IGNORED

Pearson

Top Robin

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Regardless - he was doing OK initially and then had to work with a woefully below standard squad,  because (largely) of injuries. 

Those early results were deceptive compared to the actual performances in those games. There was bound to be a regression.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, roddy-d said:

DR Balls wiemann has been a very good player ever since he joined bcfc. DR Balls he played wiemann upfront for the first two games. 

I wouldn’t disagree that Andi Weimann is a very good player and one of the best at this level. I have always rated him and I would even suggest that as Bobby Reid’s replacement, he was Ashton’s best bit of recruitment at Ashton Gate. Remember the season when Diedhiou was suspended at the start and AW scored 5 goals playing up front?  But then as soon as Diedhiou was available again LJ shunted Weimann out onto the wing and the goals dried up. That had happened with previous managers too, but Nige played AW in his best position and the return was 22 League goals in one season. That’s appreciating what AW as our most consistent player brings to the team.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, spudski said:

Interesting that he says we aren't a team that can sit back and absorb...and that we are much better on the front foot....if that's the case, then he must have been highly frustrated previously

Said only after last game that we are far better seeing out games when we don't sit back.

Long may this continue.

I'd say that's exactly what we saw previously! Did he not seem to be permanently frustrated for the first 12 months of his tenure?

I'd agree with him. I think last season we tried attack as the better form of defence and it kind of worked, but was rough and ready and not balanced correctly. A little out of control.

This season feels better balanced and more controlled, both going forward and at the back. If this was his concept or vision all along then I can see why he's happier now than he he was back in March.

As for it continuing, well I think we've played some fairly lacklustre opponents so far. I'll be surprised if any of the five we've played finish in the top 10. We've some big tests coming soon, and it will be exciting and interesting to see our style go up against some better teams.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There seems to be a fair few people on here who have forgotten how bad it got under LJ and Holden. 

Very few shots on target let alone goals, game after game... yet are happy to scapegoat Pearson who hasn't, relatively, had a pot to piss in financially yet we are now a team that look like, and have been, scoring every game.

As a club we have needed a massive seachange in structure, finances and expectations.  The club are doing their bit for the first two, yet some fans still can't understand the third bit.

Smacks of entitlement to me, and of people who have no idea how hard it is to win games of football.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 2
  • Robin 1

I, for one, am enjoying watching City for the first time in a while, long may it continue, but, TC, AS etc are young and will make mistakes.

Naismith is making a massive difference at the back and the HNM / Williams partnership looks really good.

Can we keep them all? No idea but the thought of facing TC, AW and Antoine would terrify any defence, which is very harsh on Nahki who was excellent again today.

All about the finances though, as a temperant thought.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, RED4LIFE said:

There seems to be a fair few people on here who have forgotten how bad it got under LJ and Holden. 

Very few shots on target let alone goals, game after game... yet are happy to scapegoat Pearson who hasn't, relatively, had a pot to piss in financially yet we are now a team that look like, and have been, scoring every game.

As a club we have needed a massive seachange in structure, finances and expectations.  The club are doing their bit for the first two, yet some fans still can't understand the third bit.

Smacks of entitlement to me, and of people who have no idea how hard it is to win games of football.

There's many fans who make comments around me each game that are just strange. At the risk of getting abuse, so many football fans really don't understand the game or the laws of it. Constant calls of offside when clearly not, shouting out for fouls when it was a good challenge from the opposing player too. Not understanding how a team works as a shape etc....

Opinions of course, but I truly believe that the gulf in knowledge of what the game involves and how fans understand/ interpret it, is becoming bigger than ever. 

5 minutes ago, Sandhurst Red said:

There's many fans who make comments around me each game that are just strange. At the risk of getting abuse, so many football fans really don't understand the game or the laws of it. Constant calls of offside when clearly not, shouting out for fouls when it was a good challenge from the opposing player too. Not understanding how a team works as a shape etc....

Opinions of course, but I truly believe that the gulf in knowledge of what the game involves and how fans understand/ interpret it, is becoming bigger than ever. 

Completely agree. I hear this every game as well. I wouldn’t claim to be an expert by any means; in fact I still pick up on things now I hadn’t realised. Having a good understanding of the basics though you would kind of think most people have but that’s not necessarily the case. It’s not just us by the way!