IGNORED

Pearson

Top Robin

28 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Yep good performance.....a couple more to follow like that and we can judge properly. 

Shame decisions went against us at Hull. I’m sure we would have had more of a spring in our step against Sunderland had we won up there. 
We’ll be up around the playoffs come the end of the season.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, petehinton said:

Conway would be nowhere near this 11 under anyone else. Scott wouldn’t have been anywhere near this squad last year under anyone else. Same with Ayman and Belly. 

Pearson has had it spot on this season. We are exciting, powerful, quick, and most importantly fun to watch. We’re in for a very good season if all goes well. 

Maybe I’m getting over excited, but I’ve seen nothing this season to be concerned about. And that’s without Kalas or Semenyo.

Agreed mate and some on here don’t think Pearson has moved us on! 

8 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Conway would be nowhere near this 11 under anyone else. Scott wouldn’t have been anywhere near this squad last year under anyone else. Same with Ayman and Belly. 

Pearson has had it spot on this season. We are exciting, powerful, quick, and most importantly fun to watch. We’re in for a very good season if all goes well. 

Maybe I’m getting over excited, but I’ve seen nothing this season to be concerned about. And that’s without Kalas or Semenyo.

Idk about that. Covid and the lack of money means a lot of championship clubs have had to rely on youth a lot more than before. Scott would 100% be playing no matter who was here. 

And credit to NP for making the changes but we did not start with an exciting, powerful and quick XI. 

I don’t mean to be negative but there is a lot of conjecture lately. For the positives of playing Conway and Scott. He has been reluctant to use Wells and Massengo might not have been playing if James never got injured. 

On 13/08/2022 at 19:15, Bar BS3 said:

I'd say that Andi Wiemann having the season of his life gave us that,  despite NP's input,  rather than because of it. 

NP has had the luxury of players like Wiemann being fit throughout his time in charge - as opposed to Holden,  who had a crippling injury list to contend with aswell as all the other problems that you've previously mentioned. 

Whats baffling me is,  if we are just treading water until all our older players run their contracts down,  then why not stick with Dean "cheap option' Holden to do that - rather than get a higher profile manager in to do it,  whilst accepting the inconsistent dross that he's responsible for...? 

Pretty obvious really, Holden was taking us down 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Because he didn't have any decent players fit - obvious really..! 

I agree, but we were in free fall. There’s no way we could have stuck with him. Pearson didn’t exactly set the world alight I admit but he did enough to keep us up, there’s nothing to suggest Holden would have done that

1 minute ago, MarcusX said:

I agree, but we were in free fall. There’s no way we could have stuck with him. Pearson didn’t exactly set the world alight I admit but he did enough to keep us up, there’s nothing to suggest Holden would have done that

It's been utterly dire under NP for 18 months. Only saved from relegation by Andi Wiemann,  who Holden didn't have available. 

Hopefully,  we are starting to now see some (long overdue) improvement in form ?

• Like 3
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

58 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Who would've thought Tommy Conway would be the catalyst for a change in fortune. Him and Wells up front have changed the whole balance of the side. Long may it continue. 

I think the majority of us knew / thought that having mobile strikers like Conway and Wells (instead of Martin) who will press from the front and create space with runs would be much more successful.

Why NP didn’t do this sooner is the puzzle!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

great post Pete.  And that's coupled with him not giving cheap appearances away either.  Bring them into the first team training group, assess, then see if they can handle that first.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

When the second went in today I looked at the bench from the Dolmon  which was opposite me as NP sat there , arms and legs crossed , no drama and total serenity. It really amused me while the stadium took off in jubilation. NP was unmoved. 
totally professional. Seemed one of those moments ?

Him and Euell were playing battleships at one point

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Street red said:

Decent players? The bloke shouldn't of been anywhere near the manager's office!

Regardless - he was doing OK initially and then had to work with a woefully below standard squad,  because (largely) of injuries. 

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

Regardless - he was doing OK initially and then had to work with a woefully below standard squad,  because (largely) of injuries. 

Look at the teams he picked. He had more than enough decent Championship players available each week.

2 hours ago, roddy-d said:

Playing wiemann behind the two forwards has given Pearson his fortune. 

It’s fair to say that Nige has been a very significant part of the Andi Weimann renaissance, to the point of AW returning to the Austrian National squad for the first time in 7 years and then scoring his first international goal against the world champions. He’s been the first manager in a long time either at City or elsewhere to play AW in his best position. That’s not luck.

• Like 7

38 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

It’s fair to say that Nige has been a very significant part of the Andi Weimann renaissance, to the point of AW returning to the Austrian National squad for the first time in 7 years and then scoring his first international goal against the world champions. He’s been the first manager in a long time either at City or elsewhere to play AW in his best position. That’s not luck.

DR Balls wiemann has been a very good player ever since he joined bcfc. DR Balls he played wiemann upfront for the first two games this season.

Edited by roddy-d

3 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Interesting that he says we aren't a team that can sit back and absorb...and that we are much better on the front foot....if that's the case, then he must have been highly frustrated previously. 

Said only after last game that we are far better seeing out games when we don't sit back.

Long may this continue.