IGNORED

Bristol City Winning Champions League AI Imagined

TBW

Something a bit random for your Friday evening.

Not sure if any of you have heard of AI generated images but well, there's a bot in development at the moment on which you type in an example description and it'll develop a basic image around that description...

Naturally I typed in "bristol city football club winning champions league".

Now, I'm not sure whether it's kinda cool, or the AI bot was taking the piss out of me by saying, nah not even AI can make that happen.

But anyway, thought a few here might be intrigued to see one of the better images it threw out.

ufdIcbc.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TBW said:

Not sure if any of you have heard of AI generated images but well, there's a bot in development at the moment on which you type in an example description and it'll develop a basic image around that description...

Now, I'm not sure whether it's kinda cool, or the AI bot was taking the piss out of me by saying, nah not even AI can make that happen.

But anyway, thought a few here might be intrigued to see one of the better images it threw out.

ufdIcbc.png

what is the url of the AI bot you are using? The one I've used is making very scary looking images ...

1 hour ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

What’s the point?  It ain’t real…

Wrap it up guys, pretty much all film, art, literature, and more is apparently pointless!

38 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

what is the url of the AI bot you are using? The one I've used is making very scary looking images ...

Given the image resolution 640x640 I'd guess at "Stable Diffusion" rather than the much better known DALL-E, as I think it only generates square images around that size, but that is just a guess!

Edited by IAmNick
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Pretty much every image you see presented to you from outer space is the same.

The image made from information given to a computer to translate into a ' photograph '.

Every time they say here's a new black hole or star system etc..it's not an actual photograph. Just computer imagery.

Yet the majority of the population will think it's an actual photograph.

So much goes on like this...

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, TBW said:

ufdIcbc.png

All I take from that is that when we do win the champions league the clouds are about to piss down on us and football is played in trousers instead of shorts 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, spudski said:

The image made from information given to a computer to translate into a ' photograph '.

Every time they say here's a new black hole or star system etc..it's not an actual photograph. Just computer imagery.

Space images are based on real information though.

https://www.inverse.com/science/how-is-a-space-image-processed

57 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

All I take from that is that when we do win the champions league the clouds are about to piss down on us and football is played in trousers instead of shorts 

Yep. Thats the future. Will happen within a season of the last otib poster dying. Guaranteed.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, IAmNick said:

Wrap it up guys, pretty much all film, art, literature, and more is apparently pointless!

Given the image resolution 640x640 I'd guess at "Stable Diffusion" rather than the much better known DALL-E, as I think it only generates square images around that size, but that is just a guess!

Thanks for that. I don't know if they've cherry-picked the best 0.0000001% of the AI images, but https://openai.com/blog/dall-e/ looks amazing.

9 hours ago, spudski said:

That's ridiculous. It's like saying because the city highlights are digitally captured they're not real video.

The information that produces them is still real, it's just processed. They're not even slightly comparable to purely AI generated images.

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to either space imagery or AI.

8 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Thanks for that. I don't know if they've cherry-picked the best 0.0000001% of the AI images, but https://openai.com/blog/dall-e/ looks amazing.

They're pretty amazing - there are some you can try out yourself! Have a go with a cut down version here: https://www.craiyon.com/

There's some skill in writing the prompts. You can put things like "realistic" or an artist name as well - anything you can think of really. Here's "Ashton gate in the style of Salvador Dali"

image.png.8959ad70f3d6a469e4d29e5b4ba04f5b.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Space images are based on real information though.

https://www.inverse.com/science/how-is-a-space-image-processed

Ai images are also based on real information.

They are fed millions of real images and information at the start. And they use that real information to translate and generate new images based on the information they were initially fed.

Of course images from space are using actual information, so the image shown is a direct translation.

The point I was trying to make...was that many people still think space images are actual photographs.