IGNORED

The Semenyo Thread - Now a Bournemouth Player. Deal Confirmed

1 hour ago, Super said:

I have no idea who he is! His stats suggest that he isn't a goalscorer. I might be wrong.

He’s playing in a struggling side. He’s a wide man originally who’s seriously bulked up and now plays predominantly central and is a handful. Quick too.

6 in 18 starts, is reasonable enough  he’s the type of player we should be looking at in the market we are  

RoI International too, few goals for them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

He’s playing in a struggling side. He’s a wide man originally who’s seriously bulked up and now plays predominantly central and is a handful. Quick too.

6 in 18 starts, is reasonable enough  he’s the type of player we should be looking at in the market we are  

RoI International too, few goals for them. 

He will be if he comes here as well :) 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Burnley reportedly bid £2.5m.

Was rejected but what does that say if anything about Semenyo and a realistic asking price?

I doubt very much they are interested in a realistic price, at least to start. They will know we are close to FFP limits and could do with money to rebuild. I'd say this is chancing their arm and hoping we buckle. 

They have the money, they aren't in a hurry, they have time to test the water. Makes sense really.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I doubt very much they are interested in a realistic price, at least to start. They will know we are close to FFP limits and could do with money to rebuild. I'd say this is chancing their arm and hoping we buckle. 

They have the money, they aren't in a hurry, they have time to test the water. Makes sense really.

Yep. Similar to Forest being linked with him last January.

21 hours ago, WarksRobin said:

They’ve agreed personal terms already? Cheeky

Football has changed these days. 

Long gone are the days where a bid would be placed and then a player would go and discuss personal terms. 

These days the personal terms get agreed before the few even gets agreed. Now that could be with the selling clubs permission or it could be done in secret. But it's what happens now. The agents are heavily involved in making a transfer happen. 

45 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Football has changed these days. 

Long gone are the days where a bid would be placed and then a player would go and discuss personal terms. 

These days the personal terms get agreed before the few even gets agreed. Now that could be with the selling clubs permission or it could be done in secret. But it's what happens now. The agents are heavily involved in making a transfer happen. 

I don't think the player is even involved.  Player tells agent what he wants, agent goes to interested clubs with players demands, buying club agrees wage demands, agent comes back to player with agreed wages. Then buying club contacts selling club with bid. No tapping up. All conjecture mind!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Outstanding, that’s 3 in his last 3 & an assist, too.

They couldn’t cope with his pace at all, really very good today.

I think he is just more comfortable in wide areas at the minute. Sometimes felt like lack of effort but was it just lack of confidence and not really knowing his role? Excellent today knowing he’d only have a fullback to deal with for the most part. Think Pring overlapping helped a lot too. Very good from Semenyo today

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

Brilliant form!

Cant help but feel that Semenyo would be a perfect fit for Brentford.

His style of play almost combines the strengths of Toney and Mbuemo.

Gary O’Neil complaining that Muff don’t have goals in them. 

However Brentford would be a good club for him. Fulham have had long standing interest as well. Not sure going anywhere that he might get relegated is a good move. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Gary O’Neil complaining that Muff don’t have goals in them. 

However Brentford would be a good club for him. Fulham have had long standing interest as well. Not sure going anywhere that he might get relegated is a good move. 

Bournemouth haven’t scored a goal since the World Cup break. They might get desperate.

Fulham is a good shout. But with Mitrovic it’s not an easy move for any striker to agree to (knowing you’ll be back-up).

Palace would be another, where he could make an instant impact.