IGNORED

Laptop Repairs - Free Quotations

Port Said Red

Hi All, this is aimed at everyone but most likely @TomFmay be the most help. 

I bought a really nicely specced Dere laptop very cheaply from China back before all the issues of sourcing things that way kicked in. It has run beautifully for 2 years, but suddenly I started getting screen issues and then finally a completely blank screen even though I can hear its working. I think it's the graphics card that's gone but without a screen it's quite difficult to run any diagnostics and I don't seem to be able get it into the boot mode. I am normally game to fix some hardware problems for myself, but I don't want to go buying a graphics card only to find that isn't the problem. I would like some to look at it and willing to pay for repairs but not for the cost of finding out it's not repairable or isn't cost effective to repair. 

I would normally just go buy a new one to be honest and work out some way of getting my data from it, but looking around it would cost me twice as much these days to get one of the same spec.

Does anyone know of anyone who does free quotations in the North Somerset area, preferably Portishead, I had a look at Nortech's website, but it's not very informative and to be honest it was so poor it put me off them. 

Any help gratefully received.

39 minutes ago, TomF said:

Always a bit of a midfield with laptops - 95% of them have integrated graphics cards so the likelihood is you'd have to replace the entire mainboard/motherboard and that'll outweigh the cost of the entire laptop. 

Does it have a HDMI output on the laptop, it would be worth checking to see if you get an output to an external display and if so would suggest it might be more that the screen has gone. 

Roger at Novatech is a good man, I expect they'll probably tell you that its not worth the outlay to fix it but defo worth asking them. 

Cheers Tom, I am beginning to think the worse too, I will get in touch with Roger.

Edited by Port Said Red