IGNORED

Forest buying 16 players

Show Me The Money!

On 18/08/2022 at 17:53, Show Me The Money! said:

Apologies if this has been discussed already and another apology as this isn’t City related but I’m baffled as to how Forest seem to be not only buying lots of players (16 now) but also spending quite large amounts of money for a newly promoted club that have a ground not really that much bigger than Ashton Gate. How are they able to do this?

I’ve never liked Forest for some reason as they always seem to be one of these clubs that the media seem to kiss the ass off because of Brian Clough and have fans that think they belong in the prem because they won the European cup a couple of times 40 years ago. I’m basically wanting them to get thrashed every week and will be peeved if they stay up because they are basically over spending beyond there means.

Rant over

What a mess if they go down!!

1 hour ago, Super said:

That's so poor by forest.

But to be expected. That's probably not the heaviest defeat they'll have all season.

It's OK though, they have Lingard who definitely didn't just go there for the money, along with 30 others.....

Does anyone know how many of the players who got them promoted are still in the team?  I'm assuming not many at all.  I know it's a huge step up but there is/was no logic in recruiting so many players and losing the whole identity of the team that gained promotion by not at least giving the majority a chance to show what they can do.  I can't imagine Cooper was happy really as he's in effect starting again with a new team, having to deal with his old team being pissed off they arnt playing and all I'd guess on less £££ than the new signings, a complete moral disaster.  If they stay up it will be a miracle 

7 hours ago, Taz said:

But to be expected. That's probably not the heaviest defeat they'll have all season.

It's OK though, they have Lingard who definitely didn't just go there for the money, along with 30 others.....

Well it’s not their heaviest defeat so far, so you’re probably right ?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Does anyone know how many of the players who got them promoted are still in the team?  I'm assuming not many at all.  I know it's a huge step up but there is/was no logic in recruiting so many players and losing the whole identity of the team that gained promotion by not at least giving the majority a chance to show what they can do.  I can't imagine Cooper was happy really as he's in effect starting again with a new team, having to deal with his old team being pissed off they arnt playing and all I'd guess on less £££ than the new signings, a complete moral disaster.  If they stay up it will be a miracle 

McKenna, Cook and Johnson.

Yates came on at h-t, Worrall and Surridge unused subs.

So 14/20 newcomers, still means 9 new signings (minus any injuries) aren’t even getting kitted up.

Can only imagine squad disharmony looming, if not happening already. Who’d have guessed?

Its ok getting promoted using loanees, but it leaves a big gap on promotion, unless you’re Wolves / Mendes, where you know the loanees will sign on again.

Easy to criticise recruitment, so I will!!!  One, it’s just so many. Two, they paid over the odds for some. Three, how many were ready for the Prem?

• Like 1