IGNORED

The Semenyo Thread - Now a Bournemouth Player. Deal Confirmed

1 hour ago, Roger Red Hat said:

With whom?

Amazing isn't it? We have spent years trying to find and develop a player with his pace and power, and now some posters seem to think they are 10 a penny. 

Perhaps we could pop up the Downs on Sunday morning like the old days and pick a couple of strikers up there?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cheese said:

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, but how can they agree personal terms before a bid has been accepted?  Surely they're not allowed to talk to the player before being given permission and a bid accepted?

Always seems to happen these days.

I guess £12m + £3m add-ons would be tempting for the club and not bad all things considered (except having to find a reliable substitute this month)

Adding virtually £20m+ for Scott next season would be good business...even if as a supporter I'd really like to see them at City for a longer period.

Edited by Dan Robin

5 minutes ago, cheese said:

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, but how can they agree personal terms before a bid has been accepted?  Surely they're not allowed to talk to the player before being given permission and a bid accepted?

Good point. And seems rather presumptuous. Kind of thing pushed by an agent, you'd imagine. But, also indicates that Semenyo is obviously pushing to move on. 

8 minutes ago, cheese said:

Yes usually happens these days, clubs should give consent for the player/agent to discuss terms with club and then they can agree a few if the player actually wants to move there. 

Definitely going to need a replacement who can play up top or either side. I hope Nige, Tinns and the recruitment team have done their work early to try get a replacement in who we can help progress, it might be too early for Bell to play consistently, if and when Martin goes we will need a striker with power and pace but there's far too few of them nowadays.

There's been a real lack of good forwards coming through in the last couple years in the Football League hence why they are going for a premium. It's even happening at the top of the football pyramid, you can see that with the older strikers being much more prominent and not many young forwards breaking through.

If Conway and Weimann weren't injured I think we'd be more likely to get the deal done quicker but now we can play hardball a bit more with the circumstances.

Wouldn't blame him for making the move if we accept, big chance in the Premier League with a possibility of staying up, a massive increase in his wages and increasing his own stock in the process, hope we get the money we want for him.

3 minutes ago, Super said:

I would like to see him turn them down stay here and carry on scoring goals then come the summer he'll be looking at a bigger and better move. Probably pure fantasy i know.

I understand this view, however put yourself in Semenyo shoes, guaranteed 6 months in the premier league, 10x pay rise, history of medium term injuries etc. I’d be pushing for it if I was him. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Big C said:

Bournemouth bought Lloyd Kelly for 13 million. Do we value Semenyo more or less than that?

Depends how we take into account the impact of Covid on championship players values in the context of the exposure championship clubs suffered in the same period, while considering strikers tend to be worth more.

If I was in City's position, I'd look at spread fees which would be more of a help longer term with FFP. So something akin to £8m up front plus £5m across the next 32 months, with further £1m if Bournemouth avoid relegation from EPL otherwise appearance based clauses, and a standard 10-20% sell-on-profit.

1 minute ago, Fuber said:

Depends how we take into account the impact of Covid on championship players values in the context of the exposure championship clubs suffered in the same period, while considering strikers tend to be worth more.

If I was in City's position, I'd look at spread fees which would be more of a help longer term with FFP. So something akin to £8m up front plus £5m across the next 32 months, with further £1m if Bournemouth avoid relegation from EPL otherwise appearance based clauses, and a standard 10-20% sell-on-profit.

Isn't that a difference between amortisation and cash flow though?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

I reckon he will be gone unfortunately. City holding out for what they want though is brilliant 

This January to Bournemouth or someone else?

It is- although I do still look at Birmingham v EFL in 2019 with a slight bit of worry and wonder if anything is applicable here. (They got charged with misconduct when rejecting Che Adams bids in Jan 2019).

I reckon we have been much more cooperative but who knows what was requested/haggled behind closed doors.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

This January to Bournemouth or someone else?

It is- although I do still look at Birmingham v EFL in 2019 with a slight bit of worry and wonder if anything is applicable here. (They got charged with misconduct when rejecting Che Adams bids in Jan 2019).

I don't think we've acted like them but..

Bournemouth this January. Seem very keen. Just my opinion though 

6 minutes ago, Negan said:

Surprised we didn’t take that… especially considering West Ham have got Ings for 12m today. I know if I was a Bournemouth fan who I’d rather they spend that money on out of the 2. 

I would imagine that Ings is on 60k plus a week where Semenyo would be offered half of that