IGNORED

Coventry

GrahamC

19 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Yes, cashflow. Deal done with HMRC for now. Though if they have to move I doubt that will be the end of their problems.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/oct/30/coventry-reach-hmrc-agreement-to-cover-stadium-cflow-shortfall

Demonstrates the absolute knife edge on which even decent sized clubs operate. As I mentioned above Coventry have almost exactly as many ST holders as we do. To think that a club that size is just 4 postponed games away from having to deals with HMRC.

Our club may have slightly more stable foundation, and our holding company also owns our stadium (so we'd avoid this particular issue should the Bears go under).

But once all is told and washed out...Bristol City won't be in a wildly different position.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 4

54 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Demonstrates the absolute knife edge on which even decent sized clubs operate. As I mentioned above Coventry have almost exactly as many ST holders as we do. To think that a club that size is just 4 postponed games away from having to deals with HMRC.

Our club may have slightly more stable foundation, and our holding company also owns our stadium (so we'd avoid this particular issue should the Bears go under).

But once all is told and washed out...Bristol City won't be in a wildly different position.

Although the ability to absorb this while SL a) Is at the helm and b) Is willing and able to do so is far greater.

I expect that Coventry under SISU are more self-financing, perhaps much more. Minus SL we would be in a very similar position, perhaps worse. For us read many Championship clubs, perhaps many clubs in general.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Although the ability to absorb this while SL a) Is at the helm and b) Is willing and able to do so is far greater.

I expect that Coventry under SISU are more self-financing, perhaps much more. Minus SL we would be in a very similar position, perhaps worse. For us read many Championship clubs, perhaps many clubs in general.

Yep, posted way back at the start of the season, that I suspect Cov might also be working to the £15m FFP limit, rather than the £39m (backed by owner).  Couple that with Cashflow issues, and you can see them having to sell in January.  Hyam already sold in the last window to Blackburn.

• Like 2