IGNORED

City u21s v Peterborough u21s

Davefevs

3 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Taking a place of someone else. I’d just pay his contract up. Would cost about the same as one weeks wage of Wells. 

Maybe he doesn’t want to…maybe he feels his best chance of another club is playing in u21s…at least until the window closes.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Taking a place of someone else. I’d just pay his contract up. Would cost about the same as one weeks wage of Wells. 

Maybe he wants to see his long term contract out, and get some playing time while he's looking for a club rather than being chucked on the scrap heap - he doesn't deserve that, nobody does. The club is doing all it can to help him, same as any other young player in his position.

• Like 6
  • Robin 1

47 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I always thought Morton to be a decent player. But as I said back on July 3 he seems destined to be another Frankie Artus, a perennial player, even sometime captain for the reserves/development side but never to don a 1st team shirt. 

Very nearly correct but he did don a 1st team shirt on 05/09/2020 as a sub in a League Cup match against Exeter City at AG. We won 2-0 but he only got on as a sub around the 89th minute.

• Robin 1

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

So no, Araoye or Francis then? Hmm

Francois sorry autocorrect keeps doing that to me.

@Davefevs I think you said they had promised to update the OS with these guys? They have added some, but they still have Louis Britton and Barney Soady on there, and some of the 18s I think should now be 21's?

4 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Did I read Francis is injured (quad?), he hasn’t featured all season (inc pre-season) has he?

Think you could be right re Araoye though.  Someone (?) told me the players were impressed with him / his attitude!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Francois sorry autocorrect keeps doing that to me.

@Davefevs I think you said they had promised to update the OS with these guys? They have added some, but they still have Louis Britton and Barney Soady on there, and some of the 18s I think should now be 21's?

No, not been updated yet.  I’ll cut Tinman some slack though! ???

31 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

No surprise. As mentioned elsewhere Francois is injured and Pearson made it clear at the end of the pre-season friendlies that Araoye will play in his own age group. As he's 17 that means the U18s mostly with perhaps the odd game for the U21s 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

I think the club could insist if they wanted. Fair play if they don’t want to I guess but I’m assuming he won’t have many games left

Surely “mutual termination” needs both parties to agree?

Heres the rules re unilateral termination!

https://www.easportslaw.com/news/unilateral-termination-of-a-football-players-contract

Also, don’t forget he is meant to receive training, coaching, medical expertise etc as part of his contract.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Surely “mutual termination” needs both parties to agree?

Heres the rules re unilateral termination!

https://www.easportslaw.com/news/unilateral-termination-of-a-football-players-contract

Also, don’t forget he is meant to receive training, coaching, medical expertise etc as part of his contract.

I expect he’d agree to a termination and get his contract paid up and then join another club. Frees up a space in the team for someone with a future at the club 

12 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

I expect he’d agree to a termination and get his contract paid up and then join another club. Frees up a space in the team for someone with a future at the club 

That’s different to what you suggested, that club could cancel on their own.

30 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

That’s different to what you suggested, that club could cancel on their own.

Yeah that’s not what I meant. I know a club can’t cancel without cause, same as I can’t sack people who report to me with no cause. My assumption would be most players would agree as they get their contract paid up

Edited by And Its Smith
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

He's under contract, been looking for a club as he's been told his contract won't be renewed.

Nearly joined MK Dons last season but it fell through and did well on trial at Notts County but they had similar midfielders already.

Why shouldn't he be selected ? It would be a bit off just to drop him, especially as he's more than good enough for the U21s.

Exactly this.

We don’t have the biggest squad so he’s hardly depriving someone of a place.

He’s been free to go since last summer but nothing has cropped up for him.

He’s 23 & doesn’t even have a squad number, if we thought it made sense to cancel his contract & pay him up then we would.

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Exactly this.

We don’t have the biggest squad so he’s hardly depriving someone of a place.

He’s been free to go since last summer but nothing has cropped up for him.

He’s 23 & doesn’t even have a squad number, if we thought it made sense to cancel his contract & pay him up then we would.

Morton is a top player and amazed that nobody has taken him.  He is a really good lad and no bother to anyone and contracted.   If he was an ass then pay him off but makes sense to use him and from his perspective he’s playing  for the club he supports, so I know I’d stay as long as I could if it was me.

• Like 2
  • Robin 1