Gregor/Gould says means nothing untill its all over. 

No manager will publicly come out saying someone can leave (unless they want them to) as clubs will make lower offers - hence the "£30 million" remark made by Pearson the other day was simply just him playing hardball with any potential suitors.

Semenyo like any player, will have a value the club will see as "acceptable" and if this is met by a club then he will be sold. Multi million pounds deals are done right up to the last hour, and i have no doubt City will be prepared for every eventuality

Beg to disagree.  NP has been totally open about transfer policy both in and out

13 hours ago, pongo88 said:

Remember David Cotterill?  He had a great game on TV one night and was sold to Wigan (then a Premier League club) the following day. Tonight’s match wasn’t on TV but a lot of people must have seen Somenyo’s goal. Thought I’d just throw in a cheerful comment 

I have a memory of being absolutely gutted waking up to the news he'd gone, was it a last minute confirmation?

Also not sure I recall him being THAT good to be gutted about it, but I was

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Everton are pushing for Brereton-Diaz today so that makes Semenyo leaving less likely, one less club IMO.

Plus think Brereton-Diaz is ahead of him in the striker pecking order so I'm not too worried about this window.

Good.  One less problem to worry about on Saturday.

14 hours ago, Ecko said:

Shut the bloody window now

Or at least pull the curtains.

37 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Would have thought Brereton-Diaz is the next cab off the rank.

Looks that way at the moment, didn't realise that Diaz had 15 caps for Chile.

Evertons bid for Pedro (Watford) fell well short, they've already signed Maupay but want another.

Fulham may go back in for him though and Celta Vigo were interested (don't think they can afford it).

Diaz may not be facing us on Saturday.

Edited by bcfc01

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

We have our price I expect and I doubt anyone will bid that price that late in the day so he stays.

I just wonder how desperate Bournemouth will get & whether they might have a player in mind (Jamal Lowe) to offer us on loan to enable the deal to go through.

• Like 1

It would take stupid money for us to offload him or Scott or other jewels in the crown so late in the day.

January is a new window, risk and opportunity (if we get fresh income) but we won't lose anyone important today.

On the flipside, January is also the big hope for any of Webster, Kelly and Brownhill going in terms of us benefiting this season.

5 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Bournemouth ?

Surely he can do better than that ?

They'll be back in the Championship next season.

2 minutes ago, Selred said:

So are we. The difference would be he'd have 1 year in the Prem prior. 

On the other hand, even if they do come down- if he did okay up there a PL club may come in for him in summer 2023.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Selred said:

So are we. The difference would be he'd have 1 year in the Prem prior. 

Nah, not having it.

Bournemouth will be a struggling team and down before the end of the season.

There will be much better clubs in for him imo.

Hopefully, not today.

5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Can’t believe we could afford his wages so more likely they are subsidised whilst he’s on loan, plus of course a very large fee.

We could afford his wages within FFP certainly, if we got a good fee for Semenyo, question is whether we would want to break any kind of wage structure to do so.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 2