IGNORED

Why enter into the ‘ League ‘ cup?

Major Isewater

24 minutes ago, myol'man said:

I saw the home semi-final v Spurs as an 11 year old, both games v Forest and Man City.

Who could forget Mardon's goal at Forest, or being 1-0 up at half-time at the Ethiad, all wonderful memories. For a club that gets one succesful season on average every 10 years give me the League cup any day.

This 

Like you saw all six legs of those three semis

Untio we storm into serious promotion material or smash our way through rounds of the FA Cup on any form of basis , I’ll keep the League Cup as our best hope of some real fun

2 hours ago, myol'man said:

I saw the home semi-final v Spurs as an 11 year old, both games v Forest and Man City.

Who could forget Mardon's goal at Forest, or being 1-0 up at half-time at the Ethiad, all wonderful memories. For a club that gets one succesful season on average every 10 years give me the League cup any day.

Guess I’m just a couple of years older than you and those League Cup Semi-finals are definitely some of the main highlights of 56 years watching City. Not giving up on a fourth, hopefully with a Wembley final!

2 hours ago, maxjak said:

Would anyone be bothered if we got knocked out?  I'm happy with the FA cup and Championship. I appreciate that it is great for L1 and L2 sides, but i am really not concerned if it got abolished, which is a selfish view,  i know?

Totally agree. Too many games as it is. I am looking forward to Wigan on Saturday but couldn't give a hoot about tonight's result.

7 hours ago, phantom said:

Exactly this, by entering the EFL you automatically get entered into the EFL cup

Correct and if in the lower two divisions, it's compulsory to play in the Papa John (or whatever) trophy.

Low attendances and flood lights on; it must cost the home team to stage matches in the early rounds.