IGNORED

The Semenyo Thread - Now a Bournemouth Player. Deal Confirmed

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

There is news on Brereton-Diaz but perhaps not as hoped...

Telegraph says he's staying at Blackburn, their asking price is £20m.

https://twitter.com/mcgrathmike/status/1565406345670582273?s=20&t=dT_dEBhzUd18nQ1XiWgV9Q

Hope that means they see a £20m dip into the Champ a bit too rich.

6 minutes ago, Denbury Red said:

Talk Sport have just reported Bournemouth are after Nathan Redmond from Southampton. So hopefully they are successful and that finished their interest in Semenyo!!

It's a bit late for them to be signing Semenyo now anyway. They needed him last weekend at Anfield as would likely have finished 9-9 then.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

55 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Credit to the club . Keeping our major talents and not bending over despite some strong FFP challenges . We may not have a squad with depth and coverage .  But we have got Antoine and Scott , the double AS . Worth the entrance fee alone . We should all be very very happy and support our squad to get into the top 6 . We are in it together . Stop moaning start supporting . The team is rolling forward and is getting better and better . 

I renewed my membership so I had unlimited reactions, as I had none left today to like this post. ?

(And to help keep our brilliant forum ad-free).

• Like 4

1 hour ago, slartibartfast said:

Perhaps nobody rates our youngsters as much as we do ?:fingerscrossed:

That is in cold cash terms, the nub of it. If rumours are to be believed, Blackburn rejected £12m for Diaz and us £10m for AS. At the £20m bandied around buyers feel they can do better.

Very happy ours are staying, but the issue down the road will be getting top dollar at the stage they want to move. Everything at the moment suggests they want to stay for now, which is great news.

Brereton-Diaz is a year further on remember, maybe worth comparing both at 21 into 22, both at 22 into 23 and so on.

He also got 20 in a season which automatically elevates him- not quite the same type of player, better availability than Semenyo and I'd be interested to know how many of his goals were penalties.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Brereton-Diaz is a year further on remember, maybe worth comparing both at 21 into 22, both at 22 into 23 and so on.

He also got 20 in a season which automatically elevates him- not quite the same type of player, better availability than Semenyo and I'd be interested to know how many of his goals were penalties.

Semenyo has a much higher ceiling than Brereton Diaz in my opinion

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

3 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Higher ceiling perhaps but some PL clubs will be looking at the short and medium term, and Brereton-Diaz is just higher up the pecking order atm it seems.

Checked, last season Brereton-Diaz scored 4 penalties in the League. 4/22 were penalties.

Think Blackburn got 6 or 7 in total in the League.

1 minute ago, cidercity1987 said:

And whilst we have other strikers none will be as good as we all believe Semenyo will be!  Great that it looks like we are keeping him!

If he keeps fit there is no telling how many goals he can score this season - and that maybe worth significantly more than £15 or even £20m!!

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Higher ceiling perhaps but some PL clubs will be looking at the short and medium term, and Brereton-Diaz is just higher up the pecking order atm it seems.

Checked, last season Brereton-Diaz scored 4 penalties in the League. 4/22 were penalties.

Think Blackburn got 6 or 7 in total in the League.

They'd be a lethal combo

1 minute ago, Denbury Red said:

And whilst we have other strikers none will be as good as we all believe Semenyo will be!  Great that it looks like we are keeping him!

If he keeps fit there is no telling how many goals he can score this season - and that maybe worth significantly more than £15 or even £20m!!

Absolutely. Anyone buying Semenyo is not just buying him at his current status, but also buying future potential and the way he has come on over the last 2 years is pretty frightening. The kid is an absolute beast and so strong and quick, it's scary how good he can be. If they had a speed gun on that shot against Huddersfield he'd have got 12 points on his Licence.

50 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Well I am surprised no one came in for Semenyo at a figure we would trade at. I thought he would be bargain £15m-£20m for a midtable Prem team like Palace.

Seems risky for us to keep him from an FFP perspective especially considering we have plenty of other decent strikers.

I’m supprised he hasn’t gone I assume without the recession he would have gone tonight 

• Confused 2

13 minutes ago, Logical-City said:

I’m supprised he hasn’t gone I assume without the recession he would have gone tonight 

PL clubs have spent £2bn and maybe more on transfers collectively this summer, don't quite get this post...

Sure I read it's a record expenditure too.

• Like 1

Do we have a chance to keep him all season ? If we go up do we have a chance to keep him next season ? 

May this season be the "one" ? That season when we go up despite no chances at the start ? Many teams did that with worse players than us today...Hull City in 2008, and Barsnley in playoff, Luton in playoffs..I mean the league is unpredictable. If we keep the good spirit, I may sound crazy but we can make it somehow. Some luck...some nice form and keeping the best players. This winter will be huge if we will be top 6.  

Semenyo will go 20+ for sure, I am sure wells will be 10 goals at least. We have one of the good attacking side in this League. With Kalas comming back and Atkinson growing same as Naismith with his crazy pases...we have a decent team.

Hope we can keep Semenyo and sell him for 30+ ...that will fix our financial aspects and make us build a better team next season.

• Like 1

He stayed, was retained as IMO was always likely.

January is another matter, post WC splurges on breakout stars are usually in the summer. This is a year like no other, but until then let's enjoy him and his talents. If he scores or is bright at the WC that'll increase both his exposure and his value.

January is January, let's just enjoy the excellent young talent he is right now.