IGNORED

August Bank Holiday

22A

OK, we're at Blackpool on the Saturday, but I'd appreciate another Lancashire team away on BH Monday or a home game then.

Play the game in the afternoon and it may well improve the attendance,  benefitting the club.

Last time City has a game on BH Monday, it was Colchester away and a good following was expected.  The week before however, the game was postponed as the Police had a music festival to attend and decided they did not have enough resources for the football as well. The game was played on the Tuesday night with, obviously, a lot less City fans making the journey.

3 hours ago, 22A said:

OK, we're at Blackpool on the Saturday, but I'd appreciate another Lancashire team away on BH Monday or a home game then.

Play the game in the afternoon and it may well improve the attendance,  benefitting the club.

Last time City has a game on BH Monday, it was Colchester away and a good following was expected.  The week before however, the game was postponed as the Police had a music festival to attend and decided they did not have enough resources for the football as well. The game was played on the Tuesday night with, obviously, a lot less City fans making the journey.

And don't forget a Bank Holiday is a normal working day for many of us,  so no to a Monday afternoon from me.

• Like 2

Well I think the early fixtures are great as far as I am concerned.

Start your car journey in day light and get back home just as the sun is going to bed.

Hull 4 and half hours

Wigan three hours

Blackpool 3 and half hours

Blackburn 3 and half hours

Norwich is the only fly in the ointment with a five hour for a mid week game

Burnley 3 and half hours

As far as train travel is concerned,there can be no more than TWENTY city fans that will travel by train for fixtures north of Birmingham

3 hours ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Think you are a bit light on the travel times John. Add on at least 30 minutes to each. Wigan in 3 hours. No way.

Norwich is do-able in 5 hours - I did it in just over 4 one Sunday afternoon from Bristol with a very quick toilet break at South Mimms (was living up there at the time and had gone back home to see the parents and watch a game, as I still had a season ticket at the time!) 

It's also not unusual to spend best part of half a day driving to and from though, as you usually hit traffic in any one of about 4 different hotshots!!

5 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

Well I think the early fixtures are great as far as I am concerned.

Start your car journey in day light and get back home just as the sun is going to bed.

Hull 4 and half hours

Wigan three hours

Blackpool 3 and half hours

Blackburn 3 and half hours

Norwich is the only fly in the ointment with a five hour for a mid week game

Burnley 3 and half hours

As far as train travel is concerned,there can be no more than TWENTY city fans that will travel by train for fixtures north of Birmingham

last time I got the train to Preston, change at Brum, there were lots of fans on the train, easily 100

5 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Took me 7 hours to get to norwich once in the fa cup.

Got in for the last twenty mins.

Now that is a nightmare drive.

That’s nothing, we didn’t get back from Norwich until the next day. The whole coach load got taken into police custody somewhere up around Luton. 
They wouldn’t let us out until about 10:00. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Took me 7 hours to get to norwich once in the fa cup.

Got in for the last twenty mins.

Now that is a nightmare drive.

Was that back in the early 1990s, lost 2-1?

I drove there myself, but left very early and, as far as I recall, had a very smooth drive.

I also spent a very enjoyable evening in Norwich town centre.

13 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Was sleet snow on the m25 Phil. Think 2 coaches had this  issue

That would explain it.

I was surprised to read about ‘sleet/snow’, as my recollection was of driving along quiet roads in the countryside in lovely winter sunshine, but I avoided The M25 and went via Milton Keynes.

On 21/08/2022 at 14:16, 22A said:

It's annoying to see the national League and all below that are playing on Monday afternoon instead of Tuesday or Wednesday evening.