IGNORED

Were you there?

Alan Dicks

Just now, SecretSam said:

Mind you, that pitch...and I recall the game being in better definition when I was there. 

Ha. I'm somewhere on the pitch mobbing the players at the end, but which three pixels I am, I couldn't tell you. Now if that footage was part of a CSI episode, they'd be able to zoom in and tell you how many pimples you had on your chin.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Ha. I'm somewhere on the pitch mobbing the players at the end, but which three pixels I am, I couldn't tell you. Now if that footage was part of a CSI episode, they'd be able to zoom in and tell you how many pimples you had on your chin.

I can pick myself out as I was wearing a very fetching sheepskin coat ? (Remember them  ?)

• Haha 1

One of my most enjoyable ever city games, I was supposed to meet my wife and her sister up at Racks in Clifton for a meal to celebrate her birthday she was already a bit peeved that I was going to the match but I said I would be there for 10 o clock, well when I turned up 40 minutes late I was expecting the worse but she had heard it had gone to extra time and she said when she saw how ecstatic I was she didn't have the heart to complain. happy memories.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, pillred said:

One of my most enjoyable ever city games, I was supposed to meet my wife and her sister up at Racks in Clifton for a meal to celebrate her birthday she was already a bit peeved that I was going to the match but I said I would be there for 10 o clock, well when I turned up 40 minutes late I was expecting the worse but she had heard it had gone to extra time and she said when she saw how ecstatic I was she didn't have the heart to complain. happy memories.

You’re not Ryan Giggs are you ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was in the grandstand above the enclosure. I recall several Hereford players dropping to their knees when the late winner was scored. I think that was the first time I had witnessed such despair in footballers in the flesh, as obviously the Hereford players were well psyched up to want to play at Wembley. 

5 minutes ago, RedM said:

I was there too. I really wish we had the means to take photos and video like we can now back then. Great days.

Catch 22...we probably wouldn't have been in the moment and remembered so well, if you'd been on your phone.

I've got so many great memories of games, gigs, events where I was just in the moment. Less..when I was trying to video or photograph.

There's definitely a backlash where bands especially are asking people to put their phones away and just get in the moment.

I watched a video of Tears for Fears at Goldiggers at Chippenham recently In 1985. I was there...I can remember it like yesterday...it's in my head like a photo album/ video. It was weird watching it from a filmed point of view.

Something's are best left just in your head/ memory imo ?☺️?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, spudski said:

Catch 22...we probably wouldn't have been in the moment and remembered so well, if you'd been on your phone.

I've got so many great memories of games, gigs, events where I was just in the moment. Less..when I was trying to video or photograph.

There's definitely a backlash where bands especially are asking people to put their phones away and just get in the moment.

I watched a video of Tears for Fears at Goldiggers at Chippenham recently In 1985. I was there...I can remember it like yesterday...it's in my head like a photo album/ video. It was weird watching it from a filmed point of view.

All around you were familiar faces ?

• Like 1

Me and quite a few mates from Minehead there that night, in the enclosure.

After what we’d been through the thought of us playing at Wembley was unreal. Bearing in mind having the final there was a very new thing and before that it was just the FA and league cup that got you there, so not that many clubs from the lower leagues had ever played there.

9 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

After what we’d been through the thought of us playing at Wembley was unreal. Bearing in mind having the final there was a very new thing and before that it was just the FA and league cup that got you there, so not that many clubs from the lower leagues had ever played there.

Bear in mind that I don't think the pray-offs existed then, either.

10 hours ago, spudski said:

I think like so many things, it is best in moderation.

Using a gig as an example, being able to take a quick snap as the headliners come on stage is a great thing to look back on. But watching an entire set through a phone screen ruins the event and, as you say, you almost certainly wont have the same memories.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Bear in mind that I don't think the pray-offs existed then, either.

True, and when they did start it was a few years before they had Wembley finals. A trip to Wembley in those days meant England or major cup finals.

I can remember walking up Wembley way seeing loads of City flags and scarves and having to pinch myself 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, spudski said:

I agree with all of that. I was at Coldplay at Wembley a week ago and they stopped mid song and asked people to put their phones away and just enjoy the moment for one song, and it was refreshing.

I was referring more to having photos of the ground etc rather than match action to look back on. Yes I have memories but it's getting harder to recall some things now, hopefully this is the same for everyone and I shouldn't be concerned

• Like 1

one of my best moments as a young lad following city. Always remember walking from edger street after the first leg gutted and upset and me uncle saying dont worry we will turn it around in the second leg. Boy what a night that was always remember my uncle lifting me over the grandstand wall to celebrate.could not wait to go to school the next day which was very rare?