IGNORED

U23 game v Coventry Parking

frenchred

3 minutes ago, frenchred said:

no, didn’t know anything about it so i suppose it’s a fair cup!

If the steward told you to park there for free but failed to tell you that you had to input your registration onto a system, then you would not be liable. I’d raise a complaint if I were you. 

If the fine is from a parking company then it may be better to contact the club to get it overturned rather than the parking company. The parking company act on behalf of the club and the steward who told you to park anywhere was presumably working on the clubs behalf. First port of call would be Jerry the SLO.

56 minutes ago, phantom said:

I only know about it as it was mentioned at a SC&T meeting, I fear that you won't be the last to be caught out by this 

Probably not mate, pretty sneaky by the  lub though!

1 hour ago, Sir Geoff said:

If the fine is from a parking company then it may be better to contact the club to get it overturned rather than the parking company. The parking company act on behalf of the club and the steward who told you to park anywhere was presumably working on the clubs behalf. First port of call would be Jerry the SLO.

Contacted the club they said it was a paid parking event and they were not liable

20 minutes ago, frenchred said:

Probably not mate, pretty sneaky by the  lub though!

Contacted the club they said it was a paid parking event and they were not liable

When I got there they said it was pre allocated parking. I told them I’d been told it was first come first served by Jerry.

He asked who Jerry was, I said the Supporters Liaison.

He then said, shhh, come on in, park anywhere and don’t tell anyone.  Asked if I had to pay and he said no as it was pre-allocated stuff.

A few minutes later I saw Jerry and he said he hadn’t been told they'd changed plans.

I didn’t bother with the pay machine as per the advice I’d been given.

My wife says I’ve had no post since I’ve been in Edinburgh. 

26 minutes ago, spudski said:

This Club would have far more fans attending if it wasn't for parking and public transport issues.

Going to the Killers concert wtf.

Even to Cardiff for a concert..9 30 last train home for me.

System is broke.

Anyone would think the war was still on.......

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, spudski said:

This Club would have far more fans attending if it wasn't for parking and public transport issues.

Going to the Killers concert wtf.

Even to Cardiff for a concert..9 30 last train home for me.

System is broke.

10000%.

That is the trouble with all the parking restrictions with permits (not saying fans should stop people parking outside their own home btw), we have the Council extortion racket clean air zone, push for electric cars etc etc. There is never anything that has been setup properly and tested, which is even close to being anywhere close to satisfactory, let alone very good, and everyone just has to accept it. I know a fair few people who haven't renewed season tickets due to the clean air zone that will be in next season - if it hasn't been put back again.

• Like 2