IGNORED

Friendly v Chippenham

ChippenhamRed

On 24/06/2022 at 20:16, ChippenhamRed said:

Haven’t seen it mentioned elsewhere so apologies if this is old news - City are coming to Chippenham.

Chips and ham! I was DH at Redland Primary School, Chippenham when it first opened, in 1973. I got into trouble with Wiltshire Schools’ FA cos I fielded a GIRL in the school football team! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I didn’t go tonight. Mainly because it was a ballache trying to fit it around family commitments this week (wife has Covid), but also because no one seemed to want to be up front about who we’d actually be watching and it became pretty obvious it wasn’t going to be anything close to the first team.

Edit: to be clear that’s a criticism of Chippenham and City, not you lot!

Im struggling with who's who. Under 19s I think 

19 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I didn’t go tonight. Mainly because it was a ballache trying to fit it around family commitments this week (wife has Covid), but also because no one seemed to want to be up front about who we’d actually be watching and it became pretty obvious it wasn’t going to be anything close to the first team.

Edit: to be clear that’s a criticism of Chippenham and City, not you lot!

Agreed, I was looking to drive back and see it with some mates as they thought it might be a reasonable team - clearly not though as it turns out 

Edited by MarcusX
  • Like 1

This is the report from Chippenham Town official site

KICK-OFF

1′ | We are underway at The Thornbury Surfacing Stadium.

13′ | GOAL! | Bristol City take the lead after the 13th minute as No. 16 slots it past Henry.

23′ | Chippenham with an opportunity towards The Sheldon End as Byrne shoots narrowly over. The two teams pause for a quick water break. As it’s starting to cool down here.

31′ | Bristol City XI make it two..

37′ | Will King is brought down, wins a free kick for The Bluebirds.

37′ | Joe Hanks fires over from the free-kick, but just narrowly.

39′ | Free kick for Chippenham, Joe Hanks fires straight into the keeper, who drops the ball. Richards follows up with an effort, but headers wide.

45+’ | Trialist tries to chip one from distance, but narrowly fires over.

HALF-TIME: Chippenham Town 0-2 Bristol City XI

The Bluebirds make two changes at the interval, as Pablo Martinez and Matt Jones replace Ethan Witchell and Keelan Byrne.

45′ | The second half is underway!

54′ | CHANCE! | Joe Hanks and Noah Coppin both with two shots on-target for Chippenham, The

60′ | SUB! | Alex Bray and Joe Parker replace Alefe Santos and Trialist. applying the pressure towards the man between the sticks for City.

73′ | SUB! | Noah Coppin, Joe Hanks and Callum Gunner are replaced with Caine Bradbury, Luke Russe and Trialist.

84′ | City XI make it three.

90′ | Alex Bray is brought down by No. 18. Free kick for Chippenham.

FULL-TIME: Chippenham Town 0-3 Bristol City XI

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

I’m reliably informed that the team was as follows;

Wiles-Richards, Clark, Zak Bell, Wood, Low, Sam Pearson, Owers, Blackwell, Acey, Palmer-Houlden & Thomas.

Used subs were Kadji, Leeson & Rose.

Nice work Mr. C. Even more young players to be getting excited about, the conveyor belt has been amazing of late. Heard good things about Wood and Owers, and Palmer-Houlden travelled to Austria with the first team. Ben Acey sounds exciting too, pinched from Guernsey following Alex Scott's footsteps. COYR.

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

According to someone in the club….Tim Ap Sion is the one to watch.

Ah the young Guernsey striker right? Heard Tinnion discussing him at the very start of the window. No need to read into his non-inclusion against Chippenham then? Age thing?

59 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

According to someone in the club….Tim Ap Sion is the one to watch.

49 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Saw him score against Clevedon on Sat. Looks a real prospect.

47 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Ah the young Guernsey striker right? Heard Tinnion discussing him at the very start of the window. No need to read into his non-inclusion against Chippenham then? Age thing?

Broke all the age group sprinting records during his school athletics career, if he can kick a ball in a straight line as well that will be a bonus.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Saw him score against Clevedon on Sat. Looks a real prospect.

⬇️⬇️⬇️

2 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

It was Mr Tinnion that told me! ?

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Broke all the age group sprinting records during his school athletics career, if he can kick a ball in a straight line as well that will be a bonus.

Think it was my Googling when he signed that unearthed all his athletics stuff!

On 19/07/2022 at 21:24, Robin-hugh-blind said:

FT 0-3 Good game tonight. No9 stands out. No 12 long hair with a hair band was the one that didn't cut the mustard for me. No 6 in defence and no 10 in mid played well. Wish I knew who they all were! This was 3 or 4 off Chippenham's best xi so decent result 

On 19/07/2022 at 21:16, Robin-hugh-blind said:

0-3 no9 great finish. Been good all night and finally got his chance 

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/report-chippenham-town-0-3-bristol-city-under-23s/

According to this No9 was Seb Palmer-Houlden, good that you picked him out as the top performer, I really think he will get a chance or two in the main squad this year.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/report-chippenham-town-0-3-bristol-city-under-23s/

According to this No9 was Seb Palmer-Houlden, good that you picked him out as the top performer, I really think he will get a chance or two in the main squad this year.

Here’s a photo of last night.  Can only assume it was Harry Leeson???

67B36CA0-D39F-4387-98A1-58FEA462CBD0.jpeg

On 19/07/2022 at 21:24, Robin-hugh-blind said:

FT 0-3 Good game tonight. No9 stands out. No 12 long hair with a hair band was the one that didn't cut the mustard for me. No 6 in defence and no 10 in mid played well. Wish I knew who they all were! This was 3 or 4 off Chippenham's best xi so decent result 

9. Seb Palmer Houlden. 12. Harry Leeson. 6. Joe Low. 10. Tommy Backwell