IGNORED

3 games a week…

HappyClapper

Following on from the thread about the phrases that annoy on OTIB I thought I would share my fury at the now common assertion that teams play 3 times a week. 

There are 7 days in a week. Playing Saturday, Tuesday/Wednesday and then Saturday is twice a week, the 7 day period ends on Friday!!!

Am I in a minority of 1?

(Won’t be the first time.)

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

3 minutes ago, HappyClapper said:

Following on from the thread about the phrases that annoy on OTIB I thought I would share my fury at the now common assertion that teams play 3 times a week. 

There are 7 days in a week. Playing Saturday, Tuesday/Wednesday and then Saturday is twice a week, the 7 day period ends on Friday!!!

Am I in a minority of 1?

Well I can make that 2 of us.?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, HappyClapper said:

Am I in a minority of 1?

A week from 16.45 on a Saturday is 16.44 the following Saturday

So yes, it is three games in a week

10 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

A week from 16.45 on a Saturday is 16.44 the following Saturday

So yes, it is three games in a week

Your first sentence is correct. Your second would only be correct if we kicked off at 16.45 in the first game and at 15.00 in the “third”. 
Using your example a week from 15.00 one Saturday is 14.59 the next and we haven’t kicked off yet.

Yes I know?

• Admin
45 minutes ago, HappyClapper said:

It's still on the front page, you could have posted this in there!

But I agree with you .... although I sometimes almost join in with the hyperbole, adjusting it to "3 games in just over a week" :D

• Like 2

• Admin
1 minute ago, italian dave said:

There's an awful lot of phrases and words on that thread that people find annoying.

I hope we're not going to get a separate thread on each one on here now.

That would be really annoying. 

We'll probably merge the threads in a bit anyway, you know us ??

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, HappyClapper said:

Am I in a minority of 1?

Yep, if we only played Saturdays all season, no one would talk about the stress and strain of playing twice a week. 

57 minutes ago, HappyClapper said:

Am I in a minority of 1?

Einstein showed that time was relative. In doing so he proved that in football a week is 8 days. I'd explain further but the equations are a bit complicated.?

59 minutes ago, HappyClapper said:

Am I in a minority of 1?

Quite right  a week is Sunday to Saturday, Monday to Sunday n so on...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Einstein showed that time was relative. In doing so he proved that in football a week is 8 days. I'd explain further but the equations are a bit complicated.?

Time does slow down the faster you travel due to momentum bending the fabric of space time.  However I doubt @cidercity1987 is quick enough to make it happen.

3 hours ago, HappyClapper said:

Am I in a minority of 1?

I’m with you HC.

• Like 1