IGNORED

Forest buying 16 players

Show Me The Money!

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

McKenna, Cook and Johnson.

Yates came on at h-t, Worrall and Surridge unused subs.

So 14/20 newcomers, still means 9 new signings (minus any injuries) aren’t even getting kitted up.

Can only imagine squad disharmony looming, if not happening already. Who’d have guessed?

Its ok getting promoted using loanees, but it leaves a big gap on promotion, unless you’re Wolves / Mendes, where you know the loanees will sign on again.

Easy to criticise recruitment, so I will!!!  One, it’s just so many. Two, they paid over the odds for some. Three, how many were ready for the Prem?

And 4, some like Lingard clearly came for the money 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

McKenna, Cook and Johnson.

Yates came on at h-t, Worrall and Surridge unused subs.

So 14/20 newcomers, still means 9 new signings (minus any injuries) aren’t even getting kitted up.

Can only imagine squad disharmony looming, if not happening already. Who’d have guessed?

Its ok getting promoted using loanees, but it leaves a big gap on promotion, unless you’re Wolves / Mendes, where you know the loanees will sign on again.

Easy to criticise recruitment, so I will!!!  One, it’s just so many. Two, they paid over the odds for some. Three, how many were ready for the Prem?

Is Mark A's brother involved ?

17 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Assuming they’ve accepted relegation, he’d need to then get them up and then keep them up to still be there. So maybe 15/1

No club accepts relegation after 8 matches when they are only 2 points from safety.

Ridiculous thing to say.

2 hours ago, Super said:

Cooper signs a new contract until 2025. Odds on him staying until then?!

Perhaps it's a case of giving him a nice shiny new contract so he gets a bit more compo when he's sacked.

I just find it bizarre that earlier in the week there were stories about how uncertain his future was, and he's signed a new contract. 

He should be given time seeing how well he's done to get them to where they are, but that isn't how football works is it? 

Either he was due for contract talks following their promotion, assuming there was no promotion clauses in the original one, or the board have accepted that they'll probably go down anyway, and by keeping/standing by  Cooper through relegation, they'll hope to do a Norwich with Farke, and come back up even stronger.

Does seem a bit strange with regards to timing though.

On 07/10/2022 at 14:10, Taz said:

Perhaps it's a case of giving him a nice shiny new contract so he gets a bit more compo when he's sacked.

I just find it bizarre that earlier in the week there were stories about how uncertain his future was, and he's signed a new contract. 

He should be given time seeing how well he's done to get them to where they are, but that isn't how football works is it? 

Either he was due for contract talks following their promotion, assuming there was no promotion clauses in the original one, or the board have accepted that they'll probably go down anyway, and by keeping/standing by  Cooper through relegation, they'll hope to do a Norwich with Farke, and come back up even stronger.

Does seem a bit strange with regards to timing though.

They wanted him to sign a new deal for months, and why not given the charge to winning the play-offs, decent football and the Cup run last year!

He was not for signing, recently they reportedly withdrew it...but seems the two have been able to get it back together again.

https://www.nottinghamforest.news-report-makes-contract-claim-about-steve-cooper-and-the-forest-hierarchy

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

They wanted him to sign a new deal for months, and why not given the charge to winning the play-offs, decent foorball and the Cup run last year!

He was not for signing, recently they reportedly withdrew it...but seems the two have been able to get it back together again.

https://www.nottinghamforest.news-report-makes-contract-claim-about-steve-cooper-and-the-forest-hierarchy

Also interesting is that I've just seen they've sacked their head of recruitment AND head scout, after questions are being asked about the summers business.

Owners clearly not laying the blame at Coopers door. Very interesting at Forest....

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Taz said:

Also interesting is that I've just seen they've sacked their head of recruitment AND head scout, after questions are being asked about the summers business.

Owners clearly not laying the blame at Coopers door. Very interesting at Forest....

It certainly is.

My take is as I said before, at least in part it's quite a gamble. IF they get through to Year 2 unscathed ie wirh PL status intact that squad can steadily gel and grow.  Technically speaking their signings are from a decent level or have room for growth in a lot of cases...

It includes signings from the PL, Championship, Bundesliga, Serie A and Ligue 1, some with experience of European competition too. Key for me for them is staying up in Year 1 and moulding an identity of some kind from a combination of good existing players and a decent chunk of the new players.

If you can stay up Year 1 and see signs of harmony and cohesion then you can tweak moving forward.

• Like 1