IGNORED

Tears for Fears

spudski

Yup. I was there just in front of the stage. First TFF gig  for me and I was impressed by how good their voices were and the musicianship was, and how the songs had stood the test of time. Roland's Jagger impersonation was worth hearing as well. 

In their 80s heyday, I'd have scoffed at the idea of going to such a concert, but you grow up and become less judgemental. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, TomF said:

Heard they pulled out last night? 

Yes,  Curt Smith pulled a rib so they pulled out 

Natalia Imbruglia was great and Alison Moyet did an extended set of just over an hour and was superb as usual.

Good thing is we all get a full refund and been told be in our accounts in 3 week max ? so got a free concert last night.

They are due at Derby Cricket  ground Tuesday,  be interesting to see if he’s fit by then.

On 09/07/2022 at 09:37, Red-Robbo said:

Yup. I was there just in front of the stage. First TFF gig  for me and I was impressed by how good their voices were and the musicianship was, and how the songs had stood the test of time. Roland's Jagger impersonation was worth hearing as well. 

In their 80s heyday, I'd have scoffed at the idea of going to such a concert, but you grow up and become less judgemental. 

Yes, it's a shame that during the 80s bands were ' boxed' into a category. Boy bands didn't really exist...so if girls liked a band, often it meant the lads turned their nose up at them.

During the early 80s I met them a few times socially, as an older friend of mine had a girlfriend who was close friends with them. Watched them at Nero's, Forum etc...and went to Moles to watch other bands, which they'd be watching as well. The music scene in Bath was quite healthy back then. 

I found them a bit ' odd' at the time. Very introvert, geeky even. At the time I didn't realise about their troubled upbringing. The Hurting album, their first, definitely shines a light on that troubled up bringing. 

Then they hit the big time. The likes of the Colston Hall and one that always stands out in my mind, Goldiggers in Chippenham in 1985. That tour they became big.

The latest album...it's fantastic...again, written after Roland went through a harrowing time, looking after his wife and watching her die through alcoholism. The 'hurt' definitely brings out the best in his song writing. 

They've always been good live though.

A tune for the summer, in car with Windows down.

From the 1985 tour. Not a phone in sight. Teenagers just in the moment enjoying themselves. Good times ?

• Like 1