IGNORED

The Semenyo Thread - Now a Bournemouth Player. Deal Confirmed

15 minutes ago, TomF said:

Trouble here is if we don't sell him now, how will the player react..

Watching him on Tuesday night , no indication of that and his joy with the rest of the squad for Bell scoring and the result would suggest he’d been ok. 
If he doesn’t go this month , clear message from Pearson and probably Tinnion score goals , create , play well and bigger clubs than Bournemouth will come knocking in the summer 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BLRed said:

They seem to be splashing out around 20 mill for similar players abroad. Aren’t foreign players supposed to be cheaper? Why would we let go for any less when they have lots of money and are desperate. Not to mention it’s January 

Well in 2019 Birmingham were charged wirh misconduct when they rejected bids for Adams in Jan 2019.

Is this a risk here? They sold him for £15-16m in summer 2019 (went into 2019-20 accounts) but the League were antagonised that they didn't sell him for reportedly bids of £11-12m in January if that year, which would have gone into that seasons accounts. The bids were close to Birmingham's valuation it later came out and would have wiped any FFP deficit. (Stadium sale resolved that one).

Granted it was a second season of potential breach.

The League lost the case but appealed and won, albeit more of a legal principle rather than a hard sanction. Birmingham technically complied but not with the required method.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

1 minute ago, !james said:

Bournemouth playing hard to get I see... 

Difficulty with all these is knowing what the offer actually is. £10m could mean 'up to £10m' and only a proportion of that is certain. Its fine judgements, his contract is less than Scott's time wise so we need to tread with some care. I am sure the club are aware of all that and are balancing it all as best they can.

• Like 2

Just now, cityexile said:

Difficulty with all these is knowing what the offer actually is. £10m could mean 'up to £10m' and only a proportion of that is certain. Its fine judgements, his contract is less than Scott's time wise so we need to tread with some care. I am sure the club are aware of all that and are balancing it all as best they can.

Yes clearly someone (Semenyos agent?) is leaking all this stuff to the press to put pressure on the club... 

• Like 1

Turning down 10m, is a strange one. Esp if included a sell on as well. 

Given he has 12 months left in the summer, I can't see us getting 10m for a player with one year left who has no intention of signing a new deal, and has already been offered big bucks from a premier league club, only for us to turn it down. If Bournemouth do move on, I would not be surprised to see Semenyo put in a transfer request. 

Edited by robinforlife2

Just now, robinforlife2 said:

Turning down 10m, is a strange one. Esp is included a sell on as well. 

Given he has 12 months left in the summer, I can't see us getting 10m for a player with one year left who has no intention of signing a new deal, and has already been offered big bucks from a premier league club, only for us to turn it down. If Bournemouth do move on, I would not be surprised to see Semenyo put in a transfer request. 

Didnt well sell Bobby Reid for roughly 8mil when he only had 1 year left on contract and no intention of signing new one? You might argue that was on top of an amazing season by Bobby, but City are aware of Semenyo's higher potential and more interest so can still see us looking around that mark in the summer........ if hes still here, however I believe eventually the amount City want will be met and he'll be gone. A real shame as its not coincidence our recent good form has coincided with his

3 minutes ago, robinforlife2 said:

Turning down 10m, is a strange one. Esp if included a sell on as well. 

Especially strange if rumours are true that he’s already agreed personal terms

6 minutes ago, cityexile said:

The revised second bid was £8m plus a potential £2m in add-ons. I can understand why we turned it down. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, daored said:

Watching him on Tuesday night , no indication of that and his joy with the rest of the squad for Bell scoring and the result would suggest he’d been ok. 
If he doesn’t go this month , clear message from Pearson and probably Tinnion score goals , create , play well and bigger clubs than Bournemouth will come knocking in the summer 

And let's be honest, EVERY current PL team is bigger than Bournemouth, and next season it will be the same.

Inexperienced manager trying to keep them up, it's not the best of moves, is it ?

Edited by The Gasbuster
  • Like 3
  • Robin 1

2 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

I wonder how much truth is in the article and if this gets done soon. If the player wants the move it and personal terms have been agreed then surely his heads not with us. 10mill with add ons seems fair. 

There may have been "informal" talks with his agent re personal terms with interested clubs.

But AS knows he can expect £30k per week minimum anyway (more likely to be around 40k-50k imo).

I wouldn't expect City to accept 10m, they are holding the cards at this time and some clubs will become desperate to get players in towards the end of the window so I can see City holding out. Bournemouth have shown their hand early with two bids apparently, maybe they are getting a bit desperate already ?

Whatever, he's likely to be gone this window.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I doubt Bournemouth have actually 'moved on'. They've been watching Antoine for a while and have already agreed personal terms with him. Just another tactic to force our hand. 

I don't think we're too far away though. Realistically 10m guaranteed and 4m in clauses (apps,goals,relegation/promotion) will probably do the trick

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

But AS knows he can expect £30k per week minimum anyway (more likely to be around 40k-50k imo)

No chance (surely?) if - as mentioned above - that Ings is getting c. £60k/pw is Semenyo getting a wage that high? 

If this is true, I am instructing my agent to get me a move ASAP

Edited by CyderInACan

3 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

There may have been "informal" talks with his agent re personal terms with interested clubs.

But AS knows he can expect £30k per week minimum anyway (more likely to be around 40k-50k imo).

I wouldn't expect City to accept 10m, they are holding the cards at this time and some clubs will become desperate to get players in towards the end of the window so I can see City holding out. Bournemouth have shown their hand early with two bids apparently, maybe they are getting a bit desperate already ?

Whatever, he's likely to be gone this window.

If there’s a chance to double or even triple your wage who would be stupid enough to not try force a move

The thought the player or his agent has agreed terms with a player that is fully in contract with another club breaks a lot of rules. Unless of course it’s just more talk to apply more pressure. 

City don’t have to sell now we know that. Bournemouths desperation is apparent. I can see another club snatching this or the boy stays. 

3 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

Find some of tone of this thread to be a bit odd. Many posters seem actively keen for us to accept any bid for arguably our most important player (especially as we are now looking like playing 433) and one of the most entertaining/exciting players we have in the squad.

I get we might have to sell, but only once someone makes a bid sufficient enough to cover the massive hole he would leave for the rest of this season.

The problem of course being that by the summer his value will have dropped.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

Find some of tone of this thread to be a bit odd. Many posters seem actively keen for us to accept any bid for arguably our most important player (especially as we are now looking like playing 433) and one of the most entertaining/exciting players we have in the squad.

I get we might have to sell, but only once someone makes a bid sufficient enough to cover the massive hole he would leave for the rest of this season.

Agree.

12 Million is the minimum I’d entertain.