IGNORED

2 in & keep AS & Scott and just maybe

Better Red

The squad is definitely thin. 
In an ideal world, we would change nearly the whole team for Wednesday at Wycombe with a league game at Blackpool next Saturday and then two more games the following week. But I’m not sure we can.

Also, let’s see where we are by the international break. We’ll have played 11 by then, including Blackburn, Norwich and Burnley away in September. It has been an encouraging week but I think some are getting a bit carried away. 

Edited by firstdivision

2 great wins, yes. Play off talk, no. Not for me.

That's two great wins, but against a new Cardiff team with, what 15 players out and 15 in? And a Luton team that will not recreate last season's success. The other three who we didn't beat included 2 newly promoted teams.

I've said it before and i'll say it again, our best XI to XV players, will be very solid in this division. 

But you can talk about depth in the squad, and yes we do have it, but not in enough quality IMO to be talking about play-offs yet.

Tanner and Wilson clearly off the standard at moment, question marks over Pring. There is a lot of exciting youth, but we've seen year after year how they often struggle for consistency across a whole season.

Vyner, yes looks solid at the moment, let's see him against a top team, because last season we had question marks.

One of Williams and James will likely be injured/need managing at any one time. HNM has, up to this point, had a tendency to have one good game and then 2 bad ones.

TC will start getting some serious attention from defenders. 

How long till Semenyo and Kalas are a)back fit and b) back at top form? Could be half a season before we get both a and b.

And we've not talked about transfers out yet....

Look i'm usually always a glass half full, these are not complaints/criticisms and i'm happy with the progress on the whole, but play offs? I'd say politely, calm down!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Aren't Atkinson, Naismith, Pring and Klose all naturally left-sided? I would think it was RCB where we need cover. 

Klose is right footed, this seems to need to be pointed out about once a week..

I think if Kalas returns & it seems probable we offer Bamba something, we are sorted with Vyner as well.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, chinapig said:

If you are proposing to not sell anyone yet add two players to the squad I can only assume you have missed Nigel repeatedly saying we will be in no position to sign players unless we sell.

This is very important to remember.

Am sure the right two players would improve us and might well push us on but the headroom isn't there...no transfer profit means no new additions as it stands I expect.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

Who ever goes up this season, or any other, will need luck, parachute payments or not, with injuries and refereeing decisions, so no chance for us then.

As mentioned before we have a far more balanced squad than last season, and we are no longer carrying players who are never going to play, so that’s two, and arguably three, players better off than last season. Also given the history over the last couple of seasons it’s highly likely that another of the younger players will have a break through season.

As far as I am aware we have not had any, remotely, acceptable offers for any of the current squad. The most likely movement will be some team panicking and making a last minute silly offer, and that’s more likely to be for a fully proven player, so most likely Wells.

Outside of the above, this is our squad until January, or when ever the window is this season.