IGNORED

The Semenyo Thread - Now a Bournemouth Player. Deal Confirmed

16 minutes ago, robinforlife2 said:

I suspect we've already identified a replacement / cover.

I think Bentley was always leaving and the foreign keeper wasn't as last minute.com as it appeared. I think we already had him on standby if Bentley went, hence letting Bajic out on loan. I would imagine we have irons in fires with agents and players, where the hard work is done, and these could be players that have fundamentally agreed a move to us, on the proviso of said players leaving. 

To be honest, I would not be surprised to hear over the next 48 hours that Rak-Sakyi is recalled by Crystal Palace from Charlton on loan. He has been on fire there, and he could be the deal maker for Semenyo. I,e send him on loan to us for the second half of the season. Would give him Championship experience and enable us to have forward cover, and would probably be a worthwhile deal to help get Semenyo over the line. 

Is he a similar player to Semenyo?

49 minutes ago, robinforlife2 said:

I think Bentley was always leaving and the foreign keeper wasn't as last minute.com as it appeared. I think we already had him on standby if Bentley went, hence letting Bajic out on loan. I would imagine we have irons in fires with agents and players, where the hard work is done, and these could be players that have fundamentally agreed a move to us, on the proviso of said players leaving. 

To be honest, I would not be surprised to hear over the next 48 hours that Rak-Sakyi is recalled by Crystal Palace from Charlton on loan. He has been on fire there, and he could be the deal maker for Semenyo. I,e send him on loan to us for the second half of the season. Would give him Championship experience and enable us to have forward cover, and would probably be a worthwhile deal to help get Semenyo over the line. 

That would be very good business perhaps new ceo can help here too with existing links 

52 minutes ago, robinforlife2 said:

We were certainly looking at Haikin in May.  As per a previous post, Norway running a summer fixture calendar (and contracts the same) might’ve influenced timings.

4 minutes ago, WarksRobin said:

We apparently rejected £10m last week, why would we accept it this week?

Especially when they were gonna pay £20m for Jackson!

At the end of the day, if he goes it’s because we’ve accepted the best fee for the situation.

Edited by Davefevs

33 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Bullshit or not bullshit. That is the question 

I’m not being funny here but I’m getting sick to the back teeth of the Ghana media sites. They’ve not been right about one thing in relation to Semenyo thus far, and unlike with the Norway break in respect of Hakin yesterday, they have no way of being ITK geographically or link wise - Semenyos based in the UK, his agent is based in the UK and all buying clubs linked are based in the UK. They’ve got as many “ins” as Roy De Alien.

If and when he goes, I’d bet my house it won’t be broken by a Ghanaian media source.

• Like 5
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

I’m not being funny here but I’m getting sick to the back teeth of the Ghana media sites. They’ve not been right about one thing in relation to Semenyo thus far, and unlike with the Norway break in respect of Hakin yesterday, they have no way of being ITK geographically or link wise - Semenyos based in the UK, his agent is based in the UK and all buying clubs linked are based in the UK. They’ve got as many “ins” as Roy De Alien.

If and when he goes, I’d bet my house it won’t be broken by a Ghanaian media source.

So Bullshit then . :yes:

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Maybe Roy Dealien works for them.

On 24/01/2023 at 16:19, Mr Popodopolous said:

Are Championship players being priced out of moved a bit? Or more accurately are PL clubs now looking overseas more often or indeed for PL players who may have run their course as they don't deem Championship sides as valuable as they might have been.

Looking to use the obvious financial gaps to leverage players our as cheaply as possible.

14 minutes ago, davidoldfart said:

It’s reported that the £20m signing at Bournemouth (Jackson) has failed his medical and the deal is off!

That’s bad. He was a thriller of a signing for them and I thought he completed their arrivals, but they won’t stop until they get enough.

We can only hope if they put in a derisory bid palace beat it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

That’s bad. He was a thriller of a signing for them and I thought he completed their arrivals, but they won’t stop until they get enough.

They’re smooth criminals if they think they’ll sign Antoine for close to their last bid 

Edited by Lrrr
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

We wont stop until we get enough.   

6 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Is that how it would work? Would we accept a bid from one club and then quote An extra few million to another? I can see they might offer a higher salary than another club but the deal to the club would be similar wouldnt it?

5 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Although, were he to go to Bournemouth, he would not only increase his salary, but would have a former teammate and friend in Lloyd Kelly.

And, of course, having found what he was looking for, and with a friend to call his own, he would never be alone. 

2 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Although, were he to go to Bournemouth, he would not only increase his salary, but would have a former teammate and friend in Lloyd Kelly.

And, of course, having found what he was looking for, and with a friend to call his own, he would never be alone. 

I think he’d get on well with Ben Pearson 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

This story doesn’t seem to have been picked up by anyone else.

I’d love it if Antoine did the player presser later!!!

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

This story doesn’t seem to have been picked up by anyone else.

I’d love it if Antoine did the player presser later!!!

Alex Crook on talksport  has just said he expects a deal to be done on Semenyo, and the player is pushing for the move.

Edited by Mattredrobin
Missed a bit off
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1