IGNORED

Wycombe Changes?

Port Said Red

2 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Atkinson will be rested. Complaining about his groin and needed “work” on it at half time. I can see 6-7 changes.

Ideally I’d have liked to keep Vyner, Atkinson and Naismith together, but if Rob needs a rest, then Timm Klose can come in.

What he does with the remaining 7 outfield players I don’t mind.  I’d keep Bentley in goal though, harsh as that might be on Max.

Difficult . We got three games a week until the international break then the World Cup . On one hand I’d be happy to play the u23’s & go out v Wycombe because there’s so much football to be played. However winning is a habit . I worry about injuries to key players though rather than winning the game . 

I would absolutely ring the changes and get the ‘main’ lads a rest pre Blackpool away. I’d stick to our usual formation though so players can continue to familiarise.

O’Leary

Wilson Vyner Klose Towler Pring
                King        Kadji

Weimann

Martin         Bell

I don’t think we will do this, but I’d love to see it. It’s a free hit in my book.

On 21/08/2022 at 21:16, BCFCGav said:

I would absolutely ring the changes and get the ‘main’ lads a rest pre Blackpool away. I’d stick to our usual formation though so players can continue to familiarise.

O’Leary

Wilson Vyner Klose Towler Pring
                King        Kadji

Weimann

Martin         Bell

I don’t think we will do this, but I’d love to see it. It’s a free hit in my book.

It's certainly been a intense start to the season for players coming out of pre season training, a few aches and pains I am sure.

There are some who like to play and run off those pains though, I think Naismith and Wiemann are examples of that. What we don't see though is whether Pearson sees enough in training from some of those you mention to push into contention.

I certainly would rest Scott and Conway, I guess they can be on the bench if needed. I like the idea of having King in there if you are going to play Kadji or even Owers, to talk them through the game.

Wilson looked really fit when he came on against Cardiff, so I think he's a definite. Pring left? Or even in a back three? And using Tanner on the left? 

I think it will be interesting and I think we may even see some names on the bench, Araoya? Francis? Who knows?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

He has to at least start the subs so Tanner and Wilson (if both can be accommodated), O’Leary, Klose, King, Pring and Martin all have to start, surely? Something like:

O’Leary

Tanner Klose Pring

Wilson King Massengo Dasilva

Martin Bell

A forward line of Martin Bell? That's news to me.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

He has to at least start the subs so Tanner and Wilson (if both can be accommodated), O’Leary, Klose, King, Pring and Martin all have to start, surely? Something like:

O’Leary

Tanner Klose Pring

Wilson King Massengo Dasilva

Martin Bell

Certainly wouldn’t play weinmann or Conway. Would like to see Wells continue. Am I right in thinking Wilson can play LWB which if the case Tanner could play RWB and Pring LCB

• Like 2

U-21s playing at 14.00 today so, as someone else has said, that should give us an indication of who will be involved tomorrow.

Maybe Towler and Kadji will be involved tomorrow rather than todays game ?

Team for Wycombe could be along the lines of;

..................O'Leary

....Vyner  Klose  Towler

Wilson  King  Kadji  Pring

...........Massengo

........Martin  Wells

8 changes from the Cardiff starting team but only 4 that weren't involved.

Conway was kicked and fouled throughout the Cardiff game, Weimann ran himself into the ground and I think was carrying a slight injury, Atkinson picked up a groin strain. All those will need a rest.

Williams won't be playing, and James looks to be out still.

Klose needs game time and Naismith has played every minute so far I think.

Like to see Tanner get some game time as well.

37 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Weimann has to play, because he never stops running.

God only knows what will happen if we ask him to stop. 

An event horizon could be unleashed.

You've been warned. ?

Why risk him tomorrow he’s too important to how we play. We play seven games between now and 17 September when the season breaks for international fixtures. Wycombe are a tough physical team , we can do without an injury to weinmann. 

50 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Weimann has to play, because he never stops running.

God only knows what will happen if we ask him to stop. 

An event horizon could be unleashed.

You've been warned. ?

They put a giant hamster wheel besides the dugout and he just keeps going.

• Like 1

Bell rumoured to be injured.  Not heard anything from club though, and rumour didn’t specify what injury it was, could’ve been minor.

Palmer-Holden is on loan at Chippenham, so won’t be eligible for our first team.  Reason he’s not selected today is because he played Saturday and they have a game tonight.

I’m sure Kadji will be with first team, Olly Thomas and Raph Araoye maybe too?

• Thanks 1

Just now, Davefevs said:

Bell rumoured to be injured.  Not heard anything from club though, and rumour didn’t specify what injury it was, could’ve been minor.

Palmer-Holden is on loan at Chippenham, so won’t be eligible for our first team.  Reason he’s not selected today is because he played Saturday and they have a game tonight.

I’m sure Kadji will be with first team, Olly Thomas and Raph Araoye maybe too?

Expected Towler to be with first team tomorrow.

Kadji nailed on for at least a sub appearance tomorrow I would think.

Interesting re Araoye, he featured in pre-season a couple of times at LCB, still only 17 isn't he ? Looks a lot older given his size. Maybe we'll see him tomorrow ?

51 minutes ago, daored said:

Why risk him tomorrow he’s too important to how we play. We play seven games between now and 17 September when the season breaks for international fixtures. Wycombe are a tough physical team , we can do without an injury to weinmann. 

Apologies. Ay wuz been sarcaaaaaaaaaaastic. 

• Hmmm 1

2 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Expected Towler to be with first team tomorrow.

Kadji nailed on for at least a sub appearance tomorrow I would think.

Interesting re Araoye, he featured in pre-season a couple of times at LCB, still only 17 isn't he ? Looks a lot older given his size. Maybe we'll see him tomorrow ?

I’ve obviously no idea, but I don’t reckon Towler plays today if he’s with the squad tomorrow.

On 21/08/2022 at 21:07, steviestevieneville said:

Difficult . We got three games a week until the international break then the World Cup . On one hand I’d be happy to play the u23’s & go out v Wycombe because there’s so much football to be played. However winning is a habit . I worry about injuries to key players though rather than winning the game . 

Two games per week you mean 

• Flames 1

These are the sort of games where manager’s earn their money. It’s easy to just completely change the starting line up but as the season is so early, this is where partnerships are formed, improved or consolidated. Would you mix up the back 3 after 2 clean sheets and put Pring or Klose in? or drop Wells, Weimann or Conway to accommodate Martin? I really don’t know what the best option would be but it’s a nice headache to have…