IGNORED

Cardiff tickets

MattWSM

1 minute ago, MattWSM said:

I cant see another thread on this but expect there is.

Appreciate they have sold their tickets but what was the allocation ?

I’ve seen 1400 mentioned,  but that seems a bit small in a 4,000 seater stand.

Don’t know how many toilet redesign engineers will be included.

After the damage last season Cardiff said that they were going to increase the booking fee from £1 to £2 to pay for the damage.

This doesn’t appear to have been implemented, I wonder if they ever paid for the damage and how much?

10 minutes ago, richyy66 said:

2,200 tickets allocated and sold..

Not doubting you, but where is that mentioned?

I can’t see it with a quick google search.

Is 2,200 a regular allocation?

3 minutes ago, Countryfile said:

After the damage last season Cardiff said that they were going to increase the booking fee from £1 to £2 to pay for the damage.

This doesn’t appear to have been implemented, I wonder if they ever paid for the damage and how much?

Pretty sure they covered it by increasing prices for a couple of matches after it happened (not sure if that was home or away).

• Admin
44 minutes ago, richyy66 said:

2,200 tickets allocated and sold..

Sunderland were offered 3338 but did not sell out. 

I was under the impression that this was the allocation bigger support now received 

Cardiff sold out ten days ago 

51 minutes ago, MattWSM said:

I cant see another thread on this but expect there is.

Appreciate they have sold their tickets but what was the allocation ?

Screenshot_20220818-201634_Twitter.jpg

52 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Are we looking at a slightly disappointing crowd on our end? Haven’t seen the usual braggadocios tone from club social media  

In the Cardiff press conference their manager said that they have sold their away allocation and we have sold over 20,000 in the home end so will probably end up 22k/23k . A lot of people on social media saying their not going due to the high ticket prices .

30 minutes ago, Wiltshire robin said:

In the Cardiff press conference their manager said that they have sold their away allocation and we have sold over 20,000 in the home end so will probably end up 22k/23k . A lot of people on social media saying their not going due to the high ticket prices .

It's 20K total sales:

"Twenty-thousand supporters will make their way through the turnstiles in BS3 for one of the most highly anticipated fixtures of the season. "

I think we might make 21k. Hopefully any Cardiff fans in the home stands will be sensible enough not to draw attention to themselves.

21 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Hopefully any Cardiff fans in the home stands will be sensible enough not to draw attention to themselves.

Can't risk indecision. Any one near me who doesn't stink of cider and jump up like a madman everytime we win a corner gets lamped. Ask questions later.

Fair enough right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

29 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Still loads of people on holiday plus game on Sky and very early kick off, so I doubt they’ll be 20,000 in the ground but official attendance will say there is.

Ralph - you're right. I've actually given up in thinking in terms of how many people will actually be there: certainly before the game anyway.

• Like 1

• Admin
2 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

Still loads of people on holiday plus game on Sky and very early kick off, so I doubt they’ll be 20,000 in the ground but official attendance will say there is.

We hear this phrase about lots of people still being on holiday 

Surely that's just a mythical line that gets used at the start of every season and around Bank Holidays? 

I thought the majority of people were struggling with the cost of living? 

15 hours ago, phantom said:

Sunderland were offered 3338 but did not sell out. 

I was under the impression that this was the allocation bigger support now received 

Cardiff sold out ten days ago 

Screenshot_20220818-201634_Twitter.jpg

Sunderland were offered the maximum amount as they were likely to sell them and we had no previous concerns with their fans. Cardiff is obviously very different. We offer a lower capacity due to what has happened in the past and to try to avoid problems.

In short we could sell the tickets and take the money but have made the decision not to, no doubt with Police advice etc. Safety is first before £££'s

9 hours ago, phantom said:

We hear this phrase about lots of people still being on holiday 

Surely that's just a mythical line that gets used at the start of every season and around Bank Holidays? 

I thought the majority of people were struggling with the cost of living? 

Not mythical at all, there were a few that sit around me on Tuesday on holiday, 3 that I usually meet at half time we’re on holiday.

see loads of city fans and others on holiday down here in Devon, I know some of them could still go. Go to Bristol airport any morning and see the queues. Trust me there’s still loads of people taking expensive holidays.

You only had to see the amount of empty seats around the ground on Tuesday, a good number of them must have been on holiday, or do you think they’ve given up on city after one home game? 

• Like 3

• Admin
23 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

Not mythical at all, there were a few that sit around me on Tuesday on holiday, 3 that I usually meet at half time we’re on holiday.

Do you think they’ve given up on city after one home game? 

I get that some people will be on holiday, but around me over a season there's people who are on holiday or have other commitments throughout a season 

As for the seats, more than likely they just weren't sold

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RedM said:

Sunderland were offered the maximum amount as they were likely to sell them and we had no previous concerns with their fans. Cardiff is obviously very different. We offer a lower capacity due to what has happened in the past and to try to avoid problems.

In short we could sell the tickets and take the money but have made the decision not to, no doubt with Police advice etc. Safety is first before £££'s

That makes perfect sense.  Ta

5 hours ago, INCRED said:

If I was the club I would have banned Cardiff fans for this game due to the damage caused last season

15 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Then they'd probably reciprocate and ban away fans at their place for the return game. Nobody wins.

Would either of us be allowed to? EFL rules, 10% allocation to away fans etc. 

9 minutes ago, Talladira Red said:

Anyone know why I can’t buy tickets for tomorrow now. I could at 2pm but the option has now gone at 3:40.

Please tell me it’s an EFL thing and not because some ******* hasn’t told the website we play tomorrow and we haven’t already kicked off.

Still available to purchase...

Screenshot_20220820-160543-868.png