IGNORED

Were you there?

Alan Dicks

23 hours ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Let's give a proper Welsh winger a mention Howard Pritchard played a blinder at Wembley 

Pritchard

That is a name I will never forget

When I was a kid there was this boy who had a paper round on our estate 

This boy was abit on the simple side and that is being nice!!

Anyway EVERY time he put a newspaper through a door he would shout "1 nil Pritchard" This happened on every door every day As this was around 6.30am he did get a few complaints 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Negan said:

Jesus Christ you're all ancient mind. 

Three consecutive relegations, near-extinction and winding up, Newport '82, two seasons in the 4th div, 1:7 at Northampton, playing second fiddle to the Few, 10 consecutive games (not including Glos Cup - what’s that you say? Ask yer Grandfer) and 4 years without a win v the Few, runners up to the bloody Few, hammered by the Few at "their" place, ten years pissing and pfaffing about losing to Gillingham and Walsall to get back to this level, Millwall away when it put hairs on yer chest and bricks through yer coach window, those of us that followed through the 80s are warriors and heroes and yes, we have aged a bit (just read that again: three-consecutive-relegations) but we are still here, hard as ****, City as ****, seen it all, think-this-is-bad-you-ain't-seen-nothing-yet-bbbbbbabber, the diametric opposites of "snowflakes" - we are old, but we're still here. And the club's still here because we were here/there (every ****ing where) back then.

They don't make 'um like us anymore (hey, put yer phone down. I haven’t finished .....)

• Like 4
  • Haha 5
  • Flames 1

26 minutes ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

Three consecutive relegations, near-extinction and winding up, Newport '82, two seasons in the 4th div, 1:7 at Northampton, playing second fiddle to the Few, 10 consecutive games (not including Glos Cup - what’s that you say? Ask yer Grandfer) and 4 years without a win v the Few, runners up to the bloody Few, hammered by the Few at "their" place, ten years pissing and pfaffing about losing to Gillingham and Walsall to get back to this level, Millwall away when it put hairs on yer chest and bricks through yer coach window, those of us that followed through the 80s are warriors and heroes and yes, we have aged a bit (just read that again: three-consecutive-relegations) but we are still here, hard as ****, City as ****, seen it all, think-this-is-bad-you-ain't-seen-nothing-yet-bbbbbbabber, the diametric opposites of "snowflakes" - we are old, but we're still here. And the club's still here because we were here/there (every ****ing where) back then.

They don't make 'um like us anymore (hey, put yer phone down. I haven’t finished .....)

Yep remember all that , and every away game seemed to be chesterfield & Oldham away , always freezing and very often a night game . Often losing 

but honestly loved it .

On 19/08/2022 at 14:24, SecretSam said:

Mind you, that pitch...and I recall the game being in better definition when I was there. 

This really meant something to the club and supporters. A great day out at Wemberley and history was made. 
The subsequent appearances in the final were all a bit of anticlimax after the first. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

If we would have kept howard pritch for a extra season, instead of signing the penalty king gordon owen.

The history books might have been very diffrent.

There was a teacher at ashton park called pritchard.

There was some unflattering graffiti about his personal hygene, sprayed in the tunnel, by the school for years!

Poor old Gordon Owen, apart from two costly penalty misses, he was a very tidy winger and played a big part in whatever success we had at the time. 
At least he had the balls to take them. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

You’re probably in bed asleep now as it’s gone 9 but well done ya relic. Proper fan :clap:

• Haha 1

On 20/08/2022 at 14:54, Major Isewater said:

Poor old Gordon Owen, apart from two costly penalty misses, he was a very tidy winger and played a big part in whatever success we had at the time. 
At least he had the balls to take them. 

Absolutely, I had nothing but respect for him for stepping up, especially at Wembley.

And he was a really useful player.

On 20/08/2022 at 13:58, Bristol Oil Services said:

I can't claim to have seen the old Div 4 days, only started going regularly in around '84.

But those days put today's position in context. And today's pitches, stadia, treatment by police and relations with away fans, fitness and quality of players, coverage...

Anyway, anyone harking on about "the good old days"...just don't, unless you were there.

Now, where's my ******* Horlicks?