IGNORED

Wycombe Changes?

Port Said Red

16 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

With Rd3 not until w/c 7th Nov, I’m really hoping we progress.  I want us to go pretty strong whilst being careful with fatigue.  A big game for Dave Rennie and team!!!

There's always the incentive of prize money and TV money if we get the right draw.

• Like 1

For the first time in a very long time, our squad looks like it could put out various starting 11's that would look strong.

We have strength in depth, albeit within a small squad. 

We now have a squad of players who are well-suited to our formation and system. 

I'm expecting changes at wing back (both sides), and King to play in midfield, and possibly a strike force of Martin and Bell. 

I think Weimann and Williams will be rested. 

Robins uncut hints at a few returning from injury. It's likely too early for Semenyo, but Matty James could return to the squad. 

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Bell rumoured to be injured.  Not heard anything from club though, and rumour didn’t specify what injury it was, could’ve been minor.

Palmer-Holden is on loan at Chippenham, so won’t be eligible for our first team.  Reason he’s not selected today is because he played Saturday and they have a game tonight.

I’m sure Kadji will be with first team, Olly Thomas and Raph Araoye maybe too?

Bell fully involved in training in latest video Dave ??

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Bell rumoured to be injured.  Not heard anything from club though, and rumour didn’t specify what injury it was, could’ve been minor.

Palmer-Holden is on loan at Chippenham, so won’t be eligible for our first team.  Reason he’s not selected today is because he played Saturday and they have a game tonight.

I’m sure Kadji will be with first team, Olly Thomas and Raph Araoye maybe too?

Muscle problem, but clearly he is back now, which is good news.

Weimann (& Kalas) both conspicuous by their absence in the latest Robins Uncut, hope Andi is just resting after apparently being very doubtful for Cardiff, be amazed if he’s involved at all tomorrow.

Kadji, Bell & possibly James back does add a few numbers to the squad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I’m in the minority as would make as many changes as I possibly could. If offered a point from Saturday or a win tomorrow, I rather take the point.

O’Leary

Wilson  Tanner Klose Atkinson Pring

King   Kadji   James

Martin             Bell

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

I’m in the minority as would make as many changes as I possibly could. If offered a point from Saturday or a win tomorrow, I rather take the point.

O’Leary

Wilson  Tanner Klose Atkinson Pring

King   Kadji   James

Martin             Bell

Totally agree about a draw at Blackpool over winning tomorrow but would make a few less changes than that.

Never understood why you need to rest a keeper, so would play Bentley.

Tough on Tanner but wouldn’t want to play him out of position so would retain Vyner.

Would probably go with HNM because he hasn’t played a lot of football, & up top go with Wells for an hour.

Bentley

Wilson Vyner Klose Naismith Pring

King HNM James

Martin Wells.

Tanner & Bell on at some point.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Totally agree about a draw at Blackpool over winning tomorrow but would make a few less changes than that.

Never understood why you need to rest a keeper, so would play Bentley.

Tough on Tanner but wouldn’t want to play him out of position so would retain Vyner.

Would probably go with HNM because he hasn’t played a lot of football, & up top go with Wells for an hour.

Bentley

Wilson Vyner Klose Naismith Pring

King HNM James

Martin Wells.

Tanner & Bell on at some point.

You don't "rest" a keeper, you rotate to give your backup some game time and keep the competition for the shirt healthy

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

You don't "rest" a keeper, you rotate to give your backup some game time and keep the competition for the shirt healthy

Yep, but I think we see Bajic as back up, he isn’t fit yet & so personally I’d stick with Bentley.

We’ll see what NP thinks at quarter to seven.

15 hours ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Wilson can play LWB so possibly Tanner at RWB and Pring as a centre back meaning Naismith can have a rest ?

It's an option, but changing Naismith too would mean replacing two defenders out of three + the goalkeeper: maybe too much, considering that Wycombe play at home and should be quite good despite being one level below?

I can see the argument for both making changes and trying to keep it the same. Think I’d sway towards keeping the core of the team the same and maybe rotating the wide players. I think giving Weimann and Scott a rest would be sensible, they’ve played a lot of football over the last however many months. Would be good to see Wilson and Pring get some minutes! Can always make changes in the second half if needed, feeling confident COYR! 

15 hours ago, Davefevs said:

With Rd3 not until w/c 7th Nov, I’m really hoping we progress.  I want us to go pretty strong whilst being careful with fatigue.  A big game for Dave Rennie and team!!!

I'd keep the same line-up as the weekend, I'd give Scott a rest, bring in Wilson on that flank,  I'd give one of the back three a rest maybe Atkinson for Klose, Bell & Martin upfront, with Weiman behind, Joe Williams needs games if he's fit enough he's fit enough.   That being said I don't think that's the way Person works he wont make that many changes I don't think.

Edited by Lorenzos Only Goal