IGNORED

Wales v Ukraine

Malago

On 06/06/2022 at 00:01, clunes said:

To all those mocking Page’s comments, I don’t know who the best fans in the world are (if there is any such thing) but I arrived in Bordeaux the day after Wales beat either Slovakia or Russia in 2016 (I dont remember which) and the place was full of Welsh drinking and having a good time. I sat with loads and had a great day and I can absolutely say without any doubt I would rather spend time with the Welsh fans at an overseas tournament than the English 

brilliant occasion that, it was Slovakia and I went with a few mates from the Welsh village I lived and worked in, when I did a 3 year stint in mid wales and played for the local team. I am a bit of a mongrel (very proud to be Bristolian born and bred, so mostly English, with plenty of German, Swizz, Irish blood mixed in!), but was happy to follow the welsh boys at the 2016 Euros to keep an old promise I made 30 odd years before with my welsh teammates!

Not an ounce of trouble the whole weekend, a total festival of footy, with everyone mixing with everyone else in the bars and fan village, add in Bordeaux was brilliant as well. Made me wish at the time I was more then a temporary plastic Welsh fan :laugh:..... followed England a fair few times and I am afraid even on occasions when English not looking for trouble, it was always in the air and effected the atmosphere negatively.

It was a much better experience with the Welsh boys and gals...

Edited by brady bunch
hit send too early!
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, brady bunch said:

brilliant occasion that, it was Slovakia and I went with a few mates from the Welsh village I lived and worked in, when I did a 3 year stint in mid wales and played for the local team. I am a bit of a mongrel (very proud to be Bristolian born and bred, so mostly English, with plenty of German, Swizz, Irish blood mixed in!), but was happy to follow the welsh boys at the 2016 Euros to keep an old promise I made 30 odd years before with my welsh teammates!

Not an ounce of trouble the whole weekend, a total festival of footy, with everyone mixing with everyone else in the bars and fan village, add in Bordeaux was brilliant as well. Made me wish at the time I was more then a temporary plastic Welsh fan :laugh:..... followed England a fair few times and I am afraid even on occasions when English not looking for trouble, it was always in the air and effected the atmosphere negatively.

It was a much better experience with the Welsh boys and gals...

Not surprised to hear that. Following England in that same tournament, I witnessed loads of trouble.

And right on queue... England: Seven fans arrested in Munich - three for making a Nazi salute - BBC Sport 

image.png.71d99267d5b4ccf15dffa2761de17b77.png

• Like 1