IGNORED

The Semenyo Thread - Now a Bournemouth Player. Deal Confirmed

27 minutes ago, Super said:

This made me laugh i'm guessing it's a joke!

From Bournemouth forum

I wonder if we could interest Brizzle in a swap deal for Semenyo and Alex Scott in exchange for them taking Kelly back?

I mean I'd love Kelly back! Kelly plus 20m, deal :D

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

I don't have anything to fess.

Posting on forums isn't a particularly difficult thing to do, Tom? Nor is OTIB the only forum in existence? Most office jobs run through Teams, other subjects that interest me use forums, the sports interactive one seems to be the same user interface as this and that's one I have navigated and posted on for nearly 15 years!

I guess I just have some transferable skills. Maybe it's testament to the forum you've built that navigating it is so easy? Doesn't have to be a conspiracy 

Yawn. Time to fess up.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, mozo said:

The personal terms bit was in the Athletic piece and I rightly or wrongly trust their reporting.

I wonder if having had an injury already hamper his season, Antoine might be more inclined to seize the opportunity now. 

Either way, a failure to agree a deal now doesn't cause any major headaches. 

Why would we let a player discuss terms with a club before agreeing a price?  Doesn’t make sense. It’s obviously not in the interests of the club to do that as it unsettles the player and undermines the negotiating position.

Just now, YorksRed said:

Why would we let a player discuss terms with a club before agreeing a price?  Doesn’t make sense. It’s obviously not in the interests of the club to do that as it unsettles the player and undermines the negotiating position.

That type of conversation does not nessicaily have to be direct.

It is more likely to be with the players agent.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, TomF said:

I don't have an issue with his posts, its the fact that I'm 99% certain its a returning user.  We're actually pretty chilled about returning users as long as they're not the usual suspects which in this case I think not...   They want to email the OTIB help account and fess up we can sort it I'm sure. 

All hail the Fuher.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

That type of conversation does not nessicaily have to be direct.

It is more likely to be with the players agent.

Correct. 

People will say “hey, isn’t that tapping up?” but if they’re all doing it, no one is going to report it. 

It’s naive to think that discussions regarding contracts don’t start until a bid has been accepted. 

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Again, your focus seems to be on fair price / market value for all parties, **** the other party, we want this to be the best deal for Bristol City.

Completely agree.

Due to their Prem status, AFCB can readily afford a few £million more whereas we need to extract all that we can from the deal. This transfer window is a seller’s market; I trust the combination of RG, Phil Alexander and NP to extract the best possible deal for City. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I’m just waiting for him to don a white dinner jacket and start giving us a recipe for gravy ?.

It would be wonderful if he who can’t be named came back. My favourite OTIB thread started “I’m making gravy”

53 minutes ago, TomF said:

I don't have an issue with his posts, its the fact that I'm 99% certain its a returning user.  We're actually pretty chilled about returning users as long as they're not the usual suspects which in this case I think not...   They want to email the OTIB help account and fess up we can sort it I'm sure. 

To be honest I think it’s a tad harsh Tom. 
I believe I have a good idea who @Percy Pigis and I think it’s a user who left a few years ago but certainly not because of any misdemeanours. 
I also don’t think the current user has posted anything that ought to be considered controversial or confrontational and I think their new persona has been good to read and contributed well so far. 

#savePercy

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

What or who is Fuher?

I googled it and came up with " Hair Fuher" in the urban dictionary which is slang for the 45th President of the USA. Fuher being slang for Fu****

So was the spelling mistake Hail or Fuher ?

I think he might mean "Fewer"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, robinforlife2 said:

I can think of 50,000 reasons why he might want the move .....

I believe that AS is smarter than that,,,,,,,,,,and at 22 is looking for the right career move, rather than the first opportunity for a big pay packet.  He will not  be going to Bournemouth IMHO

11 minutes ago, maxjak said:

I believe that AS is smarter than that,,,,,,,,,,and at 22 is looking for the right career move, rather than the first opportunity for a big pay packet.  He will not  be going to Bournemouth IMHO

Idk going from 200-250k a year to 2.5m a year is life changer. Bournemouth tend to play an attacking brand of football even if it gets them relegated. He’d shine with them in the championship imo. All that while making enough money to have a great nee start to life in his 30s after it is all done. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YorksRed said:

Quite the opposite. Much better to let a player you know is leaving sort out personal terms and then haggle over fee. If the buying club are talking seriously to the player then they know how much is fee is likely to be, so there won't be a large discrepancy between clubs. Stops clubs wasting their time haggling over a fee, thinking a deal is done only for it to then break down over personal terms.

8 minutes ago, TomF said:

I think I do too, but they were banned if it's who I think it is, for a string of personal insults and retorts.  It has been over 5+ years if it is who I think it is so if they just dropped the admin team a message letting us know it would be fine.  Most returning users have been allowed back on, as long as they've let us know. 

I’ll leave the door open for them to drop us a message. 

Ah right. I hadn’t realised they were previously banned. 
Still - I think they’ve been well-behaved so far and contributed well.