IGNORED

The Semenyo Thread - Now a Bournemouth Player. Deal Confirmed

3 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Yes but he could earn a lot more money and with a team more likely to get promoted.

Money will come anyway. Not every players first thought is money. He’d be better off at someone like burnley . He’d be a prem player next season . Not sure if he’s good enough (yet anyway ) for a established prem side . Brentford is a decent shout . 

Apologies if already covered but seen a suggestion that Bournemouth readying a £15m bid!

Although with a) His current form and indeed today general performance level and b) The fact that we don't appear to have to sell for FFP I'm unsure we need to sell him right now- is a dilemma however if say a £15m bid comes in now.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

It’s a now or not this window really . If it’s left until the last week then I think it’s a bit irresponsible to sell. We’re stronger with him /them ie Scott than without. Trouble starts if we sell late & trying to get other players in . Other clubs knowing we’ve received good money even though some will go to balancing the books. There must be a cut off date where we say no to a sell. The other side to that is if the player really wants to leave . They both seem like good characters but it could turn their heads 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Apologies if already covered but seen a suggestion that Bournemouth readying a £15m bid!

Although with a) His current form and indeed today general performance level and b) The fact that we don't appear to have to sell for FFP I'm unsure we need to sell him right now- is a dilemma however if say a £15m bid comes in now.

You absolutely have to sell for that.

If City deny him a huge pay raise and Prem football, then there's no way he'll sign a deal here and we lose out on the funds with which to get the succession plan in action. 

4 minutes ago, mozo said:

You absolutely have to sell for that.

If City deny him a huge pay raise and Prem football, then there's no way he'll sign a deal here and we lose out on the funds with which to get the succession plan in action. 

If he keeps up the form how about a £15-20m move in the summer? I do get the downside risk element though.

5 hours ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

After todays performance….

brace yourselves for bids.

He’s been excellent.

Tin hat ready…I thought he was really mixed today.  Did some good stuff, but I don’t think he’s at the levels of last season.

3 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

I think he is just more comfortable in wide areas at the minute. Sometimes felt like lack of effort but was it just lack of confidence and not really knowing his role? Excellent today knowing he’d only have a fullback to deal with for the most part. Think Pring overlapping helped a lot too. Very good from Semenyo today

Last season he had Martin, so when playing central, he could play on the weaker CB.  Without Martin he attracts the physical CB.

• Like 7

Players bouncing off him again today, somewhere near to the Semenyo we have all fallen in love with, (well most of us). 5 games ago he would not have taken that full back on to create the 4th goal. He just blew him away. We will miss that when he goes. I hope his injury was just a knock.

4 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Players bouncing off him again today, somewhere near to the Semenyo we have all fallen in love with, (well most of us). 5 games ago he would not have taken that full back on to create the 4th goal. He just blew him away. We will miss that when he goes. I hope his injury was just a knock.

I think there was a moment where he remembered Kevin Long was on a yellow card, and he know he had him every time (even though he’s too fast and strong anyway).

He came alive in that second half.

14 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

I loved his shithousery in the second half. I was really pissed with the ref when he got a yellow. The ref had his back turned and their player kicked the ball straight at antoine. How many times have we seen teams do that to us and go unpunished.

It was the second time Antoine did it. He knew what he was doing and deserved the yellow. 

Edited by Kid in the Riot
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

If I was Antoine I wouldn’t be interested in Bournemouth . They’ll be back down with us next season 

They're willing to pay him £50k per week if Nixon is to be believed, he would be a fool not to go as its life changing money.

£15m plus a sell on would do me, if we're really playing hardball then maybe a clause in there that sees extra dosh come our way if Bournemouth stay up

Edited by Dolman_Stand

11 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

I think he is just more comfortable in wide areas at the minute. Sometimes felt like lack of effort but was it just lack of confidence and not really knowing his role? Excellent today knowing he’d only have a fullback to deal with for the most part. Think Pring overlapping helped a lot too. Very good from Semenyo today

I've always thought he's more suited to a role on the left of a front 3 rather than as a striker as he has more space to play to his strengths. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Tin hat ready…I thought he was really mixed today.  Did some good stuff, but I don’t think he’s at the levels of last season.

Last season he had Martin, so when playing central, he could play on the weaker CB.  Without Martin he attracts the physical CB.

No tin hat needed. I thought he decided to coast the last 25 minutes. We were 4-1 up he has a chance to run at the defence down the left wing and just stops before tamely losing possession. A minute later it's 4-2. He did exactly the same on the other wing a bit later. Open space ahead of him and a great chance to break forward before inexplicitly stopping and checking back. His injury came about because he only went in at 50%. 100% and he wins the challenge with a chance on goal. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

8 hours ago, Dolman_Stand said:

They're willing to pay him £50k per week if Nixon is to be believed, he would be a fool not to go as its life changing money.

£15m plus a sell on would do me, if we're really playing hardball then maybe a clause in there that sees extra dosh come our way if Bournemouth stay up

He’d go if that’s true, the bit before where Bournemouth offer the fee that we want is the stumbling block.

Have always felt he would go in this window & the injuries to Weimann & Conway don’t change this.

We’ll then replace him this window & move on.

• Like 1

Bournemouth might not be the best move if he has long-term PL aspirations, but he’d be foolish not to jump at £50k p/w and we’d be foolish not to take £15m IMO. Just hope we insert a sell-on % in any sale and we’ve got a replacement lined up to come straight in.

Edited by tin
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, tin said:

Bournemouth might not be the best move if he has long-term PL aspirations, but he’d be foolish not to jump at £50k p/w and we’d be foolish not to take £15m IMO. Just hope we insert a sell-on % in any sale and we’ve got a replacement lined up to come straight in.

They'll go back up anyway, irritatingly 

11 hours ago, Davefevs said:

True. It is a role I think we all feel he could physically play. Think it is a mental thing for him. I prefer him running at fullbacks anyway regardless. 

This is a tough one, if he goes now I think we're done for. We need him desperately on the pitch, without him our attack looks awful. 15 million though... don't think we can turn that down. Chuck on a possible 25 million for Scott, 40 million, im assuming sorts us right out to actually spend some money in the summer? Then that's just gambling if we remain in the league or not ? tough decision to make either way. 

4 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

No tin hat needed. I thought he decided to coast the last 25 minutes. We were 4-1 up he has a chance to run at the defence down the left wing and just stops before tamely losing possession. A minute later it's 4-2. He did exactly the same on the other wing a bit later. Open space ahead of him and a great chance to break forward before inexplicitly stopping and checking back. His injury came about because he only went in at 50%. 100% and he wins the challenge with a chance on goal. 

Nige had a word with him after that second one - he turned back towards an area where we were actually outnumbered as a few players had moved forward and Birmingham weren’t tracking back. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Apologies if already covered elsewhere but not following the FFP latest closely - but just a thought:

Wouldn't saying publicly we're OK with FFP (even if we're not?!) is just good negotiation tactics/business when it comes to maximising our valuations of players like Semenyo this time of year? 

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 2
  • Robin 1

3 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Apologies if already covered elsewhere but not following the FFP latest closely - but just a thought:

Wouldn't saying publicly we're OK with FFP (even if we're not?!) is just good negotiation tactics/business when it comes to maximising our valuations of players like Semenyo this time of year? 

Not really a feasible lie when so much of it is well documented and information / accounts available in the public domain

42 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

38 minutes ago, KendrickDNB said:

Not really a feasible lie when so much of it is well documented and information / accounts available in the public domain

Although crucially the only real thing that I can think of that pushes us towards compliance wirh no sales this year isn't in the public domain- I still think the transfer add-back argument maybe the difference and decisive factor here...but that all seems to be internally documented. Nothing in the public domain apart from media speculation last year.

(Our argument according to a press report was that Covid cost us £30m in transfer revenue- accounting for net book value perhaps that's an additional £20-25m in transfer profit).

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Dolman_Stand said:

I wouldn’t believe Nixon for a start , he gets very little right when it comes to us. Also , any player going to a prem club would be paying that. I just don’t think Bournemouth would be a good fit for him football wise 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Although crucially the only real thing that I can think of that pushes us towards compliance wirh no sales this year isn't in the public domain- I still think the transfer add-back argument maybe the difference and decisive factor here...but that all seems to be internally documented. Nothing in the public domain apart from media speculation last year.

(Our argument according to a press report was that Covid cost us £30m in transfer revenue- accounting for net book value perhaps that's an additional £20-25m in transfer profit).

Did you hear RG say that the FFP stuff is going through the last part of the process…so almost done. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Did you hear RG say that the FFP stuff is going through the last part of the process…so almost done. 

Am going to listen to that interview in full later. Just suggesting what might have been the difference between compliance and problems. As I said yesterday, will go with the official position now at last until such time as anything new arises.

I assume the last part of the process is the Club Financial Review Panel. The League have outsourced certain powers to them.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Am going to listen to that interview in full later. Just suggesting what might have been the difference between compliance and problems. As I said yesterday, will go with the official position now at last until such time as anything new arises.

I assume the last part of the process is the Club Financial Review Panel. The League have outsourced certain powers to them.

Yes, worth a listen, says club have submitted their projections. An I’m guessing those projections show how tight we are.  Gould did allude to being a possibility to recruit but not with a fee, so assume loan a possibility, albeit not forhuge wages.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, worth a listen, says club have submitted their projections. An I’m guessing those projections show how tight we are.  Gould did allude to being a possibility to recruit but not with a fee, so assume loan a possibility, albeit not forhuge wages.

Still to listen but atm I'm going with happy to believe we are in line but were I to express a concern and this applies to any clubs with big losses or big add-backs, is will the CFRP come into it with a totally open mind or will they already know the basis of the projections. That particular bit feels unknowable at this point.

The loan bit is interesting, guessing a parent PL club would have to waive a loan fee and or most of the wages realistically.

I guess the CFRP will make decisions in February or March ready to refer in March if required for any clubs.

• Like 1